What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harry Potter, Wizards Unite: Community Day. Aug 10 (3 Viewers)

2 Buckbeaks down

I plan to pop some Buffarios potion tonight, head to the park and have fun. One loop around the  park filled me from 15 spell energy to 115. Might level up one or two levels also. 
I got two unicorns but tough to beat. So, I don’t know if they’ll depart or if they just take a lot of energy to get. 

Well, best laid plans

by the time I got home, I was done with Buckbeak and have 10/12 unicorns. Hopefully I will run into the other stuff on my park run today. Wish I was here all summer. This place (ocmd) rocks for HPWU

next week I will be in Europe. Interested to see what is around there if different. 

First unicorn was tough—-was getting a little frustrated. Really looking forward to some walking tomorrow and getting some PG and HP time in 

Work specifically on the Specials for additional Restricted Books. Tap the ✔️ in the lower right hand corner, then the ❗ box to find out what you have to do. Stack up from that area.

Work specifically on the Specials for additional Restricted Books. Tap the ✔️ in the lower right hand corner, then the ❗ box to find out what you have to do. Stack up from that area.
I don’t have a clue what this means. 

Right now I’m maxed with Buckbeak, the unicorn and spider. I need the tree bark, the lizard thing and the thing where you need 3

Don’t want to spoil anything but I will prob get tree trunk tomorrow

I don’t have a clue what this means. 

Right now I’m maxed with Buckbeak, the unicorn and spider. I need the tree bark, the lizard thing and the thing where you need 3

Don’t want to spoil anything but I will prob get tree trunk tomorrow
Here, I will show you.

I haven't seen the spider yet. I leave battles if its Buckbeak or Unicorn although I shouldn't because I got the tree stump from a battle or a challenge. Might have been from a challenge.

Here, I will show you.

I haven't seen the spider yet. I leave battles if its Buckbeak or Unicorn although I shouldn't because I got the tree stump from a battle or a challenge. Might have been from a challenge.
You got the tree stump from the last set of special event special assignments. Im 3 magizooologist pick ups away from you. 

I got the spider from using flora and fauna runes in wizarding challenges. 

Ok, few things

any portkeys ready to open will NOT count towards the event

there are special portkeys that open to the forbidden forest. I was able to get 2 fragments for the snargaluff that way. 

I’m at the point where I can’t really advance in challenges without a team mate. My kids don’t seem to be into it so I may have to start asking randoms standing around if they are playing Harry Potter. That won’t be too weird. 

AcerFC said:
What are the other professors planning to do with their restricted books
In the same boat and looking through the tree, the places that I can open, take 15 book to help teammates or help with enhancements. The individual parts have to do with taking stamina away from opponents when they attack or defend. Assuming those each take 4 books, you can open three of those... compared to opening one portion to help a teammate out. I'll read up a little more but opening, possibly, three stamina reducing would help out in the challenges for the individual.

I think that is the way to go especially since events are topped at 15 books and I assume there will be an event every month... I don't think there will be one every week but who knows.

Playing this, but I'm guessing I'm missing most of the game.  I'm just wandering around fighting whatever pops up.  Haven't fought anyone else, and I'm not sure what benefits friends give, but my code is 7589 9608 5218. Will be shooting people an invite (Dozier).

Playing this, but I'm guessing I'm missing most of the game.  I'm just wandering around fighting whatever pops up.  Haven't fought anyone else, and I'm not sure what benefits friends give, but my code is 7589 9608 5218. Will be shooting people an invite (Dozier).
Build up levels by fighting things. Don't spend things like gold, dark detectors, or scrolls. Save things up instead of just spending willy nilly. Do some other research but start slow.

Build up levels by fighting things. Don't spend things like gold, dark detectors, or scrolls. Save things up instead of just spending willy nilly. Do some other research but start slow.
Picked a profession, aren't these what you use to "train" or are they something different?

Picked a profession, aren't these what you use to "train" or are they something different?
Yes, but choose wisely. Don't just spread out your scrolls on every branch. Plus, you're in the event right now which you probably are too weak to beat the Unicorns and Buckbeaks so try to level up with ruinstones, if possible. Hoard things for now until about level 5 or higher as you get the hang of things.

Yes, but choose wisely. Don't just spread out your scrolls on every branch. Plus, you're in the event right now which you probably are too weak to beat the Unicorns and Buckbeaks so try to level up with ruinstones, if possible. Hoard things for now until about level 5 or higher as you get the hang of things.
🤣 I'm level 8 or 9 and still don't have the hang of things.

