What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Season Salary Cap Question (1 Viewer)

streamkeeper

Footballguy
My home league moved to a Salary Cap league this season. We just completed our initial auction. The league has a history of almost ignoring rookies, so I was able to grab more of them than I expected.
League Details: 10 team PPR Team Budget $300
If I choose, I can give the following contracts:
(3X) 2 Yr Contracts
(2X) 3 Yr Contracts
(1X) 4 Yr Contract

I can sign these players for the price shown plus %10 inflation for the upcoming seasons under contract:
MHJ - $22
Malik Nebers - $20
Rome Odunze - $2
Jonathan Brooks - $3
Trey Benson - $2
George Pickens - $5

Who would you sign and for how long?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Who are your best players? (Not the rookies, this isn’t a dynasty it’s a redraft keeper.)

I have Mahomes ($7) and Achane ($7) under contract. Long story..
In addition to the guys above, I have these players and values.
Barkley $52
D Kincaid $22
J Warren $22
JSN $7
Tank Dell $25

All players can be extended ONCE in the final year of their contract. Extensions can be up to 3 years, thus you could have a player under contract for a max seven seasons.

I would “sign” Harrison and…. Whoever you like for 3yrs then you technically get them for 6 years. Can almost guarantee Harrison is gonna get the extension and be worth of the extra 10% yearly bump so if you want to just lock just him up for 7 I wouldn’t be mad at ya.

(I don’t see Kincaid being worth the $40 range it will cost at the end. If you think Nabers will be worth that it’s your call.)

Last edited:
This is interesting and I'd like to offer my opinion but I have some questions:
  1. If you sign MJH for 4 years his cap hit is 22, 24.2, 26.42, 28.642?
    1. If so I think I do this no question
  2. Is there a roster limit?
    1. If my math is right your standing roster is only at $142. You could sign Harrison at 4 yrs and everyone else at 2 and still have plenty leftover for inflation.

Users who are viewing this thread