What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Identify my rash (1 Viewer)

Ah, chiggers. So many memories from my childhood. We spent a lot of the summer in the woods behind our house and it must have been the world's chigger epicenter.

This was late 70s/early 80s, when it was commonly believed that chiggers burrowed under the skin and lived there or laid their eggs under the skin and that is what caused the rash. The treatment was to smother them by applying clear nail polish and letting it dry.
Yea….thats scabies. The wife and I got them during Covid. Hiking through heavy brush that no one in their right mind would hike through. But hey, Covid. We were hella bored.

Im incredibly allergic to poison ivy but regular soap works fine as long as I wash very thoroughly within a few hours on contact.

If you manage to miss washing off some of the oil, you can effectively limit the rash to a day or two by resisting to scratch it.

The key to that is HOT water. As hot as you can hanldle. Not only is it (AmAZeB@11Z) euphoric as somebody up thread mentioned, it causes the itch to go away for a few minutes at minimum and sometimes longer.

Users who are viewing this thread