What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help with IDP Keepers (1 Viewer)

Hey guys. 2nd year IDP guy here. I need to make my keeper selections for next year soon and was hoping for some advice. I am leaning towards keeping 3 or possibly 4 of these guys (can't keep 5 due to the offensive guys I must keep). I am definitely keeping Vilma & probably Davis. My league awards 2 points for solo tackles, and I think next year it will award partial points for assists. Here's what I have to work with (I wish I would have held onto Thomas Davis a little longer!).

Jonathan Vilma

Andra Davis

Odell Thurman

James Farrior

Kawika Mitchell

Mike Brown

Erik Coleman

Rodney Harrison

Anyway, does Odell Thurman become elite or stay above average? Does Kawika Mitchell get better in year 2 as a starter? Will Rodney Harrison return (late season pick up just in case)?

Thanks for any tips. Also, forgive the user name. I got excited way too early last year.

Without starting requirements, its hard to say ... I will pick all LBs since DBs are easier to find ...

Go with Vilma and Thurman and I would go Mitchell over Davis ...

JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. I have to start 3 LBs and 2 DBs, and there are 2 flex spots. I'm leaning towards not keeping any DBs unless people think Harrison can do what he used to.

Sounds like a plan. By keeping all 4 LBs, I'd have a good defensive nucleus, and the best guy I'd have to cut to do so would be Mushin Muhammed or Nate Burleson. Good to know I'm not the only one who likes those 4 LBs. Thanks for the input guys.

Sounds like a plan. By keeping all 4 LBs, I'd have a good defensive nucleus, and the best guy I'd have to cut to do so would be Mushin Muhammed or Nate Burleson. Good to know I'm not the only one who likes those 4 LBs. Thanks for the input guys.
Not sure what the rest of your roster looks like, but I wouldn't keep Mitchell over Muhammad. You'll already have 3 LBs - and Muhammad is still a good #3/4 WR. Much easier to find a #4 LB. Also - if Burleson goes to Seattle....well, Bobby Engram is 33 years old, but was still able to put up solid numbers there in '05. Plug in Burleson opposite DJax, and he's worthy of a roster spot.

Obviously this is all dependent on your lineup needs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread