What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Golf Guys - Laser rangefinder or GPS? (1 Viewer)

Does anyone have a recommendation for an app that doesn't drain your battery? When I tried one (I think it was Golfpad or 18birdies) it drained 90% of my battery by the 5th hole.

Truth is for most of us anything that gives a reading to the middle of the green is enough.  While I can do all of the calculations, the smart play is to the middle of the green anyway.  Where I really use it is on any layup shot.  If a fairway bunker is 200 out and I'm laying up, I make sure nothing I hit can reach it.
Which is it? 74 or 75 yards?

Anybody have a launch monitor they like? I'm between the FlightScope Mevo or the Rapsodo.  Both about $500.  I'm going to start a number of Clay Ballard drills (Top Speed golf) and I really need a monitor to measure progress.  Of all the videos (I've seen way too many) his instruction resonates with me more than anyone.  And I'd kill to have a swing like his.  Get the whole instruction series for something like $47.

I use my Garmin watch.  I have only run into a couple of courses that are not in the app.  On a new course I will use GolfPAD or 18Birdies to see hazard distances.

The watch will keep my score after each hole.  Then store the data into the Taylormade app for handicap and other data.

Users who are viewing this thread