What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I get to pick my draft spot this year in a SuperFlex Snake draft. Where is the best spot in this situation? (1 Viewer)

LeftBankHook

Footballguy
OK, I was the "biggest loser" in the playoffs last year in our 10 team league. We have a superflex (which to me equals a 2 QB starting lineup). I've seen some studies in the past that say in a normal draft,  you either want the #1 pick or the #10 pick. The thinking is that in a deep draft, you get picks 10 and 11 vs 1 and 20. 

Am I overthinking this by thinking I should consider taking the 10-spot? In our scoring system, the top guy probably takes McCaffery or Mahomes, but gets the 4th best WR or 10th best QB...maybe the 3rd best TE (Waller).  If you go 10th, you're looking at combinations that probably include QB 5 & 6, the top 2 WRs, Chubb or Kelce. Last year, I drafted 10th (Adams at WR and Dak at QB)--which was great until Dak got killed.

Love to hear thoughts on this--especially if anyone's seen any articles that tested this in a 2QB league.

I hate drafting in the middle so I would be top 2 or bottom 2 in a 10 team draft.  If you have a must have guy then take top 2.  If you don't have a must have then I would go with a bottom 2 pick.  

Bottom line it's all personal preference on how you like to draft.  Some want more time between picks.  Some want back to back picks.  So where do you like to draft and go from there.  

Users who are viewing this thread