What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Generations Fantasy Sports (1 Viewer)

@GregoryLKellogg

Footballguy
To the Admins - if I am out of line with this post please let me know and feel free to delete it. But please let me know so I don’t transgress again. I think it’s allowed but want to be sure.

I have been asked to Beta test a new app for iPhones and Androids. Generations Fantasy allows you to draft past and present players who have at least three years worth of stats to draw on.

Imagine a team with Warren Moon handing the ball to Derrick Henry or OJ Simpson. Throwing Calvin Johnson, AJ Green and Travis Kelce. I don’t have to imagine because that is my team.

The management team would love to have FBG help them improve their product.

If you are like me, you are really enjoying free agency and looking forward to the draft. Because you are suffering PTSD from the lack of FFL games.

I will be doing a multi site 20-team test of the software next month. One of my recommendations to the Generations management teams will be to add divisions so we can have multi-platform leagues. Not there yet but hopefully.

If you want to help out, send me a message on X (@GregoryLKellogg) or watch my podcast on Thursday night at 7 PM ET. I will be interviewing the COO of Generations Fantasy Sports.

And talking about podcasts, the Audible is one of the very best! Sig and Cecil are two of my favorite people. I received outstanding advice from them when I started my Pod. I recently stumbled across Jeff, Kevin and Christian’s dynasty pod - also excellent!

To the Admins - if I am out of line with this post please let me know and feel free to delete it. But please let me know so I don’t transgress again. I think it’s allowed but want to be sure.

I have been asked to Beta test a new app for iPhones and Androids. Generations Fantasy allows you to draft past and present players who have at least three years worth of stats to draw on.

Imagine a team with Warren Moon handing the ball to Derrick Henry or OJ Simpson. Throwing Calvin Johnson, AJ Green and Travis Kelce. I don’t have to imagine because that is my team.

If you are like me, you are really enjoying free agency and looking forward to the draft. Because you are suffering PTSD from the lack of FFL games.

I will be doing a multi site 20-team test of the software next month. One of my recommendations to the Generations management teams will be to add divisions so we can have multi-platform leagues. Not there yet but hopefully.

If you want to help out, send me a message on X (@GregoryLKellogg) or watch my podcast on Thursday night at 7 PM ET. I will be interviewing the COO of Generations Fantasy Sports.

And talking about podcasts, the Audible is one of the very best! Sig and Cecil are two of my favorite people. I received outstanding advice from them when I started my Pod. I recently stumbled across Jeff, Kevin and Christian’s dynasty pod - also excellent!
Interesting. Don't understand how this works. Random scores from past players based on their averages?

Interesting. Don't understand how this works. Random scores from past players based on their averages?
Easier than you think. The system maintains a DB of all past games and randomly selects a year and game to use the stats. For instance, in game 2 of my first Beta test, I got OJ Simpson’s stats from 9/21/75. He had 1 reception for 5 yards that scored 0 points for me. But he rushed for 173 yards (17 points) and two TDs (12 points) so I got 29 points from him. The only downside is that game is marked as used so I won’t see it again.

Easier than you think. The system maintains a DB of all past games and randomly selects a year and game to use the stats. For instance, in game 2 of my first Beta test, I got OJ Simpson’s stats from 9/21/75. He had 1 reception for 5 yards that scored 0 points for me. But he rushed for 173 yards (17 points) and two TDs (12 points) so I got 29 points from him. The only downside is that game is marked as used so I won’t see it again.
Interesting idea. It ... becomes a little more of a mathematics game. So, is the random game selection used for every player? Or does this go on during the season like regular fantasy football, and only your retired guys get the random game scores?

Interesting idea. It ... becomes a little more of a mathematics game. So, is the random game selection used for every player? Or does this go on during the season like regular fantasy football, and only your retired guys get the random game scores?
Every player. This way current players can be used in the offseason. But, since three years are required, you can’t draft Jahmyr or Bijan.

Are you able to make trades, adds, drops, etc like a normal league? If they are allowed and you trade a guy does there database reset? Meaning, will that game on 9/21/75 for OJ be reset or is it still off the board for the new owner? Is there an easy way to see what games have already been used as you are planning your lineup for the following week?

Is there an easy way to see what games have already been used as you are planning your lineup for the following week?
If not, this game definitely rewards those who take the time to keep theirown database!
I always thought a fun league would be to draft a team from a certain year. You don't know the year until you show up at the draft (think this would be ideal for a sports bar to do in slow times of the year). You show up at 7pm. You get handed a cheatsheet with the final year stats for every player on it. Then you draft a team with a group of owners based only on that cheatsheet. Each week you submit a lineup and you get the stats for that week for your starting lineup. The only thing you know going into the week is what players didn't play that particular week. Obvoulsy, you would have to use some sort of honor system to not look up weekly stats. You could run three weeks a week or a whole season a week or whatever. Lots of options.

Seems like a great thing for a sports bar to put on.

