What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do I make a trade for an RB (1 Viewer)

Allanmania

Footballguy
I am in a 14 Team PPR League. I currently sit 6-2 top. But I feel like I want an additional RB

My team
QB Jackson, Stroud
RB Etienne, Brian Robinson JR, Henderson and Freeman.
WR, Chase, Lockett, Davis, Shaheed, Hyatt
TE Kittle
K, Elliot
Def Chiefs, Browns

The guys I would like to trade for Bijan, Eckler, Pollard, Kyren Williams. I mean if someone wants to give up Caffrey or Kamara am all ears lol.
Seriously though think the first 4 are my best bet how do I get them. Could I do something with Stroud?

Bijan is 3-5 I have tried before and failed. He has Ridder/Murray at QB and 5 RB's Bijan, Gibbs, Pierce, Spears and Warren

Eckler. guy is 3-5 has Mahomes as QB and his 4 RB's are Ekeler, Akers, Foreman and McKinnon think this would be a hard sell

Pollard, man is 4-4 Hasnt set the world on fire so wondering if this guy might consider trading him off The man has 7 RB's lol Jones, Pollard, White, Chardonnet, Fournette, Johnson and Wilson. With Geno Smith and Minshew as QB's only has 3 WR though in McLaurin, Addison and London. maybe Stroud, Freeman and Shaheed for Pollard

Williams guy is 3-5. Kyren on the IR atm he has Prescott and Hurts at QB and 4 RB's WIlliams, Hall, McLaughlin and Montogmery maybe a hard trade but hoping maybe he would ditch the Injured player?

Interested to hear your wisdom?

No one is giving you any of those RB's without you giving something of good value. Stroud is not good enough for you to do anything because those other teams have ok-ish QB's. You have to give something to get something. Don't try to rip people off or they won't take any trade proposals serious.

A good trade should make both owners kind of uncomfortable. Unless those other owners are stupid, they won't fall for rip off proposals.

I would say good trade candidates on your team may be selling high on Brian Robinson - he's living off TD production but not yardage. Package him with someone else to upgrade RB.

Or something you probably do not want to do. Trade Lamar Jackson - you need to give up something if you want an elite RB. And just live with Stroud.

Many thanks for the info. I only really got into the NFL about June last year and although I joined a random fantasy league last year this year is my first real year playing.

Appreciate the trade advice I understand the premise a bit more now with what you have said above.

Jackson is worth thinking about.

Bijan is 3-5 I have tried before and failed. He has Ridder/Murray at QB and 5 RB's Bijan, Gibbs, Pierce, Spears and Warren
This guy only has two RB's. The other three are essentially useless as starters. Just because he has a quantity of RB's doesn't mean he has extra RB's to move in a trade

Eckler. guy is 3-5 has Mahomes as QB and his 4 RB's are Ekeler, Akers, Foreman and McKinnon think this would be a hard sell
This guy only has 1 RB so there is virtually no way you are getting Ekeler from him.

Trading for RB's is hard and the fact you are in first (assuming this is redraft) will make it even more difficult as nobody will want to improve the team they are trying to chase. It's the burden of the first place team. You will likely have to overpay for any improvement at RB. Likely having to give up Robinson to do so because it seems like any of the teams you have referenced don't have the depth to deal from.

If you really want RB depth I might try and deal for a lottery ticket type guy that will be cheaper but have big upside if there is an injury to two. Guys like Warren, Spears, Mitchell are what I am talking about. You may have better luck with those type guys at a cheaper price.

I would target the Cousins team as he likely needs a QB so he may be the only guy willing to pay up for Stroud.

Thanks Gally, The guy with Cousins at QB in my league also has Stafford and Pickett. Pretty sure they are all injured. However he only has 3 RB's Mattison, Stevenson and Ingram so I dont think a trades possible or that I'm interested tbf.

This guy only has two RB's. The other three are essentially useless as starters. Just because he has a quantity of RB's doesn't mean he has extra RB's to move in a trade

This guy only has 1 RB so there is virtually no way you are getting Ekeler from him.

Trading for RB's is hard and the fact you are in first (assuming this is redraft) will make it even more difficult as nobody will want to improve the team they are trying to chase. It's the burden of the first place team. You will likely have to overpay for any improvement at RB. Likely having to give up Robinson to do so because it seems like any of the teams you have referenced don't have the depth to deal from.

If you really want RB depth I might try and deal for a lottery ticket type guy that will be cheaper but have big upside if there is an injury to two. Guys like Warren, Spears, Mitchell are what I am talking about. You may have better luck with those type guys at a cheaper price.

I would target the Cousins team as he likely needs a QB so he may be the only guy willing to pay up for Stroud.
Oh meant to ask whats a re-draft league? Sorry total newbie

Oh meant to ask whats a re-draft league? Sorry total newbie
I looked it up.. Yes its a redraft league lol :)

Many thanks for the info. I only really got into the NFL about June last year and although I joined a random fantasy league last year this year is my first real year playing.

Appreciate the trade advice I understand the premise a bit more now with what you have said above.

Jackson is worth thinking about.
Run your trade through trade analyzers. This one below can show common trades done for any player in the trade database tab and also analyzes any trades you want and see which side is getting more.

You can try to do trades which benefit your team by a few points or you can even be on the losing side as long as you're getting quality for quantity.

Run your trade through trade analyzers. This one below can show common trades done for any player in the trade database tab and also analyzes any trades you want and see which side is getting more.

You can try to do trades which benefit your team by a few points or you can even be on the losing side as long as you're getting quality for quantity.
I would advise against using trade analyzers unless you know your trade partner uses a specific one for their evaluations. I have never found a trade calculator that is anywhere close to being reasonable and they are so easily manipulated that are a bad crutch to use for your own evaluations.

Trust yourself. That is the best way to be happy about your trades.

Users who are viewing this thread