What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston Texans forever - Stefon Diggs acquired. Hot Diggity (2 Viewers)

Not yet decided if I respect that the Texans finally pushed chips in or if I want to scream at Caserio.

It reminds me a tad too much of myself when I get indecisive in fantasy drafts and then rush to trade back up for the other guy I didn’t just select.

The trade value taking is technically mathematically misleading. On paper it is fair, it’s more a question of whether a DE is worth it. Wonder how folks would react if Anderson was 2 and then the trade up was for Stroud instead.

Tomorrow focus needs to be on Center, TE, then CB. Wanted a WR like JSN but might need to grab a possession guy like Hutchinson or gamble on a project like Reed, Palmer, or Ford-Wheaton.

Not yet decided if I respect that the Texans finally pushed chips in or if I want to scream at Caserio.

It reminds me a tad too much of myself when I get indecisive in fantasy drafts and then rush to trade back up for the other guy I didn’t just select.

The trade value taking is technically mathematically misleading. On paper it is fair, it’s more a question of whether a DE is worth it. Wonder how folks would react if Anderson was 2 and then the trade up was for Stroud instead.

Tomorrow focus needs to be on Center, TE, then CB. Wanted a WR like JSN but might need to grab a possession guy like Hutchinson or gamble on a project like Reed, Palmer, or Ford-Wheaton.
I think you have to look at it like they traded up for the QB instead of the DE. If they take the DE at 2 it likely costs more to trade back up for the QB, so they just took him first.

The good: I think the team was at least on the ball on what they wanted to do. You can see it in the little details. They made their pick for Stroud right away and reduced the time that teams could be talking to Arizona to help increase the odds they could get the #3 pick and for as cheap as they might. They took Stroud first which was the right move since it removed other teams that would be competing to move up to #3 if that's what they wanted to do.

They may have gotten some foundational pieces here. There's something to be said for some leaders who can turn the organization around. Sounds like Anderson in particular may be the kind of team leader you can look to on the defense.

The bad: If they suck next year with a rookie QB and a roster that still needs work, that 2024 1st they gave up is their own reportedly. It could itself be a top 5 pick. I'm far more of a trade down guy than a trade up. I would like this much more if it was Cleveland's 1st they gave up and not our own.

I don't quite know if Anderson is going to be a top 5 or 6 NFL pass rusher. I don't hate him there at all and I wouldn't have complained if they took him at 2. I just don't know that what they gave up in trade is worth it for a DE if you don't think he is the next JJ, Von Miller or Miles Garrett. Hopefully he is the next of those.

Maybe a hot take: I think the giving away their pick instead of Cleveland's was a smart move. AFC South is wide open, AFC North isn't. Browns are more likely to finish in last than Houston in my eyes.

Maybe a hot take: I think the giving away their pick instead of Cleveland's was a smart move. AFC South is wide open, AFC North isn't. Browns are more likely to finish in last than Houston in my eyes.

I don’t necessarily disagree, Cleveland is historically dysfunctional and Watson didn’t exactly light it up once he got on the field to end the year. There’s something to be said about betting on yourself too. But brand new coaching staff, first time in the spotlight running things at every level, rookie QB, still missing some key pieces especially on the defensive side. I expect them to be better this year but probably only 6~8 wins with growing pains.

Honestly seems like they got cocky and a little too sure of themselves. SF’s defense has a lot of late round gems, they are probably thinking they can do the same thing for Houston. At least we lead the league in cap space next year to fill a few holes that way. Need a center with one of those 3rds tonight.

Edit: Still having that 2.2 pick for Joey Porter, Jr. at corner tonight would have been nice…

dont like it. gave up way too much imo. and that will be at least a top ten pick they gave up. a great player would have been there at 12.
I would have traded back or just taken anderson at 2. stroud is going to be very average.

It was an exciting night but really just catnip for us fans. The more I think about it the more I hate the Anderson trade. As others have noted giving up that much for anything other than a once in a lifetime defensive talent seems excessive.

Not a Stroud fan either but I get the pick and probably something demanded by McNair. Van Ness at 1.12 and another defensive stud a 2.2 would have been my play plus the lost 1st next year will hurt (see Tunsil). If I was drafting I’d rather have Anderson and Van Ness while picking up a Hooker today. Oh well, just crossing my fingers Caserio didn’t blow these early picks again.

Here's where we are on the Watson trade tally after making moves like we did for Anderson. I took some liberty to exclude the Cleveland 1st next year and just bunch it with the Anderson deal as largely that's how it'll likely shake out with Cleveland and Houston not terribly far from one another.

Cleveland gets:
  • Deshaun Watson, QB
  • Texans' 2024 5th round pick

Houston gets:
  • Kenyon Green, G (trade back for 15, 124, 162, 166)
  • ammo to get John Metchie III, WR (trade up for 68, 108, 124)
  • ammo to get Christian Harris, LB (trade up for 80, 162)
  • ammo to get Thomas Booker, DT (trade up for 166, 207)
  • Will Anderson, LB (trade up for 12, 33, 2024 1, 2024 3)
  • Cleveland's 2023 3rd round pick (73)
  • Cleveland's 2024 4th round pick
So far.....woof.

I get the people who I've heard look at it like...

If they'd made the trade to get a QB instead of a DE would it have been ok? And if you think Anderson was the right pick at #2, didn't they essentially do that then?

However I still can't quite get my head and heart into feeling that way. If you didn't have the #2 pick, then having to pay that to get up from 12 to get a QB sucks but you have to do it (if you think Stroud's a potential franchise QB). But when you had #2, you'd just take Stroud and then use the other picks.

Anderson needs to be better on the team than 3 players, taken at 1.12, 3.2 and next year's 1st, would collectively be.

A take from a different angle: Caserio probably pleased the owner and coach and increased his chances of sticking around. Not saying that's good or bad, just probably it happened. Big splash moves, that along with Demeco's hire will help get the fanbase back. That has to be big from Danger Cal's points of view. Getting an Alabama player that Demeco will love won't hurt his desire to work with Caserio I imagine.

Here's where we are on the Watson trade tally after making moves like we did for Anderson. I took some liberty to exclude the Cleveland 1st next year and just bunch it with the Anderson deal as largely that's how it'll likely shake out with Cleveland and Houston not terribly far from one another.

Cleveland gets:
  • Deshaun Watson, QB

Houston gets:
So far.....woof.
I don't think that's a bad haul really. I mean, drafting Green as high as they did was a bad move at the time, but I also think its entirely possible they could have a better QB than Watson now, and them getting all this for Watson, and saving hundreds of millions of dollars in the process for a controversial player who didn't want to be there seems fine to me.

Cleveland gets:
  • Deshaun Watson, QB

Houston gets:
So far.....woof.
I don't think that's a bad haul really. I mean, drafting Green as high as they did was a bad move at the time, but I also think its entirely possible they could have a better QB than Watson now, and them getting all this for Watson, and saving hundreds of millions of dollars in the process for a controversial player who didn't want to be there seems fine to me.
Fair, though the Green deal and the other moves in 2022 look really poor. Anderson dips into 2023 and 2024, but feels like you can see the tone of aggressiveness at least. I almost can picture last night the conversation was "stop bunting, swing" and it makes the deal a lot more sensible through that lens.

It's a whole different equation to factor in the financials and his desire to be here, etc., but this just flattened out the literal players involved as well.

Cleveland win total is 8.5, Houston is 5.5.

Houston tied w/ Zona for lowest win total. Cleveland smack in middle of the league.

This trade was dumb, dumb, dumb, imo.

*win totas as of 4.15.

Last edited:
Speaking of financials, Houston is going to be at the top of the cap room list next offseason. We're currently at a league high $132m in free space next year, not counting signing rookies (which no one has done yet of course). So there will be some opportunity to fill holes now they've got a QB to build around.

With Tenn drafting Levis should be an interesting AFC South with all the 2023 QBs. Really hope we picked the best one 🤞🏼

Pick 105 to the Eagles

The Texans have traded pick No. 105 to the Eagles for a 2024 third-round pick, source confirms. Nick Caserio fielded calls for both 104 and 105 and traded both. — Brooks Kubena

Pick 104 to the Raiders

The Texans have traded No. 104 and 203 to the Raiders for 109 and 174, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. Houston held 104 and 105, and Nick Caserio said he'd field calls for both. Caserio said last night that "tomorrow more than anything it will be about more repositioning than just trying to do a trade to get some draft capital. I mean, it's really not about that." That was the fourth draft-day trade for the Texans in this cycle, which ties the franchise record they set last year. — Brooks Kubena

I like moving picks for higher, future year picks. Though would be a little happier if it wasn't the Eagles. Assuming they are a conference finalist, only gains about 10 spots probably, most of them leapfrogging some end of 3rd compensatory picks.