Are you able to make trades, adds, drops, etc like a normal league? If they are allowed and you trade a guy does there database reset? Meaning, will that game on 9/21/75 for OJ be reset or is it still off the board for the new owner? Is there an easy way to see what games have already been used as you are planning your lineup for the following week?
Excellent questions. Trades no. It’s on my recommendation list. Adds & drops yes. Without limitation. One guy I know changed his entire roster each week of a season.

Is there an easy way to see what games have already been used as you are planning your lineup for the following week?
If not, this game definitely rewards those who take the time to keep theirown database!
I always thought a fun league would be to draft a team from a certain year. You don't know the year until you show up at the draft (think this would be ideal for a sports bar to do in slow times of the year). You show up at 7pm. You get handed a cheatsheet with the final year stats for every player on it. Then you draft a team with a group of owners based only on that cheatsheet. Each week you submit a lineup and you get the stats for that week for your starting lineup. The only thing you know going into the week is what players didn't play that particular week. Obvoulsy, you would have to use some sort of honor system to not look up weekly stats. You could run three weeks a week or a whole season a week or whatever. Lots of options.

Seems like a great thing for a sports bar to put on.
So you could have the same player on different teams using games from different years? Hard to program. But also pretty easy to game. Once you know the year you just Google league leaders for that year.

So you could have the same player on different teams using games from different years? Hard to program. But also pretty easy to game. Once you know the year you just Google league leaders for that year.
The league is a single year just like a typical fantasy league. Say 1978. You show up to the bar and are given the final year stats of every player for 1978. You draft your team (along with 11 other owners for a 12 team league). Then you run the schedule like a typical fantasy league year. You use week 1 individual stats for your chosen week 1 starting lineup vs your opponents week 1 starting lineup. Just like any other typical league. The bar could even show the game of the week for that year. That night.

Yes there are ways to game the system. Maybe instead of having a full year of games the bar can just have a nightly contest. Anyone interested drafts a starting lineup and the highest scoring team gets a free pitcher of beer. Maybe show the Super Bowl for the year chosen for that night and you each quarter of the game is a random week for your team's players. Prizes each quarter (week) or something.

This could be an awesome weekly event for a bar. Lots of options

The league is a single year just like a typical fantasy league. Say 1978. You show up to the bar and are given the final year stats of every player for 1978. You draft your team (along with 11 other owners for a 12 team league). Then you run the schedule like a typical fantasy league year. You use week 1 individual stats for your chosen week 1 starting lineup vs your opponents week 1 starting lineup. Just like any other typical league. The bar could even show the game of the week for that year. That night.

Yes there are ways to game the system. Maybe instead of having a full year of games the bar can just have a nightly contest. Anyone interested drafts a starting lineup and the highest scoring team gets a free pitcher of beer. Maybe show the Super Bowl for the year chosen for that night and you each quarter of the game is a random week for your team's players. Prizes each quarter (week) or something.

Sounds like fun. Have proposed it to your local sports bar?

I would love to bring this up, unfortunately in my small town there really isn't a sports bar that would be suitable for this type of thing. I will think about it though and try and come up with some guidelines/format to maybe make this possible here.

It's just one of my many ideas for sports bars if I could figure out a way to become a sports bar consultant.

I would love to bring this up, unfortunately in my small town there really isn't a sports bar that would be suitable for this type of thing. I will think about it though and try and come up with some guidelines/format to maybe make this possible here.

It's just one of my many ideas for sports bars if I could figure out a way to become a sports bar consultant.
Heard back from Joe (Bryant). Hopefully we will add some beta testers from FBG.

In the meantime, Game 4 is done. I wrote a recap on X. Let me know what you think!

In the meantime, Game 4 is done. I wrote a recap on X. Let me know what you think!

Quick update - I am interviewing the Chief Operating Officer of Generations Fantasy Sports tonight on X. If you have any questions, tune in or send them my way.

It’s a new FFL gaming system that allows you to play with the all time greats and today’s stars.

Speaking of playing, I have 2-3 openings in my latest test. Draft is Saturday, games will be played daily. If interested, download Generations Fantasy from your App Store and register an account. When done, send me a message with your email address and if there are still openings I will send you a league invitation. I currently have two or three openings in a league that drafts on Saturday. Games are scheduled daily so that the test can be completed in a couple weeks.

Quick update - I am interviewing the Chief Operating Officer of Generations Fantasy Sports tonight on X. If you have any questions, tune in or send them my way.

It’s a new FFL gaming system that allows you to play with the all time greats and today’s stars.

Speaking of playing, I have 2-3 openings in my latest test. Draft is Saturday, games will be played daily. If interested
I’m about to right the Game Three updates on X. Follow me @GregoryLKellogg if you want to see how I cover the league.
write not right! Can’t even blame spell check for that one! Just a tired old brain!

Speaking of playing, I have 2-3 openings in my latest test. Draft is Saturday, games will be played daily. If interested
I’m about to right the Game Three updates on X. Follow me @GregoryLKellogg if you want to see how I cover the league.
write not right! Can’t even blame spell check for that one! Just a tired old brain!

Just one spot left. Some pretty good VLoggers are in (Luceny & Polvogt). One spot left if a FBG wants to draft legendary players against 11 other fanatics!

Users who are viewing this thread