What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homefield scoring advantage (1 Viewer)

Weiner Dog

Footballguy
Preface: I play in an IDP league which awards heavily for pass deflections (among sacks, INT's, etc).

I'm playing my brother's team this week. I had Michael Lewis playing and he had Sheldon Brown playing. We computed the scores this week and Lewis scored 33 points, while Brown scored 24. Anywho...my brother makes the following statement:

"Yeah, I always start Sheldon Brown when he plays at home b/c he always gets additional PD's."

:confused:

This prompted me to do some quick digging...

5 HOME Eagles games: 61 total PD's (12.2 / game)

6 AWAY Eagles games: 22 total PD's (3.6 / game)

YES, I'm using a small sample. YES, I'm only using one team. However, the proof is in the pudding. To take it one step further, the LOWEST amount of PD's for the Eagles at home was 7. The HIGHEST amount of PD's for the Eagles on the road was 7.

Take from this what you will...

...but I know I'll be starting Michael Lewis whenever he plays at home. :thumbup:

wow, thats crazy. maybe this has been discussed before but is this more widespread that just the iggles. i saw something from Norton I think, maybe in EOTG, about Thurman getting stiffed on tackles (but I thought it was actually in Cincy).

I guess that's why Philly mints so many probowlers on D. Last year 3 of the 4 secondary were probowlers. Sure PD's are an unofficially stat, but people see it. The 12 pg for home games is eye popping. That means they would probably have to be knocking down 40% or so of the balls in the air...no way. Maybe the guy tracking in Philly just thinks any incomplete pass with the CB in the area is a PD :loco: .

Last edited by a moderator:
...but I know I'll be starting Michael Lewis whenever he plays at home. :thumbup:
Actually, looks like you may want to start any DB @ Philly, whether they play for the Eagles or not.SF: 4 PD on 29 Philly Pass attempts

OAK: 13-52

SD: 15-54

DAL: 14-34

GB: 14-28

Actually, looks like you may want to start any DB @ Philly, whether they play for the Eagles or not.

SF: 4 PD on 29 Philly Pass attempts

makes sense, the eagles rarely run the ball. that's great news for idper's looking at a DB starting decision...easy one to make when they play philly

Actually, looks like you may want to start any DB @ Philly, whether they play for the Eagles or not.

SF: 4 PD on 29 Philly Pass attempts

makes sense, the eagles rarely run the ball. that's great news for idper's looking at a DB starting decision...easy one to make when they play philly
I agree their preference to air it out leads to some of this. But, what about that GB game? 14 PDs on just 28 attempts? McMahon only had 16 incompletions (12-28). I suppose there could be multiple PDs on one pass and I suppose you could have a PD and a completion if a ball is tipped and caught.Did anyone finish the league-wide analysis yet?

[

Did anyone finish the league-wide analysis yet?

I did this some 3-4 years ago, only with tackles and assist. I can tell you this, it is very time consuming. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread