What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How has politics enriched your life? (1 Viewer)

Terminalxylem

Footballguy
I’d been apolitical most of my life, never voting or even following the news. That worked well for 40 years or so, although I relied a lot on my ignorance creating bliss. Still, my lack of political involvement didn’t noticeably hinder becoming a happy, productive citizen.

Closure of a park changed my exposure, as I worked with local outdoor enthusiasts and advocacy groups to change to law which led to it being closed. Ultimately, the efforts failed, and the whole experience left me a little (more) cynical about the process.

Then came you-know-who, and I voted in my first presidential election. It felt satisfying, and restored some faith in humanity when he was ousted, though it looks like his brand of politics is here to stay.  So I guess I’ll keep voting. But I still see little value in day-to-day political involvement.

Obviously, many of you take politics far more seriously. For you, what benefits do you see in keeping abreast of the news of the day? Beyond fulfilling one’s civic duty to vote, how does political involvement make life better? How has your enthusiasm for politics changed over time?

Obviously, many of you take politics far more seriously. For you, what benefits do you see in keeping abreast of the news of the day? Beyond fulfilling one’s civic duty to vote, how does political involvement make life better? How has your enthusiasm for politics changed over time?

honestly ?

I think I'd rather be Cypher sometimes and be put back into the Matrix of ignorance and not caring about anything but hunting, fishing, friends, family and never about anything much out of my zip code

Of course .... now that I am woke to political world, DC would love nothing more than for me to be kept in ignorance

Trump got me enthusiastic ... well, originally Ross Perot did .... but that a non-politician can dethrone the ones who control us all ? the rebel in me says hell yeah

lately,  the orchestration by both Republicans and Democrats to either completely change elections by infusing all the lies/fake news (Hillary/Russia/Trump) or, how both parties had contingencies set up for the 2020 election in case the votes didn't go their way .... and both parties desperately ignoring some of the most major issues ..... its disheartening that we don't have people working better for US Citizens

Users who are viewing this thread