What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have a FAAB question (2 Viewers)

need2know

Footballguy
in a 13 team roto league. need a closer. Ginkel available. how much faab out of a 1000 budget? First time in this league i dont know how much they usually bid. should i do 5%, 10%?

I'd let somebody else bid high for Ginkel. Arizona could go with McGough or a committee.

It's a long season and closers will come and go. A lot of fantasy managers spend faab early like it's burning a hole in their pocket and end up losing bids in August and September because of it.

I'd let somebody else bid high for Ginkel. Arizona could go with McGough or a committee.

It's a long season and closers will come and go. A lot of fantasy managers spend faab early like it's burning a hole in their pocket and end up losing bids in August and September because of it.

Thanks for answering. I will put in a semi high bid. But not very high

Is it a Saves only league or is it Saves+Holds? I might look into Abner Uribe or Payamps with the Brewers as cheaper potential options. If it's saves only you should know relatively soon which of the Brewer guys will get the save chances with Williams out.

Is it a Saves only league or is it Saves+Holds? I might look into Abner Uribe or Payamps with the Brewers as cheaper potential options. If it's saves only you should know relatively soon which of the Brewer guys will get the save chances with Williams out.

Saves only. Both those guys are gone. It's a pretty competitive 13 team roto league. I only have Alvarado, duran (il), and leclerac. So I kinda need another rp. I out duran on injured list and have an open spot. Trying to get ginkel or yimi from Toronto

Saves only. Both those guys are gone. It's a pretty competitive 13 team roto league. I only have Alvarado, duran (il), and leclerac. So I kinda need another rp. I out duran on injured list and have an open spot. Trying to get ginkel or yimi from Toronto
Is Griffin Jax or David Robertson available?

Nope

Nope
For a saves only league you guys seem to be gobbling up set up men

Saves only. Both those guys are gone. It's a pretty competitive 13 team roto league. I only have Alvarado, duran (il), and leclerac. So I kinda need another rp. I put duran on injured list and have an open spot. Trying to get ginkel or yimi from Toronto

Nope

i know. its my first time in this league. seems strange. anyways thats why Im thinking about bidding high on ginkel

Saves only. Both those guys are gone. It's a pretty competitive 13 team roto league. I only have Alvarado, duran (il), and leclerac. So I kinda need another rp. I put duran on injured list and have an open spot. Trying to get ginkel or yimi from Toronto

Nope

i know. its my first time in this league. seems strange. anyways thats why Im thinking about bidding high on ginkel
Or just punt saves.

Nope

Or just punt saves.

yeah thats kinda what im already doing
thanks for replying

Nope

Or just punt saves.

No

Although Eephus hit the nail on the head here, I'll expound on this just a bit...
One guy in my league blew 5% of his FAAB budget on Ginkel before the season started. Way, way too much, especially if it's a 5 x 5 league as saves are just 1 category. There will be plenty of relievers available throughout the year and although you'll be hard pressed to find a guy that gets you 30+, you can certainly find one or two later that can get you 15-20, imho.
Also, you mentioned that you are a 13 man league with a ton of relievers already drafted. That's a lot of roster spots being wasted on potential saves. I'm not sure how deep your rosters are, but I'd highly recommend stocking your reserves with every day players that are being overlooked. It may be a whole lot easier to trade for saves later than wasting your FAAB budget on a guy with potential.
Lastly, I never ever punt a category. That said, you don't need to come in first, or second in saves to win a league. You can come in firmly middle of the pack and grab 6-7 points in saves, and gather points in other categories.
Saves and steals are huge FAAB drains as there are owners always chasing these, and they are very easy to target guys that can grab these stats. But again, that's just 20% of potential points. There is seemingly always one owner that runs away with steals or saves - it doesn't matter if you win a category by 1 or 20 or 40, same amount of points. Try to trade if possible from your strength. Save FAAB bucks for a) rookies with massive upside that are being called up or b) replacement starters when guys get injured.
just my :2cents:

Users who are viewing this thread