What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I need a fix........... (4 Viewers)

I hate this draft slot. Missed out on Graham and the big two backs, then even Matthews didn't fall.

at least my receivers will be hard to beat

I hated mine as well. Thought about going upside down but felt like taking two guys with higher odds of making to second round outweighed taking Nelson or Cobb.

I hated mine as well. Thought about going upside down but felt like taking two guys with higher odds of making to second round outweighed taking Nelson or Cobb.
That's a big reason I went green and colston
And that's what makes this great! I think philly more likely to win you think New Orleans and we pick accordingly.
You'll see from my next pick that I'm not all that confident on New Orleans.

4 picks in and can't be too unhappy. I'm accidentally all-in on the Niners (Kaep, Gore, Crabtree), and even more so on that game (add Lacy), so I'm going to have keeper issues in week 2 if SF loses, unless I want to keep my kicker...

A reminder - there are only 8 rounds in the draft. I couldn't figure out how to delete the ninth round when we changed the lineups

I have to admit, I am a little confused as to how this works...do we draft again next week or is it the week after?

My understanding is that we draft again next week and you can only keep two of the players that you currently have.

My quick view rates the following teams as top half

Broncos, FUBAR, BAMAC and toss-up between me and Sweet Love

My recollection of the future

1) Nobody is eliminated after the first round

2) Next Tuesday, we announce our two keepers

3) Next Wednesday, we have a 6 round draft to supplement the keepers

4) Top four cumulative scoring teams for the first two weeks advance

5) The next Tuesday those four teams announce their two keepers

6) The next Wednesday those four teams have six round draft to supplement

7) Top two teams advance as is

Please discuss to see if the above is correct

My understanding is that we draft again next week and you can only keep two of the players that you currently have.

My quick view rates the following teams as top half

Broncos, FUBAR, BAMAC and toss-up between me and Sweet Love
Hope you're right - my wicked RB duo of Richardson and Woodhead will DOMINATE! I will have two keepers between the Saints/Eagles and either Woodhead or Green. Obviously I'm hoping the Saints and Bengals win.

I had no intention of taking 3 Eagles, just kind of worked out that way.

Foles, Nick PHI QB - 12 Richardson, Trent IND RB - 8 Woodhead, Danny SDC RB - 8 Colston, Marques NOS WR - 7 Green, A.J. CIN WR (Q) - 12 Celek, Brent PHI TE - 12 Henery, Alex PHI PK - 12 Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 4

Believe you are correct sir!

Believe you are correct sir!
Looks right, with the following tweaks.

1. It's up to 2 players, not exactly two. The two keepers are the last two picks of the draft, so there is strategic benefit to keeping even slightly above marginal guys, but no one is forced to keep anyone. This will prevent issues around injuries and increase strategic opportunities.

2. On Tuesday, after announcing keepers, teams will select which pick they want. Highest scoring team gets first shot at a pick, and so on from there.

Here's how FBG rates the teams this week:

Bro1ncos 111.5 Stephen Holloway 107.5 jeaton6 107.0 Sweet Love 105.3 fubar 105.3 bamac 100.1 kardplayer 99.8 Old Mil 86.3 Sad part is, I felt good about my team until I looked at this!

Go Niners!

Bro1ncos 111.5 Stephen Holloway 107.5 jeaton6 107.0 Sweet Love 105.3 fubar 105.3 bamac 100.1 kardplayer 99.8 Old Mil 86.3 Sad part is, I felt good about my team until I looked at this!

Go Niners!
If it helps make you feel better, I looked at the FBG projections and think this might be their worst work of the year.

Go Niners!
If it helps make you feel better, I looked at the FBG projections and think this might be their worst work of the year.
It does! There is definitely some oddness there...

I will admit, for my WRs, I did go solely off of FBG projections as I started to struggle when determining stats/ability versus projected games in the playoffs...for some reason I did not struggle anywhere else, but I think that is why my projections are in the top half (because my team looks awful). Maybe that is too extreme, but I really am struggling to see how I will end up having any keepers (unless KC wins).

Uh guys, I meant to take Donald Brown instead of Trent... mind if we change that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh guys, I meant to take Donald Brown instead of Trent... mind if we change that?
Is brown a top 25 RB next year (and worth a pick in first 5 rounds next year?) He seems to just be an awesome fit in that offense.

are scores cumulative throughout the playoffs or just for the first two weeks?
My assumption was it is cumulative through first 2 weeks and then just top 2 scores from championships advance to get to finals and then tops in sb wins it. Otherwise we could be in a position where the finals aren't much of a finals (like some anarchy leagues) I assumed it was more like the ssl/wsl/pdsl/mbsl but I'd defer to kard player as I don't really know his thought process.

Nice game by the Colts and I was pulling for the Saints in the night cap. Even though I have the 49ers DST I am hoping for a Packer win tomorrow. Final request is for the Bengals to dispatch San Diego as I went heavy on the Bengals in the playoff contest.

Hope that tomorrow's games are close to as entertaining as today's were.

Can't ask for much more out of today's games. Feel like tomorrow will be like the night you go out after an awesome night... it might be great, but it can never really measure up.

I'm ####ed

Guess I'll keep woodhead and colston.

And have whatever pick you all don't want

Users who are viewing this thread