What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good Drugs vs Bad Drugs (1 Viewer)

packseasontix

Footballguy
So I was just listing to a 4 letter network where they were talking about how Manning will need some pain killers and Adrenaline for his high ankle sprains to play....

My question is if the NFL is worried about getting sued and that is all wouldn't they try to limit all these drugs? If its really just about player safety and long term health wouldn't they ban all these drugs?

In the end its crazy they allow things like Adrenaline to be injected with pain meds but something like smoking Marijuana would get you banned possibly for multiple games. I understand that Marijuana is illegal and that is fine but even if a 49er went over to Amsterdam during his week in London and smoked it legally I doubt it would make a difference...

(Also to be clear I can care less if they make Marijuana legal as I don't mess around with that stuff using it as an example)

Ammonia Sniffing article from Favre's days:

"Ammonia inhalants are used for inhalation only to prevent or treat fainting," the statement said.

http://savannahnow.com/stories/020305/2773236.shtml

Adderall drug of choice?:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000242017/article/report-adderall-remains-drug-of-choice-for-many-nfl-players

Warren Sapp on pain meds mandatory to play almost...:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/166712256.html

Marijuana's actually legal in coloroda so peyton could smoke it if he wanted and didn't play in the nfl.

it's not a bad question. Guess they have to draw the line somewhere. In any sport you can get stuff like cortisone injections, etc.

OG Kush

Bubba Kush

SoCal Master Kush

Super Silver Haze

NL5XHaze

That's my daily lineup of meds 24-7 365

Viva La Cannabis

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood the adrenaline reference. He'll get a pain med injection, but the adrenaline will come from inside his own body when the psychological rush of the game hits him.

Probably a good percentage of players smoke weed regularly, some probably do other street drugs too. The NFL only tests for street drugs once a year, before training camp. PEDs are tested randomly year round. I believe one positive test equals getting tested for all drugs regularly year round.

Probably a good percentage of players smoke weed regularly, some probably do other street drugs too. The NFL only tests for street drugs once a year, before training camp. PEDs are tested randomly year round. I believe one positive test equals getting tested for all drugs regularly year round.
There's a line, like someone said above. Legality and "ethical" medical practices factor in when it comes to narcotic pain killers. You also need your guys to have their head clear enough to play, so the balance of clear head vs pain tolerance comes in. Some players, like Favre, get so hooked on them that they have to go to treatment. Others, like Walter Jones (kidney or liver issue, iirc), can't or won't take them so I'd imagine they get any number of injections on a weekly basis.

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood the adrenaline reference. He'll get a pain med injection, but the adrenaline will come from inside his own body when the psychological rush of the game hits him.
I also interpreted it as Coach did. In the hospital I work at, you might get some adrenaline if you have an airway that's shut or a heart that decides it's done beating for the time being. I think an Adrenaline shot would turn Peyton Manning directly into Cornholio.

I also interpreted it as Coach did. In the hospital I work at, you might get some adrenaline if you have an airway that's shut or a heart that decides it's done beating for the time being. I think an Adrenaline shot would turn Peyton Manning directly into Cornholio.
LOL. Great reference. Same massive forehead, too!

I understand that Marijuana is illegal and that is fine but even if a 49er went over to Amsterdam during his week in London and smoked it legally I doubt it would make a difference...
From what I understand, in Amsterdam It breaks down like this. It's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and, if you're the proprietor of a hash bar, it's legal to sell it. It's legal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter cause - get a load of this - if you get stopped by the cops in Amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean, thats a right the cops in Amsterdam don't have.

I understand that Marijuana is illegal and that is fine but even if a 49er went over to Amsterdam during his week in London and smoked it legally I doubt it would make a difference...
From what I understand, in Amsterdam It breaks down like this. It's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and, if you're the proprietor of a hash bar, it's legal to sell it. It's legal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter cause - get a load of this - if you get stopped by the cops in Amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean, thats a right the cops in Amsterdam don't have.
:tebow:

Users who are viewing this thread