What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I took over a keeper league team... (1 Viewer)

Who should I keep?

• Nelson Cruz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ichiro Suzuki

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

canuckchieffan

Footballguy
It's a 12 team, 25 man roster, H2H, points based league

Here are the best players from last year:

Hanley Ramirez SS FLA

David Wright 3B NYM

Dan Haren SP ARI

Those three are locks to be kept, so I need three more keepers from the following list:

Kevin Youkilis 1B/3B BOS

Ichiro Suzuki OF SEA

Matt Wieters C BAL

Joakim Soria RP KC

Alexei Ramirez 2B/SS CWS

Nelson Cruz OF TEX

Who should I go with?

(It's also worth noting that I have the 1st pick in the draft)

Scoring for Batting Categories

1B - Singles 2 points

2B - Doubles 3 points

3B - Triples 4 points

AB - At Bats -0.5 points

BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point

CS - Caught Stealing -1 point

E - Errors -1 point

GSHR - Grand Slam Home Runs 4 points

HP - Hit by Pitch 1 point

HR - Home Runs 5 points

KO - Strikeouts (Batter) -0.5 points

R - Runs 1 point

RBI - Runs Batted In 1 point

SB - Stolen Bases 2 points

Scoring for Pitching Categories

B - Balks -1 point

BBI - Walks Issued (Pitchers) -0.5 points

BS - Blown Saves -2 points

CG - Complete Games 5 points

ER - Earned Runs -2 points

HA - Hits Allowed -0.5 points

HB - Hit Batsmen -1 point

INN - Innings 2 points

K - Strikeouts (Pitcher) 0.5 points

L - Losses -1 point

NH - No-Hitters 10 points

QS - Quality Starts 6 points

S - Saves 6 points

SO - Shutouts 5 points

W - Wins 6 points

WP - Wild Pitches -1 point

I'd go Youkilis, Ichiro and Wieters.
Youk and Wieters (Wieters because it's a keeper) for sure, then I'd strongly consider Cruz in that scoring system. How many 2 pt bases is Ichiro going to need to steal to catch up with the 5 points for each of the 30+ HR's that Cruz will hit? And Cruz could steal 20 himself.Do you have restrictions on how long you can keep players?

Last edited by a moderator:
System gives very little love to closers and the Cuban Missile is looking a little shaky these days, so they're out.

Cruz and Wieters seem like safe choices.

Hard to process that system as it gives points for a lot of things but I like Youk over Ichiro.

Cruz, Wieters, Youk.

You want good starters and high OPS guys in that system. Saves and steals aren't worth as much as they are in most leagues.

So it seems like it is coming down to Cruz or Suzuki.

I have the first pick in the draft so it's possible that I could take Wieters, Youkilis, Suzuki, AND Cruz. But I'm thinking I'm going to need to take the best starting pitcher available with that #1 pick.

I've actually been trying to trade Suzuki and Soria (or Alexei Ramirez) in exchange for a good starter, but no one seems interested.

So it seems like it is coming down to Cruz or Suzuki. I have the first pick in the draft so it's possible that I could take Wieters, Youkilis, Suzuki, AND Cruz. But I'm thinking I'm going to need to take the best starting pitcher available with that #1 pick. I've actually been trying to trade Suzuki and Soria (or Alexei Ramirez) in exchange for a good starter, but no one seems interested.
Are there any teams that might value Cruz/Suzuki/Youk as a keeper in that they'd give you a draft pick (doesn't even have to be a great one) instead of a good starter that they probably also want to keep? That's what I always try to do with my extra keeper type players. With the 1st pick, I'm sure there will be a handful of other choices similar to the one you don't keep (or trade away in this scenario). Anyways, if I had to choose it would be Youk/Cruz/Wieters.

Users who are viewing this thread