What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (1 Viewer)

I know everyone hates cutler and it's really the only reason he's so low. He'll likely be the qb on every one of my teams. It's the perfect storm.....awesome receiving talent between forte, Marshall Jeffrey, Holmes, Bennett, great coordinator, and talented qb. Combined the qb's finished as the #3 qb last year. What am I missing?
I think you're missing the fact that cutler might not finish as good on his own as he does when he gets to add in some other guy's production.

in 10 games he got 2600 yds and 19/12 td/int. + 118 rush yds which was about 13th in ppg in my league and he's getting drafted ~qb11/12 along with romo who finished qb7 last year, qb 8 the year before, and adds linehan

over 16 that's about 4160 yds and 31/19 + 190 ryds --- pretty close comp would be roethlisberger who's getting drafted qb16

you could make a case for scheduling pimping his numbers up, but that'd be all it is --- popping up from 13 to romo's 7 wouldn't take much in this bunch, but it doesn't give you much of an edge, either.

putting him in with manning/brees/rodgers based on scheduling seems a little bit of a stretch
You will disappear from this thread after this season.
:coffee:

Not a good night for Cutler haters.
It isn't?? I am not a Cutler hater or anything, but I don't think he played some great game at all tonight.

It's not a good night to be a Brandon Marshall hater
I get that there is a lot of hate for Cutler, and much of it is somewhat justified, but not a great game tonight? That's ludicrous. Helped lead the team back 17 down on the road against one of the better teams in the league. Hard to do much more than that. The 49ers have a great defense and the Bears were in a huge hole. Played lights out after being down huge.

It isn't?? I am not a Cutler hater or anything, but I don't think he played some great game at all tonight.

I get that there is a lot of hate for Cutler, and much of it is somewhat justified, but not a great game tonight? That's ludicrous. Helped lead the team back 17 down on the road against one of the better teams in the league. Hard to do much more than that. The 49ers have a great defense and the Bears were in a huge hole. Played lights out after being down huge.
He played good. BUt his play certainly would have looked different if not for some nice WR play. Just sayin.

He did look good though. But nothing to make me think any different than before.

No turnovers,4 TDs, on the road in SF against SF's defense, down 17-0, gets a helmet buried right in the middle of the "6", then comes back and wins - in prime time - with his best two WRs both gimpy and a RB who rushed for 21 yards (Cutler lead the team in rushing yards with 25.)

Haters, back the #### off.

He played good. BUt his play certainly would have looked different if not for some nice WR play. Just sayin.

He did look good though. But nothing to make me think any different than before.
All Qbs need studs to look good....Did you see how bad Brady looked last year? Manning would look like crap too if he had Hester, Johny Knox, Roy Williams as his WRs instead of Marvin Harrison + Reggie Wayne or Thomas + Welker + Decker + Julius Thomas.....Brees would not be Brees without Colston + Jimmy Graham etc..... any good Qb needs weapons around him and an OL ..... it is a team game

Considering he was missing 2 starting linemen, his slot receiver, and his primary receivers were limited... He played great and made some great throws. It's a wonder how the Bears offense scored, the receivers weren't getting any separation and the running game was held in check for most of the game. I'll agree that the defense stepped it up this game, it'll be interesting to see how they perform going forward.

148.7 passer rating on the road against the team that was in the NFC Championship game the last 3 years, playing on prime time with the opponent opening a new stadium and in a situation where his RB went for 20 rushing yards and with his 2 best WRs hurt and 2 starting OL out for the game ..... keep hating haters....love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love all the chest pounding.

This is nothing new for Cutler...he had a great game against a tough team on the road.

The "hate" comes from that he typically has not consistently done this.

He is just as likely to have a 3 INT game next week as he is to repeat what he did last night.

148.7 passer rating on the road against the team that was in the NFC Championship game the last 3 years, playing on prime time with the opponent opening a new stadium and in a situation where his RB went for 20 rushing yards and with his 2 best WRs hurt and 2 starting OL out for the game ..... keep hating haters....love it!
They new fantasy team thread, when will you start it?

This is nothing new for Cutler...he had a great game against a tough team on the road.

He is just as likely to have a 3 INT game next week as he is to repeat what he did last night.
# of 3 int games by Cutler in 2013 = 1 (out of 11)

# of 3 int games by Cutler in 2012 = 1 (out of 15)

# of 3 int games by Cutler in 2011 = 0

Drew Brees had a 5 int game in 2012 and a 3 int game in 2011 and Brees' surrounding cast was way superior in 2011 and 2012

Rodgers had 2 games of 3 ints in 2008 and one game in 2009 with 3 ints too....and he had way better surrounding cast in 2008 and 2009

This is the first time Cutler actually has the same offense back to back years with some stability at OL and WR....and he performed without his WRs being 100%, 2/5 OL missing on the road in a hostile environment in prime time despite playing from behind thanks to a blocked punt 1 min into the game....

Keep hating!!!

