What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Team Gameplan (1 Viewer)

eighsse

Footballguy
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers on what to do going forward (or do nothing). Thanks you in advance!

12-team PPR Dynasty league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 0 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, K, DST. 20-man roster. 1 pt / 50 pass yd; 0.1 pt / rush yd; 0.1 pt / rec yd; 5 pt bonuses on 300 pass yd/150 rush yd/150 rec yd/50+ yd FG.

[planned cuts in brackets]

QB: Hurts, Tua, [mullens]

RB: Swift, Mixon, Moss, Singletary, Darrynton Evans, Salvon Ahmed, [brian hill], [kerryon johnson], [devonta freeman], [travis homer]

WR: AJ Brown, Lamb, DJ Moore, Godwin, Curtis Samuel, Bryan Edwards, Gabriel Davis, [lynn bowden]

TE: Hockenson

K: [gano]    DST: Saints

Picks: 1.07, 2.03, 3.02, [4.02]

Future picks: 3 extra 2nd round picks in 2022.

One specific note: I would really like to make one more cut or make a 2-for-1 trade, because I'd have to use 3.02 on a kicker, and I hate passing on very draftable guys that would be left at the #26 spot to take a kicker. If I cut another, it would probably be Gabriel Davis, or could *try* to trade him for a 2022 3rd round.

Sorry for the vague "non-question", just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on gameplan going forward. Thank you for taking the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you don't have to play a TE I would look to trade Hockenson on name value as he gets talked up as an upper tier TE when in reality he just becomes meh when you don't need to play a TE.  You may be able to capitalize on that.  It could free up your kicker spot so you don't waste a draft pick. 

Since you don't have to play a TE I would look to trade Hockenson on name value as he gets talked up as an upper tier TE when in reality he just becomes meh when you don't need to play a TE.  You may be able to capitalize on that.  It could free up your kicker spot so you don't waste a draft pick. 
Good thinking, but I think the league is kind of onto that angle already, Hockenson has been hard to unload for anything, even as he's become a serious breakout candidate. But it's also puzzling how certain TE's continue to be owned in the same league (Ertz, Hooper, and Engram, currently, for instance). You'd think if someone considered those guys roster-worthy, they pay a decent penny for Hock, but no luck as yet.

Good thinking, but I think the league is kind of onto that angle already, Hockenson has been hard to unload for anything, even as he's become a serious breakout candidate. But it's also puzzling how certain TE's continue to be owned in the same league (Ertz, Hooper, and Engram, currently, for instance). You'd think if someone considered those guys roster-worthy, they pay a decent penny for Hock, but no luck as yet.
Too bad.  Maybe use him as a sweetener in another deal?

Gally said:
Too bad.  Maybe use him as a sweetener in another deal?
Yeah, kind of working on using any of Hock, Davis, Edwards to get a 2022 pick, or combine two of them for a 2021 pick, or even just sell one of them to shift one of my current picks up. It's tough to get anyone to make a trade though. Then suddenly someone accepts a trade that you wouldn't expect. Our league is weird.

Users who are viewing this thread