Well, i finished the event earlier today. 

Took the kids to a trampoline place and there was a fortress there. Just so happened my SOS tasks all had to do with fortresses. That was nice. 

Had a good day. Saw a Hargrid. Potioned up and got him and the london 5 memo I needed for the past 3 days. 

The event page can not be prestiged. 

Here is my tree. I spent 12 Restricted Books. I need scrolls now to maximize stamina.

In the fourth column the square highlighted at the bottom of my tree needs four Restricted Books to get to 2/3. So, my tree is only good for scrolls now. I need scrolls.
I think Im similar. Did the deterioration hex stuff after you posted that link. Even though they nerfed it. My next thing im going to work on is my offense. It would be great to start with 3 focus though. Maybe next event I go that route. 

Well, i finished the event earlier today. 

Took the kids to a trampoline place and there was a fortress there. Just so happened my SOS tasks all had to do with fortresses. That was nice. 

Had a good day. Saw a Hargrid. Potioned up and got him and the london 5 memo I needed for the past 3 days. 

The event page can not be prestiged. 
I've been spending most of my time in fortresses. I'm level 19.5 in the Challenge section and I have 14 rune stones only. My SOS needs Pixie wings and I must have done 10 challenges and only got 1 (need 2). Ugh!

Anyone here finished with their mysteries registry. 

I need two more pieces of Grims work and I’ll be done

just wondering what comes next. Can’t prestige the pages

and FWIW, I don’t think it was him. Or maybe it was, but not intentional. 

Wonder thru our work with SOS if we can get the London 5 back eventually. 

AcerFC said:
Anyone here finished with their mysteries registry. 

I need two more pieces of Grims work and I’ll be done

just wondering what comes next. Can’t prestige the pages

and FWIW, I don’t think it was him. Or maybe it was, but not intentional. 

Wonder thru our work with SOS if we can get the London 5 back eventually. 
I’ll answer this since I did it this morning. Nothing happens. 

@Mario Kart

what is a fire confoundable. I got the two pixie wings and the two hogwarts house ones. 

The only thing I can think of is that graphorn with the fire around it. But those aren’t exactly popping up everywhere

@Mario Kart

what is a fire confoundable. I got the two pixie wings and the two hogwarts house ones. 

The only thing I can think of is that graphorn with the fire around it. But those aren’t exactly popping up everywhere
The two I got were from the troll inside a box (like a Jack-in-the-box). He's in the Wonders of the Wizarding World in the registry. A blue like star.

The other fire I saw was in the Magizoology on the first page, a Young Graphorn (big thing on the left). I believe that what it was.

I have to get to the one green house tomorrow about 7pm. I planted a leaping toadstool and maxed out the production using 50 energy. I'll get 9 of those toadstools... you need those to brew the brain elixir and that is the only thing they are used for.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the SOS? Not sure if I've had that one but what level are you fighting at? Level 5 maybe?
Yes. SOS. I am a level 5 professor. I usually hang in the level 4 of the fortress. Gives 560xp on buffario while level 5 gives 580 with tougher foes. Got a bunch of pixies in 4, but only 1 formidable. 

Yes. SOS. I am a level 5 professor. I usually hang in the level 4 of the fortress. Gives 560xp on buffario while level 5 gives 580 with tougher foes. Got a bunch of pixies in 4, but only 1 formidable. 
I've only fought once on level 6, so I can fight on level 7 but haven't. Used many healing potions when I did the level 6. I need to max out stamina and, possibly, power before going further unless I have ~20 healing potions to fight. Could the pixies be determine based on what rune stone you use?

I've only fought once on level 6, so I can fight on level 7 but haven't. Used many healing potions when I did the level 6. I need to max out stamina and, possibly, power before going further unless I have ~20 healing potions to fight. Could the pixies be determine based on what rune stone you use?
Random. 

Up to level 20 now. I have three portkeys waiting to get opened but don't want to waste a brain potion just for those three. Will open tomorrow. No pixies tonight and I think that is a complaint felt by all. That may take a lot of rune stones to open that up.

Walked past a greenhouse tonight and someone planted Leaping Toadstools. They put energy into it up to +4. I added in the next ~20 to bump it to +9 output. Hopefully they are pleasantly surprised tomorrow when they are ready.

I have one flag near me and I have seen two others about a mile away from me. Games, Hogwarts, and Animals but no other flags have I laid eyes on.

I entered the level 9 floor in a fortress. Big mistake. Had to beat 4 level 75 opponents. i beat the first but no way I had time so I just bailed. 

