What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How did you do? (3 Viewers)

Looks like with 5 games left I am going to have to win out in both leagues and with my lineup management skills that doesn't look good.4-2 and in 5th place in one league and 3-3 in 7th in the other.I don't have a high scoring team(again poor lineup management)in either league so I have to do it with record.This has been fun will do it again next year and with a little luck maybe I make playoffs this year.Good luck everyone.

Between my three leagues Im at .500 but very different from league to league. In league 1, I am 1-5 so at this point wins and losses dont matter for me in that league. In that league, im 7th in points (have lost 3 of my games by less than 2 points) and Im about 20 points out of position for points so Im still very alive on points but have Gates injured at TE. In the second league, im 5-1 and the leader in points at just over 900 despite a not so great week this past week with Austin not doing anything and Floyd injured. Finally, in league 3 I picked up a win to get to 3-3 and moved up from 8th to 6th in points (thanks Jennings and Wallace) so am still alive although not in a great position right now.

I totally forgot this is only 11 weeks for the regular season. Good luck on the home stretch to everyone.

Got a rough week this week with Collie and Clark out, and Shiancoe/Hightower pulling Houdini acts. Lee Evans might get a start against Baltimore :angry:

Lost 152.05 to 158.05, would have beat any other team in the league besides the one I played. The fantasy universe is just evening out for the several other wins so far where I would have lost to the majority of the league I guess.

I totally forgot this is only 11 weeks for the regular season. Good luck on the home stretch to everyone.Got a rough week this week with Collie and Clark out, and Shiancoe/Hightower pulling Houdini acts. Lee Evans might get a start against Baltimore :lmao:
:lmao: One week I could deal with. 2nd half should be an adventure.

Won both games for the first time this season also gained some points which is cool.4 more weeks got to win out good start this week :confused: Also pulled off probably the near impossible by making it another week in subscribers contest turkomatic had only give me a 35% chance of survival.So all in all had a great fantasy week.

Congrats on the wins rusty.

I went 2-1 overall this week.

Team 1: Fell to 1-6 despite being over 900 points so far. Obviously, Im not getting it done on record so only hope is pts but Im down about 120 from making it in that category so a lot of work to do. Hopefully Schaub/AJ light it up over the next 4 weeks so I can sneak in on points but not looking good at all right now.

Team 2: The good news is I climbed to 6-1 and am all alone in the standings and in 1st on points although both by a skinny margin. The bad news is I lost Romo and have Austin on my team so this is not the best of weeks despite a win. Im hoping to find some fire on the waiver wire to replace Romo (if needed).

Team 3: Strung together 2 wins in a row to get back into the chase at 4-3 (1 game back of the leaders after beating the top 2 teams in consecutive weeks) and am 4th in points after being in 8th a couple weeks ago. Rodgers, Jennings, AP and Harvin are really helping the team over the past couple of weeks.

So not too bad outside of team 1 which needs A LOT of help.

Well I lost in one league puts me at 4-4 in that one.In the other I am up by 14 but he has Shuab yet to play so I am not to optimistic if I lose that one I will be at 5-3.So with 3 games left I am probably toast :football: Its been fun though so I will be playing again next year for sure.

I'm in a tailspin. The Moss trade has Welker and Shiancoe in the dumps. Sims-Walker is a coaching nightmare, I've easily lost 100+ potential points just on always guessing wrong with him. I'm relying on bloody Lee Evans! Folk putting up a nada really hurt.

The silver lining is Blount and maybe Tamme (crosses fingers)

I can only hope the point lead I took in the first few weeks sneaks me into the playoffs.

in the same boat sailing down the same river of bad lineup management. i feel like my bench has outscored my starters this season. not hard to do with this lineup: orton, eli, maclin, lee evans, lance moore, gaffney, s.smith car, wells, mathews, mcfadden, sjax, brandon jackson, spiller, hernandez, z.miller

After week 8 Im giving up on team 1 but still have at least a shot with teams 2 and 3.

Team 1: Actually won a game and am up to 2-6. Up to 6th at points but chances are pretty slim unless my players go crazy in these last 3 weeks and I can catch up on points.

Team 2: Was in sole possession of first last week but lost this week in a squeaker. Am now tied for first at 6-2 and am leading in points but by a very close margin. I dont think I can afford to lose in week 9 and with 6 guys on bye its going to be tough.

Team 3: I thought I was out of it three weeks ago but have managed to pull off three in a row to get to 5-3 and am 3rd in points.

I actually managed to squeek out win going against Schaub tonight.I was only up by 14 and managed to win by less than a point.Sure hope all the scores hold up.That puts me at 6-2 tied for 1st with two other teams but would not make the playoffs because of low points.Probably still need to win out :goodposting:

In pretty good shape. Went 1-2 over the weekend, but had a big scoring week in a loss (lost 177-147 - Garrard as starting QB?).

Overall, I would be in the playoffs in all 3 at this moment. I am currently 2nd in points in 2 leagues and 3rd in the other, so I would have 2 #2 seeds (top point getter has the best record) and 1 #4 seed. Records are 5-3, 4-4, and 3-5 (extremely unlucky team).

Feel good coming down the stretch. Lost Clark on 2 teams but added Tamme. Have gotten contributions from WW pickups like Britt and Torain. Bradshaw, McCoy, and Maclin have shown to be every week starters, which has made my teams very strong.

I broke my cardinal rule today which is never change your line up rite before game time.Changed Eli for Brady and R.Brown for Tolbert needless to say I would have won if I had have left line up the same.So now I am 6-3 in that league in 5th place.Won in the other league at 5-4 in that one also in 5th.I am not giving up but it sure doesn't look good.Oh well its been fun,maybe next year.Good luck to everyone else.Hope someone from my league wins it all.Sportsbettingman looks to have a team that could do some damage in championship round.

The 1st place team is completely running away with the regular season record and points with Hillis and a monster WR group. I had a bad week with Gore out and Collie getting knocked out. Will be lucky to stay in the top 100 overall. Still sitting about 70 points ahead in the race for #2 seed with two weeks left. Hoping I can hang on to that for a lock in the big money show. It'll take a miracle to make it through #1 team to win the league.

Spent the last of my money overpaying for Vinitieri and M Bryant to get some nice indoor kickers. Every extra point will matter if I make it into the finalist tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went 1-2 this week with my teams.

Team 1: Clearly my bet on Schaub/Andre Johnson was a huge mistake. The team fell to 2-7 and it looks like my only hope is in the toilet bowl. Technically, Im not out of it being 6th in points but I need some huge games from the combo in the next 2 weeks or toilet bowl here I come.

Team 2: Lost for the second time in a row to fall to 6-3 after playing the top scoring team this week (lost by 70 points despite being at 120). Still 3rd in points and would also qualify in 3rd right now for the playoffs so am hoping to get back on a winning streak in week 10.

Team 3: What a difference four weeks makes. Four weeks ago I was 2-3 and 8th in points and thought I was out of it but have climbed all the way up to 6-3 and am now the leader in points. Week 10 is going to be a tough one with Rodgers and Jennings on bye but am hoping to get my 5th win in a row.

So right now I have one team destined for the toilet bowl and two fighting for the playoffs. Crossing my fingers for week 10.

Another great week with a 3-0 record!

Team 1: Rode huge weeks from Adrian Peterson, Jacob Tamme, Drew Brees, and others for a huge 182 point week. I am now the #2 team in points (5 pts behind the leader) with a 4-5 record. Looks like I may make the playoffs with this team after all (currently #4 seed)

Team 2: Held on for a wild 146-139 win. Favre (finally!), Tamme, and Ronnie Brown carried this team to a W and I barely hung on vs. Aaron Rodgers, Brandon Jackson, and Michael Turner. Now 5-4 and the points leader in the league (#2 seed in the league)

Team 3: This was our best team early on, but it's been dropping in the total points (now #102 - was #66 last week). Bradshaw, Fitzgerald, and Palmer led this team to a W 140-105. Currently the #2 seed in this league (#2 in record - 6-3, #2 in points).

So, 3 teams and 3 potential playoff positions. Very excited! Team #1 was my weakest team, but getting Tamme and having some WR's step up (Dez Bryant, Braylon Edwards) to go with Peterson, Brees, and McFadden has made this one of my better teams. Should be fun down the stretch!

Well its toilet bowl for me.Both teams lost so barring a miracle no way I qualify for playoffs.I think its pretty cool they have the Toilet bowl still a shot to win 650.00.Already looking forward to next year.

