What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Getting off to a good start HUGE this year (1 Viewer)

NY/NJMFDIVER

Footballguy
I think given the Week 6 and 7 byes of 6 teams each week, I think it's CRUCIAL to get off to a hot start this year. If only because I think many teams will be forced into deep roster cuts of guys on bye to make their lineups fly. If you are hot going into that point in time and can afford to lose a week or even two, there might be some really attractive players who'll hit waivers that would be huge for stretch run.

Whereas, if you are cold going into that week, you really can't afford to stash players for the stretch and your season is now(in those weeks).

I tend to think this isn't a factor. The teams which get off to a hot start will likely be the ones with players yet to have a bye. I'm not sure I'd put too much stock in this.

how exactly did the bye weeks change this year?
Last year Weeks 3-10 had 4 teams off.This year Byes end at Week 9, and Weeks 6 and 7 have two extra teams off (this coincides with the baseball playoffs / World Series for ratings purposes).

Week 10 was cleared to allow for the first week of scheduling flexibility, as Weeks 10-15 will have one game moved to Sunday Night Football.

I think given the Week 6 and 7 byes of 6 teams each week, I think it's CRUCIAL to get off to a hot start this year. If only because I think many teams will be forced into deep roster cuts of guys on bye to make their lineups fly. If you are hot going into that point in time and can afford to lose a week or even two, there might be some really attractive players who'll hit waivers that would be huge for stretch run.

Whereas, if you are cold going into that week, you really can't afford to stash players for the stretch and your season is now(in those weeks).
Didnt seem too crucial to the Redskins last year when they started off slow.

Didnt seem too crucial to the Redskins last year when they started off slow.
I know you love to talk about your precious Redskins, but this thread was about A) FANTASY FOOTBALL teams, and B) About how it is DIFFERENT from this "last year" you speak of.

Users who are viewing this thread