What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

giants sign rookie? (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
The New York Giants announced on Wednesday that they have signed rookie free agent tight end Tony Jackson to a contract. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
from blogger

:D Thanks for getting my back, Bri!

When I posted the summary tonight, the player summary for Jackson said "rookie". I assumed they meant undrafted free agent from last year, not anyone eligible from the current draft class, of course. However, the link (player profile from the link) didn't give a lot of specifics about what "rookie" meant, so I tried not to wax-poetic on the subject.

Ehck. I summarize 'em like I read 'em. Some of those news sources make you put on a :tinfoilhat: before they'll reveal any decent info.......

Last edited by a moderator:
He was drafted by Seattle last year. 14 recepions in college. As much a blocking TE as could be I guess, huh?

Hmm....drafted but didn't make the team or practice squad? I'll be honest, I never heard of the guy until I saw the story at FoxSports tonight. Is a guy technically still a "rookie" if Stats.com shows a big, fat zero in all the statistical categories (including games played)?

You're right though.....I don't think Shockey has too much to worry about in the stats department. ;)

EDITED TO ADD: I removed the word "rookie" from the summary, just to be on the "safe" side.....LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm....drafted but didn't make the team or practice squad? I'll be honest, I never heard of the guy until I saw the story at FoxSports tonight. Is a guy technically still a "rookie" if Stats.com shows a big, fat zero in all the statistical categories (including games played)?

You're right though.....I don't think Shockey has too much to worry about in the stats department. ;)
It probably has to do with Shiancoe some sorta contract pressuring by Ernie.No clue why but no one seems interested in him

Users who are viewing this thread