I caught my first Ron as a quidditch player. My big issue is needing 10 more. It is the first one ive seen and Ive been playing since day 1. That might be my biggest gripe with the game. Its not even like i can buy something from the store to move me along in that regard. 

Plus, half the time I find rarer stuff, they leave real quick. 

But I see that stupid Slytherin girl who turns i to a rodent 8 million times a day. I swear that they know I need one fragment of like 5 things to prestige pages but will not let me find it. 

AcerFC said:
I entered the level 9 floor in a fortress. Big mistake. Had to beat 4 level 75 opponents. i beat the first but no way I had time so I just bailed. 

I caught my first Ron as a quidditch player. My big issue is needing 10 more. It is the first one ive seen and Ive been playing since day 1. That might be my biggest gripe with the game. Its not even like i can buy something from the store to move me along in that regard. 

Plus, half the time I find rarer stuff, they leave real quick. 

But I see that stupid Slytherin girl who turns i to a rodent 8 million times a day. I swear that they know I need one fragment of like 5 things to prestige pages but will not let me find it. 
Just have to keep playing and leveling up. I can post an update of my tree but this game isn't meant to be finished in a couple of weeks. I think this aspect is adding to the frustration of some people on reddit... they want to get it done instead of playing every day and building.

I played Final Fantasy 2 and 3 and would spend time building up all my characters instead of going into a battle not prepared. I don't mind grinding things out.

Just have to keep playing and leveling up. I can post an update of my tree but this game isn't meant to be finished in a couple of weeks. I think this aspect is adding to the frustration of some people on reddit... they want to get it done instead of playing every day and building.

I played Final Fantasy 2 and 3 and would spend time building up all my characters instead of going into a battle not prepared. I don't mind grinding things out.
I hear that. But when you need to prestige the page 3 times, it seems like a real slow play. I dont get how they plan to make money. Nothing in Gringotts helps much. I mean, I guess if you have no inns and have to buy spell energy. I bought the starter pack one. Boosted my reserves a bunch and have 800 gold left. 

Im at 20 though and I can see runestones starting to slow down. Maybe buy those also. :shrug:

I think this is where you fought. This guy is level 22 though.

I had a decent night last night. I threw down 6 Dark Detectors, cause the two Inns are near each other, and I saw some new enemies, saw more "rare" enemies that I could defeat, and got ~5-7 artifacts that I didn't have before. I tried Level 7 in the fortress and beat it pretty easy with 5 Heal potions only. Maybe I'll try Level 8 today.
This is exactly where I was. Maybe Ill try it later. But Im not sure I have enough heals. That guy was 300. Im only 280 or something like that. Plus Im still level 5 and my attack is not as strong. 

Used 15 Heal potions on Level 8 of a Fortress. I was two hits away from clearing it and I would have cleared it had it not been for the Formidable Pixie dodging three straight spells. Only benefit from that fight is I defeated one Formidable Pixie. Argh!

Im at 6 of 10 for formidable pixies. Brewed up a bunch of heals. I have 4 strong invigoration draughts and 5 regular ones. Might have to try level 9 again tonight. After I rewatch that guys video. Helps that he is a professor also. 

@Mario Kart

Came very close. I got unlucky. Guy in the video had 4 enemies and one was a pixie. 

I had 5 and 2 were dark arts. I was about 40 seconds from winning. I videoed it for you but cant figure a way to post. Ill keep trying. 

But thanks for posting that video. Totally helped with strategy. 

@Mario Kart

Came very close. I got unlucky. Guy in the video had 4 enemies and one was a pixie. 

I had 5 and 2 were dark arts. I was about 40 seconds from winning. I videoed it for you but cant figure a way to post. Ill keep trying. 

But thanks for posting that video. Totally helped with strategy. 
imgur allows video posting. Have to either post to the page from phone or transfer it to a computer and then upload. No biggie.

AcerFC said:
It only allowed 1 minute. I figured out how to get in on youtube

https://youtu.be/GRVNNRgyq3Q
That was insane. I'm beginning to think walking into Level 8, for me, I should be Level 24 and/or have more power. I need more scrolls, lots more to max out Hex and get some defense up. I have a feeling, until I'm like level 30, Fortress levels won't be something I move up in rapidly. Trying to figure out short cuts but there aren't any, unless, like one guy on reddit I saw,  he is level 45 or something, he spamed rune stones at level 3 or something to get up in levels. It's a grind.

Users who are viewing this thread