What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How did I do? (1 Viewer)

Chuckers

Footballguy
This trade was made the week before the draft. Given the change of scenery, I would like thoughts on how I came out:

I sent AJ Brown, Travis Etienne, and the 1.05 pick in 2022 and 

received Christian McCaffrey and Tyreek Hill.

Does the change of scenery for AJ Brown make this trade better, in retrospect? Thanks, football guys people!

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes it better in retrospect as most believe AJ Brown downgraded his situation.  However, Tyreek also downgraded his situation as well so that may end up being a wash in downgradedness.

This is taking a chance on CMC and if that works out you are better in the short term but if not you lose short term and long term in this deal.  

Classic going for it now trade. Seems pretty even to me. So many question marks for each player, the health of CMC and Etienne and the usage of Brown and Hill. 

Absolutely right, SD Johnny. I didn't include my roster details because I wanted answers in a vacuum.

But here is my projected starting lineup in this league (leaving off fliers & long-shots & IDP players):

Josh Allen - start one QB

Dalvin Cook (w Mattison handcuff), Fournette, CMC, D'Andre Swift, RoJo -- start 2 RBs

Tyreek, Justin Jefferson, Mooney, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas, Mike Williams -- start 2 WRs (plus 3 flex)

Hockenson, Brevin Jordan -- start one TE

Absolutely right, SD Johnny. I didn't include my roster details because I wanted answers in a vacuum.

But here is my projected starting lineup in this league (leaving off fliers & long-shots & IDP players):

Josh Allen - start one QB

Dalvin Cook (w Mattison handcuff), Fournette, CMC, D'Andre Swift, RoJo -- start 2 RBs

Tyreek, Justin Jefferson, Mooney, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas, Mike Williams -- start 2 WRs (plus 3 flex)

Hockenson, Brevin Jordan -- start one TE
Seeing this roster I think I lean with keeping Brown/ETN and the pick.  Since you can only start 2 RB's you really don't need the CMC part as that puts Lenny and Swift to the bench and getting older all at the same time.  

It is definitely a short sighted trade playing for the now.  

Gally, 

I also need three flex players and RBs score very well in this particular league.
So you go from a starting lineup of:

• QB - Josh Allen
  • RB - Dalvin Cook,  Fournette
  • WR - Jefferson, Brown
  • Flex - ETN, Swift, ROJO, Thomas, Mooney, Allen Robinson, Mike Williams, Pick 1.05 (pick 3) 
  • TE - Hock
to 

• QB - Josh Allen
  • RB - Cook, CMC 
  • WR - Jefferson, Tyreek
  • Flex -  Fournette, Swift, ROJO, Mooney, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas, Mike Williams 
  • TE - Hockenson

I think it's an overall wash and you are sacrificing the future for the now.  I don't think the incremental upgrade of CMC over the rest of your backs is worth the risk.  I also don't think based on current situations that Tyreek is an appreciable upgrade over Brown.  

I see where you're coming from, but I have had AJB from his first snap until now and he has yet to deliver on his promising profile. 

I break the trade out as Tyreek for AJB as a push given AJB's bad knees and Tyreek's age.

And that leaves Etienne (unproven off a major injury) and the 1.05 for CMC (proven but injured) and he's only 25. And Etienne is 23.

Lastly, you only get three flex spots so in Week 1 it's a comparison of Swift, Mooney and a third from your list VS Fournette, Swift, and Mooney. And Fournette is a much stronger player than anybody on that first list.

Different valuations are what makes trading possible. And I thank you for your input! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread