What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Playoffs - defensive struggle (1 Viewer)

skol asylum

Footballguy
PPR

Him:

QB Manning 10.45

RB Barkley 9.60

RB Lindsay 8.40

WR Allen 0.00

WR Cooper 8.30

TE Cook 5.45

PK Maher 0.00

DT Bills 0.00

Total 42.20 + WR Pettis to go

Me:

QB Luck 11.60

RB Miller 0.80

WR Hill 8.60

WR Thielen 3.90

TE Kelce 16.15

PK Tucker 8.0

DT Ravens 3.0

Total 52.05 plus WR Brown and WR Cooks

Not sure I've seen such under performance by both teams in a playoff game.

@bicycle_seat_sniffer

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep the top 3 teams in my league are all struggling big time and the six seed with cook, Hopkins, and mike Williams is cruising

PPR

Him:

QB Manning 10.45

RB Barkley 9.60

RB Lindsay 8.40

WR Allen 0.00

WR Cooper 8.30

TE Cook 5.45

PK Maher 0.00

DT Bills 0.00

Total 42.20 + WR Pettis to go

Me:

QB Luck 11.60

RB Miller 0.80

WR Hill 8.60

WR Thielen 3.90

TE Kelce 16.15

PK Tucker 8.0

DT Ravens 3.0

Total 52.05 plus WR Brown and WR Cooks

@bicycle_seat_sniffer
Same here.  Weird.  Neither of us have scored under 150 in the last three weeks. 

66-35 with three guys left each.  Two of which are kickers.  

Me: AK + Thomas

him: cmc + cooks

i should be fine. 

Team in my league has won 8 games in a row scoring over 150 points 4 weeks in a row beat me last week with 170. This week he won't break 100. His team 

Mahomes, lindsay, Kamara, cmc, allen, cooper, gronk, greg the leg, jax d

PPR

Him:

QB Manning 10.45

RB Barkley 9.60

RB Lindsay 8.40

WR Allen 0.00

WR Cooper 8.30

WR Pettis 13.30

TE Cook 5.45

PK Maher 0.00

DT Bills 0.00

Total 55.50

Me:

QB Luck 11.60

RB Miller 0.80

WR Hill 8.60

WR Thielen 3.90

WR Brown 14.90

TE Kelce 16.15

PK Tucker 8.0

DT Ravens 3.0

Total 66.95 plus WR Cooks

@bicycle_seat_sniffer
Woohoo. Superbowl bound. Crazy.

One of more bizarre (and frustrating) days I have had in fantasy. Will lose 3 semis where both us us way under average. If I came in close to my avg week I'd have rolled in each one.
Ok glad it’s not just me. Putting up my lowest total of the year in my main league and only winning two others because the other person is sucking more than me. 

Really low scoring week especially for the guys that are in most playoff team's rosters. 

I have 5 playoff teams and none scored within 40 points of their in season average and (while I haven't verified) I wouldn't be surprised if it was a season low for all 5.

ugly man.....losing wentz and having to go with Eli was awful.....Keenan Allen goose egg.....great, post our scores from a couple weeks ago, I think we were both in the 160 plus range

Had a dominant super-team all year (Mahomes, Hill, Saquon, Lindsay, Kittle, Bears D) that averaged 120 points/game in non-PPR (in previous years, 90 was generally a benchmark for a good week). I scored more than 200 more than the next-highest scorer. My only two losses came in weeks where I cleared 100 and put up the league's second-highest point total.

As of right now I have 72 with only my kicker to go (Lutz). Amazingly, I'm up 6 (he still has CMC, so it will be close). My only TDs came from Mahomes on Thursday and Boyd before he got hurt. If it hadn't been for Samuels I would have been totally screwed.

In our league we have Toilet Bowl the same week as Semi-finals.

Semifinals -

1 seed 35.5 (Newton/Moore) v 4 seed 66.5 (McCaffery)

7 seed 82.0 (done) vs 3 seed 68.0 (Brees/Lutz)

Toilet Bowl - 

12 seed 92.0 (done) vs 11 seed 57.0 (done)

so before tonight's game if you combine the scores of the 1 seed and the 4 seed they tie the 12 seed.

and the 12 seed will wind up being the highest score of the week when it is all said and done.  Every year it seems Week 15 is like this.  Just survive.

I hear that.  I'm the 2 seed going against the 8 and i'll need something crazy to win tonight.

I'm up 30.02 no thanks to (Allen, Gronk, Gostikowski, Thielen)  12 points.

Luckily they had Jeff Wilson and Lamar Miller but they still have Brees/Ingram left.

Lost because of TE (my second round pick, not blaming the injury as he had one too)

Also his Kicker +10 on mine. 

Love hate with this game, I really liked my team for the playoffs (OBJ, Gordon, Allen)

Lots of injuries pushed folks to second tier options. 

Lots of underperformances  ( my opponent is out of the country and his stand in sat Henry for Gronk)👍

Weird few weeks

I'm up 76-68 with Brees versus McCaffrey.

#2 vs #3 seed matchup in my oldest league: 

#2 - Mahomes/Zeke owner who recently lost Hunt & OBJ - 79 pts this week

#3 - Watson/Juju/Thielen owner who recently lost Conner & now Aaron Jones - 62 pts this week

Meanwhile I'm scoring 130+ the last two weeks in the consolation bracket cursing my bad luck (had third highest total points but highest points against, finished 7th) because I'd be rolling to the finals if I'd won in Week 13 and gotten in.  😡  :angry:

What can you say? It's December, the weather is getting colder, and defenses are stepping up and playing smashmouth fantasy football.  :boxing:

With so many things coming down to luck in FF, this unfortunately seemed to be a down week across the board for a lot of consistent fantasy studs. 

Weird week, it happens sometimes, and couldn't happen at a worse moment, but that's the "fun" and why we play this game. Any Given Sunday is absolutely a thing in fantasy too.

Users who are viewing this thread