What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I Was Wrong about Player _______ (1 Viewer)

I Feel like I missed everything this year. Only 1 finals in 15 money leagues. Worst I've ever done in 30+ years of playing FF. :bag:

I was right on several things, including which big name QB’s would not be worth tier 1 draft picks. But man I missed on dead zone RB’s. Jacobs. Sanders. And more.

I was The Amazing Kreskin this year! My redraft from the 7 spot:

1.07 - WR Justin Jefferson
2.06 - TE Travis Kelce
3.07 - QB Josh Allen
4.06 - WR Jaylen Waddle
5.07 - RB Josh Jacobs
6.06 - WR Amon-Ra St. Brown
7.07 - RB Tony Pollard
8.06 - RB Rhamondre Stevenson
9.07 - RB Kenneth Walker
10.06 - WR Tyler Lockett
11.07 - RB Jamaal Williams
12.06 - WR Zay Jones
13.07 - RB Jerick McKinnon
14.06 - TE Evan Engram
15.07 - PK Brett Maher
16.06 - QB Geno Smith

In all seriousness, the only guys I drafted from above were Pollard & Walker.

Josh Jacobs. Thought McDaniels would employ a platoon of running backs and would be pass happy with Adams, Waller, and Renfrow.

So did 99% of people who cared enough to think about it. Now next year, when everyone hops on the Jacobs train as a high first rounder, McDaniels will go pass happy with Adams, Waller and Renfrow while employing a platoon of RBs.

Last edited:
Dalvin Cook - he wasn't bad, just not very consistent. I'm sure his EOS stats will look ok, and he didn't miss time for once, but far too many single digit games in non-ppr to be worth a 1st
Javonte Williams - yes, I know he got hurt. But their usage of him with Gordon was absolutely stupefying for 4-5 games. Shame we didn't see what could have been.
Kyle Pitts - enough said, cut him around week 6 and picked up Schultz

Kyle Pitts.

Aside from the injury, he just didn't justify the sky high hopes I had.
As with this past offseason, Pitts is probably going to be among the most polarizing players this coming offseason.

Pitts supporters will probably point to weak QB play, a very run heavy offensive scheme, and an emerging WR talent in Drake London to siphon off targets. Detractors will probably point to the fact that if he's truly a supreme talent, he would perform regardless of the QB/offensive scheme. IMO the truth is probably somewhere in between and one has to expect better QB production next year. But my concern is that he just didn't have a handful of below-average weeks, but was practically non-existent all year - even early on when London was first getting acclimated to the pro game.

Derrick Henry - All the indicators were that he was on the decline. High usage, deteriorating YPC, etc. Then he just kept on rolling. What's crazy is that he did all this on one of the league's worst offenses. One of these years I'll be right. But who know how to predict that.

Jonathan Taylor - He was my clear number one. He was the previous year number one back on a middle level offense. I figured with Matt Ryan, it was at least a side-grade so being able to repeat a top 5 season was likely. Still not sure what happened in Indy and what was so different this year vs. last year to make it all fall apart there.

Kyle Pitts
I'm still convinced he could be an unstoppable talent in the NFL, but I underestimated how bad the Atlanta passing game would be.

Kadarius Toney
When I watched that Dallas game last year, I was certain that he'd be a top 10 WR as soon as this year. But his combination of injuries + what appears to be some personality problems seem to point to a "what could have been" situation for his career.

Jalen Hurts
Hurts was so awful as a passer last year, I thought he'd end up as just another Mike Vick.

Isaiah Likely
Watching his college tape in the preseason, I thought he'd make an immediate impact on Baltimore - I mean, look at that awful WR corps. Likely might get used a lot more next year, but his lack of participation in this offense tells me the guy has a lot of learning to do.

Mike Evans
I drafted him as my #1 WR this season, and as we all know, that didn't work out well. Still like the talent, but I did not see this O-line being this bad all year. Brady had no time to throw, which neutralized Evans.

Allen Robinson was by far my biggest miss. I was all in in him being a top 10 WR and even took him as my WR1 a couple times going RB heavy (CMC/Barkley/Javonte in one league). Big miss for sure.

Kyle Pitts was a "everyone thinks he can't miss" and last year was still good even with a slight disappointment stink from expectations. I didn't like his situation but figured last year would be the floor so took the plunge (also because I figured A-Rob would make up for my lack of top end WR's .....ooops). Big miss co.pounded by A-Rob crashing as well

On one end of the spectrum I overestimated Allen Robinson. I realize Stafford struggled,got injured and The Rams O-line was a mess,but Kupp still put up quality numbers before being injured.

On the other end of the spectrum I underestimated Daniel Jones. He finally got good coaching around him and is figuring things out. If he gets a legit number #1 receiver and The Giants continue to improve their O-line,assuming he stays with them,he's a fantasy diamond going forward.

Read too much Waldman stuff this year. Amazing I made the playoffs with Thomas, Dobbins, and Carr. Was extremely fortunately to drop from the early 2nd to late 2nd and get Chubb to pair with Diggs. That covered a a lot of mistakes.

Ouch, that is painful to read from Waldman.

I thought Aaron Rodgers would over achieve this season.

And he probably did.

:ptts:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread