What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Home appliance protection plan (1 Viewer)

NutterButter

Footballguy
Dryer (15 years old) crapped out a few months back. Tried repairing it myself but no dice. Been using the laundromat since then. Not a big deal since its just me and I can just do it during work hours. Girlfriend mentioned something that she has through her electric company where she pays a monthly fee ($7.28 for the dryer) for coverage of certain appliances and they'll repair if something breaks. She thinks I could just sign up for this plan, wait the 2 week new sign up period and then be able to get my dryer repaired for just the one month's fee (or maybe a couple of months if it drags out a bit) at which point I could drop the plan. Seems too good to be true that it would work that way. No way in hell I'm getting this fixed for less than 10 bucks. What say the FFA?

I had one through my gas company and it went well however I'm pretty sure the minimum term is 1 year

From my agreement

Coverage Term • The minimum term for Plan coverage is a period of 12 months. • Payments can be made in one payment or monthly installments

I had one through my gas company and it went well however I'm pretty sure the minimum term is 1 year

From my agreement

Coverage Term • The minimum term for Plan coverage is a period of 12 months. • Payments can be made in one payment or monthly installments
Makes more sense. Still seems like a really good deal for non critical appliances if its around $100 for the year. For washer, dryer, stove, dishwasher, I could deal with waiting out the intro period and repair time. Being that the dryer is so old, couldn't sourcing parts be an issue? I have an idea what is wrong, but its a pricey part and I could only find on ebay. If they can't fix, am I still out the $100?

From my agreement

Makes more sense. Still seems like a really good deal for non critical appliances if its around $100 for the year. For washer, dryer, stove, dishwasher, I could deal with waiting out the intro period and repair time. Being that the dryer is so old, couldn't sourcing parts be an issue? I have an idea what is wrong, but its a pricey part and I could only find on ebay. If they can't fix, am I still out the $100?
Sadly the answer is it depends.... They could say it's not covered, they can't get it , or it will be covered etc

Home serve is usually 6 - 12 months before a claim depending on what it is. I think You have to use their contractors also.

If the part is not available or hard to get and the repair price is going to be high, why not buy another? Maybe even a "lightly" used one. Looks like I could get one on FB marketplace for ~$100.

15 years seems like a really good run nowadays and time for a new Dryer.

I thought dryers usually came down to either Belt, thermostats, or dirty/failed moisture sensors. Not much to them. If it’s the control board and thatold, it’s probably more efficient to buy new.

I tore mine apart cleaning and checking all that stuff apart once before figuring out one of the two fuses on the wall box for it was blown, and that was why it would tumble but not get hot. So, take anything I say with a grain of salt (and check the fuse if it’s an electric dryer.)

Users who are viewing this thread