What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hot Ones (1 Viewer)

Just bought the Hell Fire habanero.  They sell it at some local markets around Detroit. Wikipedia claims it's only 66k scoville; the bottle has it around 200k. Looking forward to trying it with some eggs and hash browns 

Foosball God said:
How hot is that one?  I like a hot sauce that has good flavor and a nip of spice but I'm not into burning my lips off.  That doesn't make for a good eating experience for me.
I had some today.   It's got a kick, but not painful.   Highly recommend.

Mario Kart said:
Do they pay you or is it exposure? Also, which episodes?
 They did not pay me, however they did purchase a bunch of hot sauce from me for their subscriptions. And  The sauce appears on every episode this season, so I believe 12 episodes total. 

bigmarc27 said:
Am I the only person that finds her super f’ing obnoxious?
No. And she's spoken politically enough to have turned plenty of people off.  

They did not pay me, however they did purchase a bunch of hot sauce from me for their subscriptions. And  The sauce appears on every episode this season, so I believe 12 episodes total. 
GB, was thinking of you the other day in the SP. Congratulations! This is awesome news. 

@Hot Sauce Guy Idris Elba threw some shade.
Not at all - he just did the macho thing. A lot of guests come on expecting the early sauces to be challenging. They always regret that early boldness when they get to 7-8-9-10.

There’s more to sauce than heat. Being in the lowest 4 heat with that variety I never expect to blow anyone away. I have much hotter sauces than Year of the Dog. That said, in last week’s live episode, my sauce got Sean Evans to cough, which was pretty crazy. lol

What I liked was that Idris went in for a 2nd bite. Not every guest does that with every wing. That tells me he liked the flavor, which is paramount to me. 

I didn’t see it as shade at all. Just threw down the gauntlet. 

Some guests comment more on flavor. Trevor Noah said it “danced on his tongue like Fred Astaire”, so yeah - different guests treat the experience differently. Idris was looking for fire. He found it eventually. ;)  

Not at all - he just did the macho thing. A lot of guests come on expecting the early sauces to be challenging. They always regret that early boldness when they get to 7-8-9-10.

There’s more to sauce than heat. Being in the lowest 4 heat with that variety I never expect to blow anyone away. I have much hotter sauces than Year of the Dog. That said, in last week’s live episode, my sauce got Sean Evans to cough, which was pretty crazy. lol

What I liked was that Idris went in for a 2nd bite. Not every guest does that with every wing. That tells me he liked the flavor, which is paramount to me. 

I didn’t see it as shade at all. Just threw down the gauntlet. 

Some guests comment more on flavor. Trevor Noah said it “danced on his tongue like Fred Astaire”, so yeah - different guests treat the experience differently. Idris was looking for fire. He found it eventually. ;)  
I hope you use that in your marketing

The show is entertaining. I want to say that up front.

But the interviewer isn't very good. It'd be quite a bit better with someone who is good at interviewing.

I actually think Sean's a very good interviewer. He really does his homework on his guests and makes it feel organic.

Agreed, There's been many a time when he has surprised his guest's with an in depth knowledge of their background.

He's definitely prepared, no question. But he's not conversational at all. Its like he has a list of questions he has to get through, and he doesn't really listen to the answers and follow up on them.

I don't want to be overly critical - because its an entertaining show. I just think the actual interviews could be better. 

He's definitely prepared, no question. But he's not conversational at all. Its like he has a list of questions he has to get through, and he doesn't really listen to the answers and follow up on them.

I don't want to be overly critical - because its an entertaining show. I just think the actual interviews could be better. 
Well it seems like he won an internet Webby  Award for Best Web Personality/Host.

https://www.webbyawards.com/winners/2018/film-video/performance-craft/best-web-personality-host/sean-evans-first-we-feasts-hot-ones/?/

I've only watched a few of these...just introduced to this recently.  I will say, I think he's pretty good early in the interview.  It begins to change as they decide to turn their insides into liquid hot magma.  I don't think there is any doubt he is trying to keep from dying and trying to keep focus on the person he's interviewing.  My :2cents:  

Funny “behind the scenes” story as a sauce maker who is lucky enough to have a sauce in the lineup: 

At my farmers markets for years, about 3-4 customers a market always say, “hey have you seen that show Hot Ones? You should get your stuff on there!”

which always cracked me up, because As a a tiny, relatively unknown brand that seemed like a statistical improbability considering there’s only 6 new sauces a season, for 8 seasons (9 now).

so when I (shockingly) got on with Year of the Dog after it won #1 overall at the 30th ABQ fiery food & BBQ festival/Scovies, I had to promise to not tell anyone. They want the reveal episode to be meaningful. It was about 3 months between conformation that I got on & the “reveal” episode, and meanwhile every farmers market & festival I’d have customers saying “hey have you seen that show Hot Ones? You should get your stuff on there!”