Drew Brees had a 5 int game in 2012 and a 3 int game in 2011 and Brees' surrounding cast was way superior in 2011 and 2012

Rodgers had 2 games of 3 ints in 2008 and one game in 2009 with 3 ints too....and he had way better surrounding cast in 2008 and 2009

This is the first time Cutler actually has the same offense back to back years with some stability at OL and WR....and he performed without his WRs being 100%, 2/5 OL missing on the road in a hostile environment in prime time despite playing from behind thanks to a blocked punt 1 min into the game....

Keep hating!!!
Exaggeration...catch it.

BTW...Cutler can't hold Rodgers or Brees' jock.

You like to make a lot of excuses for him or why it was a great performance...when others have said it was very good.

You seem to be too sensitive.

its ok to admit that Cutler has been an inconsistent player...the facts bear that out.

sho nuff said:
Sweetness_34 said:
sho nuff said:

Keep hating!!!
Exaggeration...catch it.

You like to make a lot of excuses for him or why it was a great performance...when others have said it was very good.

its ok to admit that Cutler has been an inconsistent player...the facts bear that out.
It's ok to admit that you are full of ##### and when you get exposed with facts, you come up with some BS.... lol

sho nuff said:

Cutler is good...and bad. We know this.

sho nuff said:
Sweetness_34 said:
sho nuff said:

Keep hating!!!
Exaggeration...catch it.

Hey Buckwheat he is right.....get your facts straight.

sho nuff said:
Sweetness_34 said:
sho nuff said:

Keep hating!!!
Exaggeration...catch it.

Hey look, it's a Packers fan hating on a Bears player...what's new

sho nuff said:
Sweetness_34 said:
sho nuff said:

Keep hating!!!
Exaggeration...catch it.

It's ok to admit that you are full of ##### and when you get exposed with facts, you come up with some BS.... lol
What is BS about it?

sho nuff said:
Sweetness_34 said:
sho nuff said:

Keep hating!!!
Exaggeration...catch it.

Hey look, it's a Packers fan hating on a Bears player...what's new
How is saying he had a great game...but has been inconsistent in his career hating.

Do you all not like those facts?

Do you think he is likely to repeat this all year? He should against the Jets secondary...but the chest pounding after one good game, coming off of a very bad game is hilarious.

This has nothing to do with him being a Bear. I said for FF purposes...he has upside but I would not have him unless I had him paired with a decent option because of the inconsistency and his history of not finishing seasons.

I know everyone hates cutler and it's really the only reason he's so low. He'll likely be the qb on every one of my teams. It's the perfect storm.....awesome receiving talent between forte, Marshall Jeffrey, Holmes, Bennett, great coordinator, and talented qb. Combined the qb's finished as the #3 qb last year. What am I missing?
I think you're missing the fact that cutler might not finish as good on his own as he does when he gets to add in some other guy's production.

in 10 games he got 2600 yds and 19/12 td/int. + 118 rush yds which was about 13th in ppg in my league and he's getting drafted ~qb11/12 along with romo who finished qb7 last year, qb 8 the year before, and adds linehan

over 16 that's about 4160 yds and 31/19 + 190 ryds --- pretty close comp would be roethlisberger who's getting drafted qb16

you could make a case for scheduling pimping his numbers up, but that'd be all it is --- popping up from 13 to romo's 7 wouldn't take much in this bunch, but it doesn't give you much of an edge, either.

putting him in with manning/brees/rodgers based on scheduling seems a little bit of a stretch
ben at 16 lookin' like pretty good value right now.

Worth every penny that the idiots in the ivory tower paid him. He will NEVER take this team to a championship. Great arm though. Has a real cannon. The rest of his game is cannon fodder and he has cute hair.

As I said...inconsistent Jay Cutler...but it must be because I just hate the Bears right???
Cannot see why you hate the Bears as every time they rotate into the schedule for the Pack it is just another tar and feather fest which I am sure all of Wisconsin and Pack nation enjoys to no end.

As I said...inconsistent Jay Cutler...but it must be because I just hate the Bears right???
Cannot see why you hate the Bears as every time they rotate into the schedule for the Pack it is just another tar and feather fest which I am sure all of Wisconsin and Pack nation enjoys to no end.
That was the excuse from a few when I said Cutler was inconsistent.
Gotcha. Yup any Bear's fan that argues with your point is a knucklehead. Great game today by the Pack well played. It will be a two team race in the NFC north. The Pack and Detroit and the Pack by far have the most consistent QB.

Trestman already came out and said Marshall ran the wrong route. Not on Jay. He tried to force the one throw over the middle and it got knocked up in the air. It's not like he threw it into triple coverage.

That was the excuse from a few when I said Cutler was inconsistent.
Gotcha. Yup any Bear's fan that argues with your point is a knucklehead. Great game today by the Pack well played. It will be a two team race in the NFC north. The Pack and Detroit and the Pack by far have the most consistent QB.
Detroit isn't great either.

Users who are viewing this thread