What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gonzo value thread (1 Viewer)

ghostguy123

Footballguy
Maybe I am just blind and stupid, but I didn't see a thread for just Gonzo and his value for startup, and/or trade value for dynasty.

What do you guys think, knowing it is a 99.99999% chance he plays this one year and is done, and that he won't do the normal offseason workload he has in the past (which personally to me isnt a big deal cause I think he has been taking it easy a while anyway).

I'm in win now mode, so it would take A LOT for me to move him, but I'm curious to hear some recent trades....

I'm in win now mode, so it would take A LOT for me to move him, but I'm curious to hear some recent trades....
In a league I am trying to win now also, I have a lot of WR depth (at most can start 4). My #5 and #6 WRs as far as projecting for this year are Maclin and Stevie Johnson.I do have Witten, but would be nice to back that up with Gonzo, plus it is a 1.5 PPR for TE and I can start both if I want. Idiotically, I have considered dealing one of them for Gonzo.

I'm also in a win-now mode and have Gonzo. I would have to consider moving him for Macklin and Steve Johnson would be an easy decision for me, doubt i would get either.

It would take A young top 20 type wr for him.

Ghost - coincidentally i also have witten and can, and usually did, start both. It put us Ata nice advantage most weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Gonzo but I am in rebuild mode. Been trying to deal him since about mid season for people on playoff runs but was unsuccessful. We get a compensation pick for players, if still on our roster, and they retire, so once he does retire (assuming he is still productive), will probably fetch me a 2nd round pick. However I can't find a team willing to give a little more.

I have Gonzo but I am in rebuild mode. Been trying to deal him since about mid season for people on playoff runs but was unsuccessful. We get a compensation pick for players, if still on our roster, and they retire, so once he does retire (assuming he is still productive), will probably fetch me a 2nd round pick. However I can't find a team willing to give a little more.
Put him on the block for allllllll to see, lol. Someone will bite. They should anyway, dude will be top 5 again.

I'm in a win now mode. I traded for him last year after he said he was retiring. Gave away Jonathan Stewart. I wouldnt take Stewart for him right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up Ben Tate for him in a league that rewards TE receptions (1 point PPR vs. 1/2 point PPR for other positions) last season in week 10, as I was headed toward a playoff run.

I had a feeling he'd stick around, but it was worth it to just get him for the last few games of the season. Right now, I doubt I'd trade him for anything less than a top 15 player at RB or WR, because I'm looking for a championship. I already have Jimmy Graham, but tight ends score huge in this league.

Just flipped him to wiscstlatlmia in a 14 team devy league for the 1.14 and Brian quick. 6 rookies are rostered already so it's basically the 20th rookie.

Users who are viewing this thread