What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have a Tight End Dilemma! Need Help! PPR 1.5 (1 Viewer)

dfine1966

Footballguy
I had TE injuries and a bye week problems this week. I thought Jordan Akins would be out, but now he's practicing today, but hasn't cleared concussion protocol.
I picked up Cameron Brate to substitute since Noah Fant is most likely out and Hockenson is on the bye.

Do I just start Brate and not worry about it, or drop Brate on Sunday and pickup someone like Rudolph, Arnold or O'Shaughnessy if Akins hasn't cleared protocol by that time?
I would have to drop Brate to get one of the other TE's.

Thanks for the help.

I am not sure what your dilemma is.  You have Akins on IR?  If you think Brate is the best alternative, why not just keep him until you see if Akins is playing (if you like Akins better than Brate)?

Or are you trying to get Akins, Brate, Rudolph, Arnold, and O'Shaughnessy ranked?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure what your dilemma is.  You have Akins on IR?  If you think Brate is the best alternative, why not just keep him until you see if Akins is playing (if you like Akins better than Brate)?

Or are you trying to get Akins, Brate, Rudolph, Arnold, and O'Shaughnessy ranked?
I have Akins and I picked up Brate on Wednesday.  If I start Brate tonight, I can't use Akins at all. Brate would be in the TE spot.  I have an option to pickup another Tight end on Sunday morning before the games start.  I would get a few days to see if Akins can play.  If he can't, I could drop Brate and pickup one of those tight ends that I mentioned.  I think Brate will get a TD tonight.  I'm leaning on starting him.

I have Akins and I picked up Brate on Wednesday.  If I start Brate tonight, I can't use Akins at all. Brate would be in the TE spot.  I have an option to pickup another Tight end on Sunday morning before the games start.  I would get a few days to see if Akins can play.  If he can't, I could drop Brate and pickup one of those tight ends that I mentioned.  I think Brate will get a TD tonight.  I'm leaning on starting him.
I get it now.  I didn't think about TB playing tonight so I didn't realize you had decide right now.  That being said I would hold out for Akins.  I don't think Brate is really any better than all the other Sunday choices and I think Akins is better than all of them.  Akins practiced so he should be good to go for Sunday.  I would take the risk.

Are those the only options? Are guys like Olsen, Sample, or Eifert out there? 

Its possible Brate does something, but its also possible he literally puts up a zero.

If all those guys are gone, I'd probably grit my teeth and go Brate. I find it unlikely Akins plays, but head injuries are always tough to project.

Users who are viewing this thread