What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Halloween 2020 (1 Viewer)

We are still doing what we always do. We are the Meyers house.

New neighborhood this year (we closed on our forever home in June). So a new tradition of scaring all the neighborhood kids, tweens and teens will begin. We are super excited. 

We also have a community FB page in this new community we moved too. We will post a week before Halloween:

The Night He Came Home

Come Face To Face With Michael If You Dare at

123 main street

That ought to get them excited LOL!!!

We go all out. I have fog machines, a giant screen showing Halloween and Halloween II on the drive way, the full soundtrack from Halloween and Halloween II blasting while I do my thing as Michael Meyers for all the trick or treaters.....it is a great time. We are that house. We have props everywhere.....strobe lighting, tombstones, the works. We go totally into character. 

Covid is not running our good time this Halloween. I have a mask on (Michael Meyers Halloween II mask from Trick or Treat studios LOL).....I am good.

We are going to pass this year, which sucks because this is our favorite holiday. 

Every year, we usually get close to 300 kids coming to the door, but there is no way I can risk that level of exposure just to hand out candy. 

Probably will just watch scary movies all night as a family. 

We will carve pumpkins and put candy in a big bin and sit outside to let kids grab from it.

No reason you cannot hand out candy safely.

We have a 3 and 5 year old, they will not be going trick or treating though.

I'm just going to set up a chair my driveway with a cooler of Natural Light and bucket of snack size candybars, then sit down drink beer and throw Snickers at passing cars all night. 
Lol. That would be awesome. Just put a barrier up and throw candy to the kids.

No idea what I’m doing. My kids are all now old enough that they won’t be trick or treating. I believe there will likely be a couple small parties at the friends houses where they go here and there, small circle of friends that hang out.

I may have to do icon’s idea of setting up a chair and doing something cool to hand them out like a slide to drop the candy down or just throwing them at the kids. Maybe one big bar assortment. No idea how many kids will even go out. We are an older kid neighborhood now since the houses are around 15 years old. Some new kids have moved in but not enough so the number of kids that come by has been way less than years ago.

New neighborhood this year (we closed on our forever home in June). So a new tradition of scaring all the neighborhood kids, tweens and teens will begin. We are super excited. 

We also have a community FB page in this new community we moved too. We will post a week before Halloween:

The Night He Came Home

123 main street

We go all out. I have fog machines, a giant screen showing Halloween and Halloween II on the drive way, the full soundtrack from Halloween and Halloween II blasting while I do my thing as Michael Meyers for all the trick or treaters.....it is a great time. We are that house. We have props everywhere.....strobe lighting, tombstones, the works. We go totally into character. 

Covid is not running our good time this Halloween. I have a mask on (Michael Meyers Halloween II mask from Trick or Treat studios LOL).....I am good.
You have a giant screen showing Halloween in your driveway with little kids walking around?  Do any parents get upset about that?

The Night He Came Home

123 main street

We go all out too.  Thunder and lightning machine, projector, tv out front playing The Ring like images.  :hifive:

AAABatteries said:
You have a giant screen showing Halloween in your driveway with little kids walking around?  Do any parents get upset about that?
Nope. We start the movie around 8PM......by then the little little kids are not even trick or treating anymore. Mostly 10 and ups.

I saw Halloween at age 9 man. 

MTskibum said:
We will carve pumpkins and put candy in a big bin and sit outside to let kids grab from it.

No reason you cannot hand out candy safely.

We have a 3 and 5 year old, they will not be going trick or treating though.
We'll carve pumpkins for sure. 

I'm really not sure what we'll do regarding trick or treating. Probably go out, rinse everything with sanitizer, and pass out candy like usual.

I have a 🐼 mask, call be Pandamike.

We are having a small Halloween party on the 30th, for kids only.  Probably like 7-8 kids that my kids hang around with in the neighborhood as it is.  

As for Halloween itself, I'm not sure.  I don't see a problem walking around the neighborhood and grabbing candy from bowls outside people's houses.

We are also doing a drive-through haunted house thing on the 7th.  I'm sure they'll give out some goodies there, too.

COVID can suck it.

Nope. We start the movie around 8PM......by then the little little kids are not even trick or treating anymore. Mostly 10 and ups.

I saw Halloween at age 9 man. 
It’s been a long time since I saw it - I recalled it not being too gory, mainly scary and maybe some boobs?  Just seems to me to be ripe for a parent to complain.  Enjoy!

Halloween is my least favorite holiday by a large margin, but i'm seriously considering buying this costume and just roaming the neighborhood to see the reactions. 

It’s been a long time since I saw it - I recalled it not being too gory, mainly scary and maybe some boobs?  Just seems to me to be ripe for a parent to complain.  Enjoy!
Just a quick flash of boobs for maybe 5-7 seconds.....barely any blood at all.....the movie is all about atmosphere and camera angles etc. Harmless. And in 20 years of doing this......never had one single complaint 

[icon] said:
I'm just going to set up a chair my driveway with a cooler of Natural Light and bucket of snack size candybars, then sit down drink beer and throw Snickers at passing cars all night. 
This is kind of our style.

I light a fire in my firepit and sit out front in the driveway and hand out the candy while the wife takes the kids trick or treating.

My cooler of beer sits nearby and I hand out beers to the moms and dads who want one. Usually a pretty big hit. I'll be out there again this year as usual. Sounds like I'm gonna throw Snickers. Thanks for the idea.  :thumbup:

Please don't cancel it due to covid 19. We all need to resolve our stress and best time to give the time for children. i can't wait anymore please give us amazing ideas about Halloween Costume

Users who are viewing this thread