I got absolutely housed although putting up a respectable 130ish point week. I should have a 50 point lead or so for #2 seed going into the last regular season game. I'll be crossing my fingers that holds up for the auto-bid. :lmao:

I went 3-0 this week although admittedly some if it was by a stroke of luck.

Team 1: Team is pretty much out of it but I still dont like to go down without a fight. Won this week to get to 3-7 and moved up to 11th in the standings. Im up to 6th in points with a solid 180 point week and I guess if I had a miracle and got 220 points or so next week Id have a shot to sneak into 4th in points.

Team 2: Moved up to 7-3 although admittedly it was by a stroke of luck where the team I was playing didnt set their whole lineup. Im at 4th in points. Im tied with 2 others in first at 7-3 so win and I advance (Im playing one of the other 7-3 teams) while if I lose I may still get in but in 4th rather than 1st,2nd or 3rd place.

Team 3: Won for the fifth time in a row to get to 7-3. I thought going into this week that Id have a tough week but bye week replacements David Garrard and Fred Jackson blew up so I had a very easy win. Im in sole possession of first although a whole bunch of teams are one game behind. I also have a 57 point overall point lead to bank on if I do lose next week. Not bad considering I was 8th in points and at 2-3 just five weeks ago.

Should be fun in the upcoming week and hopefully I can get 2 of the teams in. Best of luck to all of you as well.

nice rookie! I lucked out with Torain out as one of my point competitors got a nice fat 0 monday night. I've got a 90 point lead for the #2 seed. Feeling pretty good about my chances :thumbup: Should be seeing some of you in the Chase!

in a virtual lock (2 points) for the 2 spot and absolutely must avoid the 4 spot in the playoffs. e2a ie the best team ever is in my league crushing at the 1 spot overall and in my league.

Not quite official on my teams but as of right now.

Team 1: As expected headed to the toilet bowl. Maybe my guys can light it up in weeks 14-16 to have a chance at getting something.

Team 2: Didnt need a great performance but got a terrible one to knock me probably into 5th. Still have a small prayer if Floyd lights it up tomorrow but am otherwise headed to the toilet bowl after a great start.

Team 3: High score in the league for the third week in a row and headed into the playoffs as the #1 seed. Hoping my team can keep it up (Rodgers-Jennings connection has been awesome) and that it wont fall pray to a bad week. Not sure yet who I will play but a win next week and at least Ill get something back and of course I have some hopes of the big prize in the championship round.

What a week for all 3 teams to lay an egg...

First team needed a big week to stay in the running for the #4 seed. It scored 108 points. Right now, we need Phillip Rivers and Brandon Lloyd to score less than 32 points. I am not very optimistic on this one.

Second team needed a big week to try and lock up the #2 or #3 seed. It scored 104 points, though I still have Moreno left. Appear to have a firm handle on the #2 seed even with the crappy week.

The third team had a tenuous hold on the #4 seed with a chance at #2. After 106 points, we need 21.5 points from Kyle Orton tonight to secure the #4 seed.

Wow, not how I thought this weekend was going to turn out though I am still cautiously optimistic...

in a virtual lock (2 points) for the 2 spot and absolutely must avoid the 4 spot in the playoffs. e2a ie the best team ever is in my league crushing at the 1 spot overall and in my league.
Funny, I am in the same position! Trying to avoid e2a in the first round...

Finished 7-4 in 4th place but not enough didn't score enough points so I'm done.It was fun though and I will be back next year and there still is the toilet bowl to look forward to.

My second team missed getting in by 2 1/2 points. All I needed was 1 field goal from the Dolphins this week and I would have been fine. Luckily, I have 1 team in as the 1 seed so hopefully I can win the next couple weeks and recoup my investment and then go for the big prize.

Orton failed me (fell 8 points short of a playoff spot) and Rivers lit me up (beat me by 13 points). Only one entry in the grand prize, but it's my best team so I am cautious optimistic about that. My league is tough though, with Enemies 2 All sitting as the #1 seed and we are #2. Should be fun!

The other 2? Hopefully they will be strong contenders in the toilet bowl.

Ugh. Thought I was looking good with the Welker explosion, but that was negated/surpassed by his BJGE, Jets D, and Santonio. Really gonna need Vick to be pedestrian Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain!

My team has Nicks, and injured Gates and BMW and lately an under utilized 1st rd pick in Miles Austin....oh well..

If it were not for Hillis, I would be in the final...

Users who are viewing this thread