What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many lineups to use for cash games (1 Viewer)

marytechjane

Footballguy
What is everyone's opinion on how many lineups should be used for cash games? I'm in 15 cash games this week on DK (6 50/50's, 6 Double Ups, 3 H2H). Should I be going with an all or nothing approach and using 1 optimal lineup? Should I be using a little bit of variance? I did read the Lineups Per Week section in the Cracking DK book and I guess I'm just looking for more input/opinions.

For cash games every time I vary from my 1 main lineup it bites me in the ###. Last week was a good example. My main lineup crushed but I felt compelled to put in a 2nd lineup with Prescott (couldn't pass up that great price on a starting QB. Ironically, I originally had Wentz in that spot) and missed the cut line in every contest by a few points. Lesson learned for me. I'll sink or swim with 1 optimal lineup. YMMV.

I will do between 110-130 small dollar contests on DK this week with 90%+ of them being cash games.  I will use 4 total lineups, two for each large slate of games (I don't play the smaller slates).  Lots of crossover between the lineups.

I am running with 2 for the Thursday night slate in FandDuel although 5 of the 9 players are currently the same in both. I will look at Sunday and Draft Kings over the weekend.

44 Cash entries 22 each line-up and 8 GPP all different line-ups.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been struggling with this question myself.  A lot of top DFS players run with 1 optimal lineup.  But I have a hard time understanding why you would want that level of variance...

Seems to me it's better to run with 2 cash lineups as long as you feel high confidence with both lineups.  If you can't create a 2nd cash lineup you love, then go with 1.

That said, this week I am trying 1 cash lineup and 8-10 GPP lineups all different (still setting those)

Last edited by a moderator:
Been following Buzzard's advise and running 3 cash lineups each week. A lot of the same players in each, usually different QB with each one. 

Users who are viewing this thread