I couldn’t say anything so I’d just give the same answer, “yeah, that’d be great! Leave comments recommending Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, maybe it’ll help!”

then the reveal episode dropped & some of those same customers were like, “man, how long have you known?!” - and I’d tell the truth, “a couple months, but I had to promise to not say anything”. 

Then they’d ask, “who will the celebrities be this season?!”

i’d respond with the truth - “I have no idea. - I’ll find out when you do.” 

And because I didn’t tell them I was on the show, my credibility too a hit - they’d be like “oh suuuuuuuure you don’t know.”

:doh:  

Funny “behind the scenes” story as a sauce maker who is lucky enough to have a sauce in the lineup: 

At my farmers markets for years, about 3-4 customers a market always say, “hey have you seen that show Hot Ones? You should get your stuff on there!”

which always cracked me up, because As a a tiny, relatively unknown brand that seemed like a statistical improbability considering there’s only 6 new sauces a season, for 8 seasons (9 now).

so when I (shockingly) got on with Year of the Dog after it won #1 overall at the 30th ABQ fiery food & BBQ festival/Scovies, I had to promise to not tell anyone. They want the reveal episode to be meaningful. It was about 3 months between conformation that I got on & the “reveal” episode, and meanwhile every farmers market & festival I’d have customers saying “hey have you seen that show Hot Ones? You should get your stuff on there!”

I couldn’t say anything so I’d just give the same answer, “yeah, that’d be great! Leave comments recommending Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, maybe it’ll help!”

then the reveal episode dropped & some of those same customers were like, “man, how long have you known?!” - and I’d tell the truth, “a couple months, but I had to promise to not say anything”. 

Then they’d ask, “who will the celebrities be this season?!”

i’d respond with the truth - “I have no idea. - I’ll find out when you do.” 

And because I didn’t tell them I was on the show, my credibility too a hit - they’d be like “oh suuuuuuuure you don’t know.”

:doh:  
Is there a way to get hold of your sauces all the way over here in Florida?  Do what I can to support my local FBG brethren.  Also, have you ever considered trying to make a "barbalo" sauce?  There was a place in Charlotte (only place I ever saw the flavor) and it was unbelievable.  Place went up with the guy's drug addiction and I've never been able to find it anywhere else.

Is there a way to get hold of your sauces all the way over here in Florida?  Do what I can to support my local FBG brethren.  Also, have you ever considered trying to make a "barbalo" sauce?  There was a place in Charlotte (only place I ever saw the flavor) and it was unbelievable.  Place went up with the guy's drug addiction and I've never been able to find it anywhere else.
Never heard of that style of sauce but I’ll check into it. 🤔 

you can always order from me online - up to 4 bottles ships flat rate, so by maxing out on shipping you get a pretty solid price. I’ve got 9 varieties from mild to xhot up on my website! 

Thanks for the support!  :pickle:

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Never heard of that style of sauce but I’ll check into it. 🤔 

you can always order from me online - up to 4 bottles ships flat rate, so by maxing out on shipping you get a pretty solid price. I’ve got 9 varieties from mild to xhot up on my website! 

Thanks for the support!  :pickle:
 and that URL would be?

I would pay a month's salary for a good barbalo sauce...it's a mix between buffalo and bbq, but it can't be done by simply mixing buffalo and bbq together....I've tried....many times :bag:  

The Commish said:
I think you figured out why others don't have a "Barbalo" sauce. There was some drugs in there. You were eating crack.

I bought 4 sauces. Only tried two so far but the wings I have are already spicy so I didn't get a true sense of the sauce. I need to find some normal wings to try the sauces on.

What do you recommend?  I don't need insane heat.  Was thinking Red Label, El Perro...which others?  What's the flavor of the Thai?  We make pot stickers frequently....would that go well with those?
The Thai Chile Pineapple is savory/sweet balance. Southeast Asian style sauce - great on everything. Highly recommended - it’s the one on hot ones! 

At least you’ll be helping veterans by setting your ### on fire. 
I actually did it a few weeks after my original post.  It was hot for sure but not unbearable.  I am sure an entree-sized portion of this heat level would be a different story but 3 peanuts wasn't enough to create undue distress.

I did little straw end fulls of this stuff in florida  awhile back.

A tiny bit of the second hottest stuff they had made me fall asleep with a swedish fish over my lips.

Just received notification on my Youtube account that the upcoming season final episode guest will be "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

I'm only 23 minutes in and Stone Cold is awesome. Might need to check out his podcast.

He handled that heat like a champ too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread