What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W15 - Tampa Bay V Atlanta (1 Viewer)

great catch by white. plz dont be hurt.

1-10 ATL28 (4:47) M.Ryan pass deep right to R.White to TB 42 for 30 yards (P.Buchanon). ATL-R.White was injured during the play. His return is Probable

Last edited by a moderator:
Roddy White makes a great leaping catch, appears to have fallen hard on his back and is down. Trainers in looking at him...

Nice break for Turner owners there. Norwood's leap after the swing pass lands him inches shy of the goal line. Norwood out and Turner in for the easy TD.

Griese really started to heat up in the 2d quarter, especially on that last drive. Clearly he's looking to Antonio Bryant as much as Garcia did last week. ATL had been dominating the game but Ryans picks killed two scoring opportunities and the Bucs are now right back in this thing.

Had our foot on their throats, and let 'em back in. Ryan needs to forget that and get it back together.

I don't know how you let Bryant score that easily when he's the only weapon on the field.

I'd like to see how bad the Bucs are on 3rd down pass defense - both last week and today they have been miserable. So irritating.

Neither team wants this game. First, TB is self destructing with penalties, now we're self-destructing with turnovers.

Another ATL turnover! Great strip by the Bucs to steal away a TD and a great challenge by Gruden.

Bucs start with a nice 16-yard catch by Dunn so he is in fact not done.

**** Stockton invents a pass interference flag when none was thrown. He's calling an awful game. Bucs running game starting to click.

Bucs not ready to accept ATL's choke job. Griese takes a big sack. A holding call. And now it's up to M. Bryant again.

EDIT: It's good. He just squeezed it in.

**** Stockton invents a pass interference flag when none was thrown. He's calling an awful game. Bucs running game starting to click.
Coulda gone either way, IMO, no big issue with the non-call.This should be 28-0 at this point. Both picks were more poor throws by Ryan than good plays be TB. TB D playing well, but we're doing nothing to challenge them. Been running successfully up the gut all day, but Mularkey seems intent on challenging the edges, which is suicide against the Bucs speed.

Griese takes another horrible sack and Bucs have to punt after the offense had gotten a couple of first downs. Not sure how many more times the Bucs D can save the day.

This isn't a knock against ATL because they're still a year or two away, but a really really good team would have pummelled the Bucs today, like Carolina did.

The Bucs just aren't very good, at least on the road. Which is where they will be if they even make the playoffs.

I kind of doubt it but I wonder if Gruden isn't coaching for his job these next two weeks. He's had 6 years since the Super Bowl and it looks like they're another 6 away from being there.

We barely got out of our own way today. Not a good game from Ryan, and that was the big difference in this game. I'll be the first to acknowledge 3 big injuries helped to TB in today, Garcia, Hovan and Hayes and, given that, we really should've beaten them soundly. In the end, I'll take it, a win is a win, but those watching this game hoping to see Ryan play rookie of the year were disappointed. A couple of horrible throws kept the Bucs in this game.

Now that was an ugly win - I'll take it, but man did we shoot ourselves in the foot. R fumbles a sure TD on the 1, Ryan gets picked on the 1 and has another horrible throw. The D came up big, but I agree that we caught a break with Garcia out. If he plays, we most likely lose.

So, now the question is, who holds the tiebreaker between Atlanta and Tampa? Tampa looks in decent shape to win out and we've got @Minny next week. Time to go root on the Giants and also hope that Cleveland can pull a miracle tomorrow night.

Now that was an ugly win - I'll take it, but man did we shoot ourselves in the foot. R fumbles a sure TD on the 1, Ryan gets picked on the 1 and has another horrible throw. The D came up big, but I agree that we caught a break with Garcia out. If he plays, we most likely lose.So, now the question is, who holds the tiebreaker between Atlanta and Tampa? Tampa looks in decent shape to win out and we've got @Minny next week. Time to go root on the Giants and also hope that Cleveland can pull a miracle tomorrow night.
Don't forget the blocked punt given up by Coy Wire, but he seems to be a better player than Boley. Tie breaker in division:# Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). (1-1 even)# Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. (3-3 vs 3-3 even)# Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. (toss up, I have no clue)

Now that was an ugly win - I'll take it, but man did we shoot ourselves in the foot. R fumbles a sure TD on the 1, Ryan gets picked on the 1 and has another horrible throw. The D came up big, but I agree that we caught a break with Garcia out. If he plays, we most likely lose.So, now the question is, who holds the tiebreaker between Atlanta and Tampa? Tampa looks in decent shape to win out and we've got @Minny next week. Time to go root on the Giants and also hope that Cleveland can pull a miracle tomorrow night.
Don't forget the blocked punt given up by Coy Wire, but he seems to be a better player than Boley. Tie breaker in division:# Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). (1-1 even)# Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. (3-3 vs 3-3 even)# Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. (toss up, I have no clue)
According to the Playoff Calculator...TB wins the tie with Atlanta. I believe it's due to strength of schedule.

gump said:
Shlon said:
AAABatteries said:
According to the Playoff Calculator...TB wins the tie with Atlanta. I believe it's due to strength of schedule.
If it's a three way tie with Atlanta - Dallas - Tampa, NBC just said Tampa would be the odd man out. I think they're wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread