What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston LB's (1 Viewer)

Voyager

Footballguy
In a dynasty league which LB's would you draft (new to IDP's) and in which order?It looks like a 3-4 with:Wong ILBGreenwood ILBBabin OLBPeek OLBThanks

I agree with your lineup listed above, but don't discount Zeke Moreno. He could slide into the ILB spot next to Greenwood. This would place Wong and Babin at the OLB positions.I would rank the positions as (assuming standard scoring):1. Greenwood2. Wong (as ILB)3. Babin4. Moreno (as ILB)5. Wong (as OLB)6. Peek (as OLB)

As reported for the 2nd time this offseason in the Houston newspapers:Peek - OLBWong - SILBGreenwood - WILBBabin - OLBMoreno is strictly depth at this point. Heck, he couldn't even beat out an OLD Randell Godfrey to start in San Diego last year.

I'm not sure that Peek comes in and wins the starting job, keep your ear to the ground on him. I know a Houston homer that has his doubts. Not what I wanted to hear, since I picked him up as a FA this off season.

couple of notes:Moreno is not listed on the Texans site or ourlads as having signed with the team. I don't think they ever announced the signing even though several news outlets did,If the season started today, Peek would be the ROLB. The Texans have a ton of LBs under contract, but depth is shaky as none have proven to everydown players.

As reported for the 2nd time this offseason in the Houston newspapers:

Peek - OLB

Wong - SILB

Greenwood - WILB

Babin - OLB

Moreno is strictly depth at this point. Heck, he couldn't even beat out an OLD Randell Godfrey to start in San Diego last year.
:X Texans | Moreno to Compete for Inside LB Job - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 3 May 2005 20:08:32 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans LB Zeke Moreno will compete for a starting job as an inside linebacker in the team's 3-4 defensive scheme.

:X

Texans | Moreno to Compete for Inside LB Job - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 3 May 2005 20:08:32 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans LB Zeke Moreno will compete for a starting job as an inside linebacker in the team's 3-4 defensive scheme.
Compete doesnt mean win. They have to say that when they sign people just to give them hope that they will play.

Sorry, Moreno signed for what is basically a veteran minimum contract without risks. He is going to be depth and only depth with some situational value at most. Greenwood and Wong will both be the day 1 starters inside while the Texans get a long look at the youngsters they have drafted fairly high the last couple of years on the outside in Peek and Babin. I think we can put this one to bed now ;)

Sorry, Moreno signed for what is basically a veteran minimum contract without risks. He is going to be depth and only depth with some situational value at most. Greenwood and Wong will both be the day 1 starters inside while the Texans get a long look at the youngsters they have drafted fairly high the last couple of years on the outside in Peek and Babin.

I think we can put this one to bed now ;)
Look...nobody in this thread is saying Moreno will show-up and boot either Greenwood or Wong from the field. Heck, Moreno probably only has a 20% chance (at best) of cracking the starting lineup in '05. It would, however, be foolish to completely ignore Moreno in a deep IDP league. The guy flat-out knows the 3-4. Moreno's contract size has little bearing on his playing potential. For reference...see Sam Cowart, starting MLB for the Vikes. When players return from injury, it's not abnormal for them to "prove" their health on the field in the form of a one-year, rock-bottom deal.

If Moreno were to start, it would not be at the expense of Greenwood or Wong. It would as a replacement for Peek. If/When Peek gets benched, Wong will move outside. This will leave a hole in the middle. Peek was a DE in college who is having a difficult time making the transition to OLB. He's got mad skills but they're just not finding their way onto the field.

As reported for the 2nd time this offseason in the Houston newspapers:

Peek - OLB

Wong - SILB

Greenwood - WILB

Babin - OLB

Moreno is strictly depth at this point. Heck, he couldn't even beat out an OLD Randell Godfrey to start in San Diego last year.
This is important info. I had been unable to find out WHICH ILB positions would be occupied by whom. Putting Greenwood at the WILB spot clarifies things a bit. I assume that means that Greenwood is Sharper and Wong is Foreman.

That's how it looks now Duff. The big ? is Peek. If he can get off to a good start, use his speed to close the sideline off and get a few sacks, he'll stick, and Wong will stay on the inside. If not, wong goes back to the outside, Moreno plays middle and Peek plays ST's.

Users who are viewing this thread