With the 109 we took TCU defensive end Dylan Horton.

So draft grades I've seen run the gamut from several A's down to a couple B-, and everything in between. A lot of the segments talking about the draft the Texans got mentions in the positive category, teams that 'won' the draft or made a lot of improvement. I think most of the negatives I saw were related to trading up. Anderson, but others as well.

I think overall I'm pretty happy with the draft even if there's some places I think could have been done better. Went into Thursday morning still unsure who I wanted with #2, and for awhile I'd been leaning towards trading down. Though by the time the draft started I was leaning towards Stroud again, and soon as Young went #1 I was calling at the TV for them to take Stroud. I think what Stroud went through, that guy has to have a huge chip on his shoulder now. With our roster, would we have blamed an early 1st QB if he was less than enthused about the Texans taking him? But the way it went down, I don't know there was another player in the draft that it meant more to him that a team showed faith in him. I think what Stroud went through probably helped build some ties and loyalty to the team. I sure hope so, and I hope that helps with turning around the team and culture.

I do think they overpaid for Will Anderson in that to justify the cost he needs to be an All Pro, multi-time Pro Bowler if he's not a QB. But that said, I also see some other benefits though. The guy is said to be a big time leader of his team. And we need that in spades. Texans need to turn the culture around. Demeco can go a long way there, but he needs guys in the locker room too. If Anderson doesn't end up the next Von Miller or Khalil Mack, yeah we overpaid. But we still might have a lot of organizational benefit if he's just a good pass rusher but provides a lot of leadership and direction. Plus the stuff with Stroud to help there too. So overpaid, though with some possible extra benefits that don't make me feel quite as bad.

I like the two centers we took, especially the ND kid since he can play guard as well and hasn't given up a sack. Even if he doesn't develop into a starter he could still be a benefit as a backup who can play all three inside spots. I like taking multiple swings at a position of need when you can get someone late and have that kind of extra benefit. Though I kind of think trading up for Juice might have been unnecessary. I waffle here, a lot of places had him ranked later. But if they saw a drop off and didn't want to risk it, they had the ammo to go get him.

Which brings me to another point. A lot of picks I was noticing Houston were were taking someone in the analysts top 5 available, or the player was their top defender still available, or they thought he should have gone a round or two earlier. There are so many Texans drafts where those late round picks are just full of guys who look like afterthoughts in the publicly available analyses. I hope it means they ended up with some good value. Not that I want them drafting off TV analysts, but it's good to know they are seeing worthwhile things that others see instead of seeming to take flying leaps.

I really like the looks of Tank in particular. If Metchie is fully recovered, the two of them could really create some matchup pains for other teams, along the lines of when Welker and Edelman were playing together. Having defenders who can cover that kind of elusiveness, plus Tank's speed, could be a nice start on a rebuilt wide receiver corps.

To'oTo'o seems like the kind of later round guy that Demeco was able to turn into a quality starter in San Fran, so interested to see how it turns out.

Getting Anderson and Dylan Horton both was pretty smart given how many older players we have on 1 year contracts at those positions. Now at least we have two guys who have contracts for the foreseeable future. That's a good spot to exercise a 4th round pick I think.

The trade ups in general, a couple I think netted us guys who might have slid, and other times like Juice I'm not sure it was needed. I'm not a fan of using up draft capital just because you have a lot. If that's the case I'd rather trade more picks into future years. I did like getting the extra 3rd for next year to help make up for the Anderson trade, though it isn't likely to be a tremendous jump unless Philly does much worse than expected.

If I was grading it, I'd be in the B+/A- range. Going to call it an A- and acknowledge going with the higher grade is a homer decision. :towelwave:

Been on the road, hadn’t had an opportunity to congratulate you all on getting what I feel is the best QB in the Draft, most NFL ready, most likely to have a decent long term career IMHO

And I didn’t really believe they would get Stroud but he fell to them at No 2, was surprised they got to trade up with AZ, many felt Anderson was the best DL prospect so Houston drafts 2 of the Top players in the country entering the Draft, that’s usually pretty good.

I think you all did as well as you could hope at 2 and 3, had to reinvigorate the fan base a little. I would anticipate mostly positive posts from all of you about your Draft picks and expectations

QB
Alpha-Edge
Left Tackle
Shutdown Cornerback
Dynamic Wide Receiver

That’s the 5 spots you spend the most money, see the biggest returns and must have to be successful these days in the NFL

It would seem like they tried to check off a couple boxes to add with Left Tackle which they already had in Tunsil but the rest of this list needed a lot of work and likely still does

I like Houston's draft and I like Houston's team. Period. If not this season, maybe next, you'll be a bit of a force.

Houston had one of the most bizarre pairs of trades that I've seen.

First they traded 191 to PHI for 230 & 248.
Then they traded 230 & a 2024 6th to BUF for 205 (where they drafted WR Xavier Hutchinson).

So through these two trades they moved down from 191 to 205, while also giving a 2024 6th and getting pick 248.

Just a really straightforwardly bad pair of trades. If you want to trade next year's 6th for a 7th rounder this year (which I don't recommend) you can do better than pick 248 (Baltimore got pick 229 for a 2024 6th), without having to also move down from 191 this year.

The trade with Philly is also pretty bad on its own. It's a really light return for trading down that far, and stands out a lot compared to other draft trades. And Philly proceeded to flip that pick for a 2024 5th which is a much better use of pick 191.

Undrafted free agents:

EDGE Ali Gaye, LSU: Ali Gaye played three seasons at LSU, where he recorded a combined 18.0 tackles for loss and 7.0 sacks. The 2022 campaign marked Gaye's best season, where he recorded a career-best 36 tackles and 2.5 sacks and a pair of force fumbles for the Tigers.

RB Xazavian Valladay, RB Arizona State: Xazavian Valladay played one season at Arizona State, where he rushed for 1,192 yards and 16 touchdowns in 12 games. But before his time with the Sun Devils, Valladay played four seasons at Wyoming.

OL Tyler Beach, OL Wisconsin: Tyler Beach played three seasons at Wisconsin where he appeared in dozen games.

WR Jared Wayne, Pittsburgh

DB Darius Joiner, Duke

OL Dylan Deatherage, Western Michigan

P Joe Doyle, Memphis

WR Jesse Matthews, San Deigo State

So my analysis of the Texans draft goes like this: I think The McNairs wanted to get a franchise QB before 2023, because a rebuild really doesn't officially begin until you have a franchise QB to build around. I think Ryans really wanted a stud defensive player to start building his defense. So Casserio's only real choice was to get Stroud and Anderson. Young and Stroud were the only two QBs in the draft who are ready to start opening day, and Young went to the Panthers. Both Richardson and Levis are projects, though I think Richardson may start pretty quickly because Steichen can design a running "Hurts" style offense to get him comfortable on the field. Casserio had to keep his bosses happy whether these were the best uses of his draft capital on not. If these two players do turn out to be studs, then Casserio will be in a great position going forward. If one or both fail, he will at least have his bosses on board with the decisions he made. He probably will still lose his job if Stroud doesn't pan out, and could lose his job if Anderson is a bust. Casserio will also be immensely helped if Stingley and Green can stay healthy this season and start producing like the 1st round picks they are.

HOUSTON -- The Texans and right guard Shaq Mason have agreed to a three-year, $36 million contract extension, sources confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

KPRC-TV in Houston was first to report the news and is also reporting that Mason, 29, received a $10 million signing bonus.

In March, the Texans acquired Mason from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a 2023 sixth-round draft pick.

Last season, Mason had a 92.7% pass block win rate -- ranking 27th, per ESPN Stats & Information research -- and allowed three sacks.

FWIW whether you believe Danger Cal or not...

HOUSTON -- Texans owner Cal McNair said Monday that neither he nor his wife, Hannah, forced his team's front office to draft Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud.

"Hannah and I don't make the picks. We'll make it clear there," McNair said during the 20th annual Houston Texans Charity Golf Classic. "We have a great group of scouts led by Nick [Caserio] and James Lippert, and they did a lot of work on the draft board, and then they followed that on draft day, and they moved up when they saw the value was there and moved back."

Former Seattle Seahawks and Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Shaquill Griffin -- who signed a three-year, $40 million deal with Jacksonville in 2021 but was released in March -- has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Texans, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Griffin, 27, didn't play at a high level in his two seasons with the Jaguars, and he missed 12 games in 2022 because of a back injury. The team saved $13.15 million by releasing the cornerback.

Griffin was a Pro Bowl selection with the Seattle Seahawks in 2019 but didn't reach that standard of play with the Jaguars. Griffin intercepted six passes in four seasons with the Seahawks but didn't have an interception in 19 games with the Jaguars.

Former Seattle Seahawks and Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Shaquill Griffin -- who signed a three-year, $40 million deal with Jacksonville in 2021 but was released in March -- has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Texans, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Griffin, 27, didn't play at a high level in his two seasons with the Jaguars, and he missed 12 games in 2022 because of a back injury. The team saved $13.15 million by releasing the cornerback.

Griffin was a Pro Bowl selection with the Seattle Seahawks in 2019 but didn't reach that standard of play with the Jaguars. Griffin intercepted six passes in four seasons with the Seahawks but didn't have an interception in 19 games with the Jaguars.

Seems like a nice gamble on a position we have a huge hole at.

Jacob Martin signed to a 1 year deal. He was released by Denver after a season-ending knee injury last year.

Brent Sobleski
@brentsobleski
Texans added plenty:
- CJ Stroud
- Will Anderson
- Devin Singletary
- Robert Woods
- healthy Jon Metchie
- Tank Dell
- Dalton Schultz
- Shaq Mason
- Sheldon Rankins
- Denzel Perryman
- Jimmie Ward
- Shaq Griffin
Watch Demeco Ryans pull that group together & win some games.

Keeping this updated so we can lock it in after the 2024 draft:
Cleveland gets:
  • Deshaun Watson, QB

Houston gets:
  • Dameon Pierce (107)
  • Will Anderson, LB or CJ Stroud, QB (trade up for 12, 33, 2024 1, 2024 3)
  • ammo to get Tank Dell, WR (trade up for 69, 191)
That 6th bullet really is the critical one. Stepping back from the draft, what they did for Anderson feels at least partly for Stroud. If they picked Anderson 1.2, the cost of what they paid for 1.3 is probably higher. It feels entirely possible they thought Anderson was worth 1.2 but knew they wanted both, so it's hard to assess really who to tax the 1.3 trade with. Feels best to credit half of each of them in some respects more than any one particular. With Watson on the other side, almost feels most fair to say it really feels like the tax for Stroud despite Anderson being picked there.

Feels like this trade comes down to whether Green can find his way to solidify his place on the line, one of Metchie or Dell becomes a solid starting WR, and Stroud has to be a franchise starter (not necessarily at Watson's former level if the others hit, but must be at Watson's former level if they don't).

Last edited:
HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans will sign defensive tackle Maliek Collins to a two-year, $23 million extension that includes $20 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Collins had one year remaining on his two-year, $17 million contract that he signed in March 2022.

In two seasons with the Texans, Collins has 66 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, 6 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble and 5 fumble recoveries in 30 games.

ETA: Texans have a huge amount of cap room free next year, most in the league so far, with so many short term contracts. Wouldn't be surprised if it's structured to have most of it hit the cap next year to free the cap room back up after that, as the guys they've been drafting more recently get nearer to extension time.

The Texans have signed No. 3 overall pick Will Anderson Jr. to his rookie deal, the team announced.

Anderson’s deal is four years, $35.2 million, with a fifth-year option, the source confirmed. NFL Network’s Tom Pelisssero reported Anderson will also get a $22.6 million signing bonus.

Here is what I like about HOU:

1) They are almost institutionalized as a bad team in everyones mind.
2) They didn't just secure a franchise icon for HC...but he's been seen as an up-and-comer in the coaching ranks for some time AND he's replacing 2 consecutive majorly uninspired hires.
3) Stroud alone replacing Mills is another jolt of energy. I won't anoint him an impact player off the bat...but I think he's better than Mills Day 1.
4) Am I wrong to think their OL has some serious juice? Tunsil/Green/Mason/Howard?
5) Last year they were forced to overwork Pierce because the depth chart was so barren. Singletary seems like a great compliment.
6) The AFC South seems pretty weak. Yes, JAX seems like a big time up and coming team. But TEN/IND?
7) A defensive core of Will Anderson/Derek Stingley/Jalen Pitre feels like movement in the right direction big time - not to mention Ryan's acumen on that side of the ball.

Are their playmaking weapons uninspiring? Yes...Woods/Metchie/Collins/Schultz/Dell won't be on anyones Top 10 list, but I think this will be a run first team off the bat with Ryans bringing over Slowik from SF as well and maybe the thought is to bring the type of offense to HOU they were clearly planning on in SF last year with Lance.

Is my optimism off base here? I feel like I'm a bit on an island here.

Surprise offseason standouts for 32 NFL teams: Players to watch

AFC SOUTH​

hou.png

Houston Texans

CB Derek Stingley Jr.

Stingley, the No. 3 overall pick in last year's draft, looks physically improved compared to his rookie year. His ability has jumped out consistently throughout the spring. He was drafted one spot ahead of the eventual Defensive Rookie of the Year Sauce Gardner, who was also first-team All-Pro. The comparison between the two won't stop, but if this momentum continues for Stingley, he can have a big year. -- DJ Bien-Aime

The Houston Texans and offensive tackle Tytus Howard have reached an agreement on a three-year, $56 million extension that includes $36.5 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

I guess it's ok but I don't understand the rush to sign him. He isn't a once in a lifetime type player, let him prove himself this year and work for that contract.

So who is the starting RB in Houston and why will they be able to seize control season?

:whistle:
Is it not a lock that Pierce is the starter based on his performance last season?

I haven't followed the Texans closely, I think they added a JAG during free agency and probably drafted a mid round rookie or two.

Who is Pierce's competition?

The reason I clicked this thread was to see if there was any Pierce talk so good timing.

So who is the starting RB in Houston and why will they be able to seize control season?

Is it not a lock that Pierce is the starter based on his performance last season?

I haven't followed the Texans closely, I think they added a JAG during free agency and probably drafted a mid round rookie or two.

The reason I clicked this thread was to see if there was any Pierce talk so good timing.
Unless I hear otherwise, this guy was killing it and making me salty early in the season that I didn't get him.
Injuries cannot be predicted and hope this guy just was unlucky last season but I loved what I saw and I would like to see him with a better QB and offense.
I'm not a bog fan of Houston and I'm not really cheering for them right now, just trying to be honest about the situation and I personally like Stroud a lot more than Young. You add to that another top pick on Defense and it's a matter of time before the team gets better and isn/t picking No 1 overall or No 5 for that matter.

Somebody I think I can build around at RB2 where I typiclly platoon 2-3 RBs and hope 1 of them sticks and maybe 1 more can Flex or fill in on Bye weeks.
Cheers!

Yeah the signed Singletary. I still think this is Pierce's backfield. Maybe a Chubb/Hunt type split between them.

Pierce struggled in pass-pro last year, something that IIRC Singletary is pretty solid at.

Yeah the signed Singletary. I still think this is Pierce's backfield. Maybe a Chubb/Hunt type split between them.

Pierce struggled in pass-pro last year, something that IIRC Singletary is pretty solid at.
I don’t think it’ll be that close personally. My guess is Singletary is there for spelling Pierce and depth.

I also think Houston is more balanced than people think on offense this year. Schultz should be a huge upgrade at TE. Yes the weapons aren’t as exciting as others outside, but they get another 2nd round pick back in Metchie as well and I don’t think the loss of Cooks is as big as some other might suspect. Dell and Stroud apparently are meshing well and Metchie looks explosive.

Titus Howard broken hand. Had surgery. Not a very sure timeline for return, but 5-6 weeks is being discussed as in a frequent range for it though it can vary widely.

Oh thank god, they finally got rid of Spencer Tillman on the preseason broadcasts. I've never heard such a relentless Company Man who tried to spin everything positive.

ND Kalu replacing him. Never heard ND broadcast a game, but enjoyed listening to him on his radio show.

Tank Dell looked pretty good.

Case Keenum looked like the best QB on the roster. Not that I'd do anything other than let CJ start the season and grow. Just saying.

The Cardinals are also sending OT Josh Jones, who had 11 starts last year, and a seventh-round pick in the 2024 draft to the Texans for a fifth-round pick that year.

The deal is pending a physical.

Jones, 26, was drafted in the third round out of the University of Houston in 2020 and has been primarily a backup. He started 12 games in 2021 and nine in 2022.

In 2021, he started the first eight games, when Arizona began the season 7-1, and three of the last four. In 2022, he didn't start a game until Week 8 but finished the season starting the last eight.

Jones was in line to compete for the starting right tackle job this season but then Arizona drafted offensive lineman Paris Johnson with the sixth overall pick. As Johnson continued to emerge as a bona fide starter, Jones' chances of cracking the starting lineup this season continued to shrink.

Punter Cameron Johnston pulled calf muscle, out for awhile. Texans signed Ty Zentner in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread