What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Had my first keeper draft... thoughts/ideas? (1 Viewer)

bigmarc27

Footballguy
12 teams, 6x6 (OBP and Holds being the extra 2 categories), 12 Keepers regardless of round drafted.

C: Jason Castro

1B: Mark Teixera

2B: Jose Altuve

SS: Jean Segura

3B: Evan Longoria

OF: Mike Trout

OF: Giancarlo Stanton

OF: Wil Myers

UTIL: Justin Upton

Bench: Xander Boegarts

Bench: Jurickson Profar - will send to IR

Bench: Byron Buxton

Bench: Mike Moustakas

P: Jordan Zimmerman

P: Alex Cobb

P: Michael Wacha

P: Zach Wheeler

P: Yordano Ventura

P: John Axford

P: Tommy Hunter

Bench: Matt Harvey - will send to IR

Bench: Taijuan Walker

Bench: JJ Hoover

Bench: Joakim Soria

Bench: Jordan Walden

So I obviously went for an OF that I thought could be a core for awhile. Took Harvey and Buxton as my 11th and 12th keepers next year -- Harvey was an easy choice since I can IR him all year.

I'll pick up two guys - I think I probably need a good bench bat and maybe another RP.

Thoughts? Wanted guys I felt I could win with now but also a core of younger players.

Thanks

Pitching is too young, find a team needing young pitchers and see if you can flip some of them for vets. Walker and Ventura are probably the best places to start. I think you can find a better speculative add than Moose too, probably an arm. Buxtons upside is awe inspiring, but given your of there isn't a spot for him when he is ready. I'd rather use that spot on something else, but in a keeper I am sure there will be a trade market for him. You will have no problem coming up with twelve keepers next year anyway, twelve isn't all that deep.

Hesitate to say much about your relievers since your league does holds (I hate them) but I would rather speculate on starters now and as they flame out start playing ctch up with holds. There will be options available on waivers to help with holds a month from now.

Yeah I kept having batters I wanted fall while the starting pitching was being scarfed up. I took Harvey earlier than I should have because he was the only "ace" left even if I have to sit on him for a year. Also he doesn't cost me a roster spot for now.

Moustakas was literally 260+ picks in, so I took a flyer to see if his spring was legit. I'll probably drop him in a month.

I do have concerns with my pitching but can stream if I need to... Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
A nine man bench with only 16 man active roster slots (plus two IR) allows you to stash some guys. It looks like a team that's built more for 2016 than 2014 but you'll have some tough keeper decisions along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread