What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How did Maroney look? (1 Viewer)

jah2707

Footballguy
I didn't get the see the game. Can anyone tell me how Maroney looked? Is he going to be worth anything this year?

He looked like a victim of his team's success. So long as the passing game is unstoppable, he's not going to see 20+ carries.

So long as they're scoring from 35-50 yards out, he's not going to get touchdowns.

When they're not scoring from 50 yards out, they're giving it to Heath Evans.

If you're stuck to relying on him as a starter going forward...looong season.

I tend to disagree. I think the Pats are going to need to establish a stronger running game for the playoff run. He now seems to be healthy, and should see his touches increase. The Pats schedule weeks 15 & 16 are particularly appetizing. I bought low on Maroney and am happy to let him take a seat on my bench until he starts to become more productive.

Looks good on outside runs where he can use his quickness but anything inside he looks tentative and dances too much. I don't think he'll be a 100% feature back for that reason, unless he can start hitting the line with some authority.

I tend to disagree. I think the Pats are going to need to establish a stronger running game for the playoff run. He now seems to be healthy, and should see his touches increase. The Pats schedule weeks 15 & 16 are particularly appetizing. I bought low on Maroney and am happy to let him take a seat on my bench until he starts to become more productive.
i tend to agree. the passing will be lights out until the weather is an issue. that's when they become more selective and work the ground. he might continue to split with morris but still...

It is good to hear he is at least healthy. If he stays that way I think they will have to start giving him the ball at least a little.

Another question I had is.. didn't he catch some balls last year? Why not this year?

Anyone else see the game? It appeared from looking at stats during the game that they opened up a huge lead and then sat him since they did not need him and he was just coming back from injury. Was that the case?

When the weather turns, Tom Brady won't be throwing 6TDs every week...Maroney will get an increased workload...although the Pats running game won't come close to equalling the run production of last season.

It is good to hear he is at least healthy. If he stays that way I think they will have to start giving him the ball at least a little. Another question I had is.. didn't he catch some balls last year? Why not this year?
Hasn't played much but he only caught more than 2 balls in a couple games last year. Faulk is their main receiving back.

Maroney ran hard as always. Count me in as one of his owners hoping the cold and snowy weather will get him more carries

When the weather turns, Tom Brady won't be throwing 6TDs every week...Maroney will get an increased workload...although the Pats running game won't come close to equalling the run production of last season.
Why won't the running game come close to equaling the production of last season? If they commit to the run in the future, why shouldn't it be as effective as before?

Why won't the running game come close to equaling the production of last season? If they commit to the run in the future, why shouldn't it be as effective as before?
Why fix what isn't broken?

Because they have a much better chance of winning it all, or even running the table, if they strike some sort of balance on offense. I know they are lights-out in the passing game, but I think it's a huge supposition to assume that they simply won't run more just because they are so strong passing the ball. And my contention is, what evidence do we have that they won't be as successful running the ball this year as they were last year? Aren't they currently top ten in rushing???

Users who are viewing this thread