What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP is now beyond the mid level subscription paywall? WTH (1 Viewer)

gitmo

Footballguy
IDP content has always been included with a Pro level subscription. This year, I went to read the "eyes of the guru" and it tells me my Pro plan isnt good enough? I have to upgrade? what is the almost $50 dollars I'm spending get me then? This is BS and I will be cancelling all my subscriptions from thsi bait and switch company

It was discussed a lot on the boards a couple months ago. Essentially FBG included the draft dominator app as part of the subscription (which used to be a separate cost). That price went into the overall subscription cost.

On the bright side, so far the IDP content has been noticeably better than in years past.

It was discussed a lot on the boards a couple months ago. Essentially FBG included the draft dominator app as part of the subscription (which used to be a separate cost). That price went into the overall subscription cost.

On the bright side, so far the IDP content has been noticeably better than in years past.
Yet on Draft dominator do they even update projected IDP stats? They dont seem to in League Dominator!!

I was lucky enough to have paid way early and get all the IDP stuff. Seriously thinking about retiring from fantasy football after this season. Only in one league after doing two for many years. And am in a relashionship with a wayyyy younger woman. Having time to even think about fantasy football could be difficult.

Last edited:
So basically they're promoting that the price went down, when in actuality, the amount of product you can get for that price is what went down. If you want the same thing the price has gone up. And not a small amount either. $48 to $70 is huge. I don't want all the crap that comes with Elite, I just wanted IDP. And I don't believe that their IDP content has been getting better the last few years. To me, it appears to have gotten worse. I put that down to COVID but this year will be the deciding one for my future with this company. Since Dodds left, Joe has been on a money grabbing tear, quality diminishing power trip.

Our IDP content has been expanded to a large extent this year. Many new staff have been added. It’s much more of a focal point and will continue to be.

IDP projections are constantly updated and we have 3 sets now plus the consensus to use.

Our IDP content has been expanded to a large extent this year. Many new staff have been added. It’s much more of a focal point and will continue to be.

IDP projections are constantly updated and we have 3 sets now plus the consensus to use.

Really? There's no Staff page like there used to be so we as consumers have no way to know who you hired. Last year the things I used cost me $40. This year it's $70. You're telling me there's 30 more bucks of content? We'll see but I'm leaning towards the doubtful side of things. Raising the basic subscription to $48 was acceptable. Putting IDP above that plan was a pure money grab.

Really? There's no Staff page like there used to be so we as consumers have no way to know who you hired. Last year the things I used cost me $40. This year it's $70. You're telling me there's 30 more bucks of content? We'll see but I'm leaning towards the doubtful side of things. Raising the basic subscription to $48 was acceptable. Putting IDP above that plan was a pure money grab.
As has been discussed a lot, the high increase is because the DD app was included in the subscription this year where in years past it was a separate item to purchase. That cost was $15-ish (If I remember correctly). So it's not just content that is raising the price. The management decided to consolidate and include the DD even if that wasn't something you normally used. Lot's of discussion over the pros and cons of this decision in various threads.

As has been discussed a lot, the high increase is because the DD app was included in the subscription this year where in years past it was a separate item to purchase. That cost was $15-ish (If I remember correctly). So it's not just content that is raising the price. The management decided to consolidate and include the DD even if that wasn't something you normally used. Lot's of discussion o

This is why i have not renewed my subscription...just too expensive now and the DD app is not something i use so it would be a waste of money for me.

Edit: I obviously missed all the various discussions re: this ;).

Last edited:
FBGs IDP content is terrible now since Bramel left, Norton and Rudnicki are the only ones worth listenening too, the content is nothing compared to what it used to be

FBGs IDP content is terrible now since Bramel left, Norton and Rudnicki are the only ones worth listenening too, the content is nothing compared to what it used to be
Would not have disagreed the last couple seasons... and while you and are in agreement re: Bramel (he was quietly the star, despite the frequent promotion of 'the Guru'), I would also encourage you to dig in deeper this year if you still have the subscription. I was one of the guys lamenting the lack of IDP content the last couple years (I've blamed the DFS emphasis for it, right or wrong) and asking Joe to re-consider supporting the small, but loyal IDP customer base.

There is a clear renewed emphasis on IDP this season. Adding Gary Davenport, more IDP articles and rankings (dynasty and otherwise). I will always miss Jene... he is irreplaceable. But they've made a clear effort to improve their IDP coverage this year and it shows already.

Last edited:
The issue with new pricing and content and why I think so many are finding it difficult to digest. Just my 1 cent.....

Many years ago the IDP content was plentiful and well worth the money even if all you cared about was IDP info. The sub price was easy to swallow. The IDP forum was booming and everyone loved it and got involved. Through the years, there seemed to be less content or care towards the IDP community. The IDP forums began to dwindle with activity. I saw it almost vanish at one point, like a ghost town. Many of the subscribers that were here for IDP as well as normal content continued to pay for their subs every year and found that less content/higher prices is not something they want to continue doing but do it anyway. Its tough to cut the cord when you rely on your favorite place to provide you with the best bang for your buck every season.

FBG has always been the best place for me and I have been here a very long time. But, I also have felt like I have just not been seeing the best of what used to be. I can see it in the rear-view mirror, It hasnt vanished from view yet but every year it seems to get further away. Still, the price goes up yearly and we pay because its still the best.

Fast forward to present time. You cannot raise prices and have long time subscribers fork over almost double what they were paying and make promises without showing them first. If I pay for the service (and the normal slight increase) and see the improvement that is now there, I would have zero issues with paying the much higher price and continue to sub every year. I am sure I am not alone in thinking this way.

There should be no argument as to what fantasy football website has the best of the best when it comes to IDP knowledge. John Norton and Aaron Rudnicki have always been at the top of my list (and mostly everyone's list) They seem to have more help this season and that is great. I just wish they put out the new and improved content with the same price tag as they have been so customers can see it, love it and continue to be subscribers. If it was done that way and then a large increase, you would have the majority of customers happy with little complaint.

The issue with new pricing and content and why I think so many are finding it difficult to digest. Just my 1 cent.....

Many years ago the IDP content was plentiful and well worth the money even if all you cared about was IDP info. The sub price was easy to swallow. The IDP forum was booming and everyone loved it and got involved. Through the years, there seemed to be less content or care towards the IDP community. The IDP forums began to dwindle with activity. I saw it almost vanish at one point, like a ghost town. Many of the subscribers that were here for IDP as well as normal content continued to pay for their subs every year and found that less content/higher prices is not something they want to continue doing but do it anyway. Its tough to cut the cord when you rely on your favorite place to provide you with the best bang for your buck every season.

FBG has always been the best place for me and I have been here a very long time. But, I also have felt like I have just not been seeing the best of what used to be. I can see it in the rear-view mirror, It hasnt vanished from view yet but every year it seems to get further away. Still, the price goes up yearly and we pay because its still the best.

Fast forward to present time. You cannot raise prices and have long time subscribers fork over almost double what they were paying and make promises without showing them first. If I pay for the service (and the normal slight increase) and see the improvement that is now there, I would have zero issues with paying the much higher price and continue to sub every year. I am sure I am not alone in thinking this way.

There should be no argument as to what fantasy football website has the best of the best when it comes to IDP knowledge. John Norton and Aaron Rudnicki have always been at the top of my list (and mostly everyone's list) They seem to have more help this season and that is great. I just wish they put out the new and improved content with the same price tag as they have been so customers can see it, love it and continue to be subscribers. If it was done that way and then a large increase, you would have the majority of customers happy with little complaint.
A valid point that you and others have made. You'll get no argument from me.

The main disconnect I'm hearing is the FBG's concept that adding the draft dominator cost to the premium subscription would be welcomed by most. And while I'm not privy to their subscriber breakdown/preferences, it certainly appears that it was not. Apparently the assumption was many used the DD already (or would be interested in doing so under this format) and an all-in-one option would be of benefit. Of course you can also see where by putting the DD into the premium subscription it is a built-in excuse for the significant price hike and cause guys to pay for the DD who otherwise would have not have (I'm sure this was baked into the thinking as well). I guess they figure if they give you the option for a less expensive subscription they are covering you either way. I get the DD in the premium subscription but maybe the compromise would be to include IDP coverage in the basic subscription?

Thankful for the increased emphasis on IDP coverage. It does feel closer to how things used to be, so far. Hopefully they take a look at guys concerns regarding the new subscription format and either include IDP coverage in the basic subscription... or maybe provide a middle ground with an upgraded option that doesn't include the DD and the associated additional cost.

Its not the DD that is an issue. But I do NOT need DFS, Best Ball and whatever else they included in the Elite package. I'm waiting for the first couple weeks to see if their IDP projections are any better than the last couple years and if their not then $70 is just too much. The exact same stuff I used in years pass was put into a higher package and bundled with crap I don't use. Put a price on everything you offer and let us pick and choose to create our own package. But right now, my choice is not leaning towards keeping this subscription.

Yet on Draft dominator do they even update projected IDP stats? They dont seem to in League Dominator!!
Week 1 projections are in the app.

I have one deep dynasty league that uses IDP and this was always my source of info for it but I can't justify spending an extra $30 for IDP content when I'm using it for a free league. I was fine paying for it along with the other stuff as I could use the tools in my money leagues.

Would not have disagreed the last couple seasons... and while you and are in agreement re: Bramel (he was quietly the star, despite the frequent promotion of 'the Guru'), I would also encourage you to dig in deeper this year if you still have the subscription. I was one of the guys lamenting the lack of IDP content the last couple years (I've blamed the DFS emphasis for it, right or wrong) and asking Joe to re-consider supporting the small, but loyal IDP customer base.

There is a clear renewed emphasis on IDP this season. Adding Gary Davenport, more IDP articles and rankings (dynasty and otherwise). I will always miss Jene... he is irreplaceable. But they've made a clear effort to improve their IDP coverage this year and it shows already.
Hey JGB..It's buck56 from the old days..dam I miss those leagues we use to do w/ Jene, Aaron ,Norton..those were the days..I do have a subscription w/ a buddy..hence the new name..i'll look things over more but i'v been greatly disappointed in the IDP content in here for years...I even quit posting so I hoping your right.

Hey JGB..It's buck56 from the old days..dam I miss those leagues we use to do w/ Jene, Aaron ,Norton..those were the days..I do have a subscription w/ a buddy..hence the new name..i'll look things over more but i'v been greatly disappointed in the IDP content in here for years...I even quit posting so I hoping your right.
Thanks for letting me know Buck! Welcome back my friend! Great to cross paths again, sincerely. I miss seeing the running deer in your logo.

Those leagues were the best. You talk about serious competition. I was fortunate enough to win one... god only knows how swimming in those shark infested waters. If I remember correctly, you and I had back-to-back picks in one and you complained that I kept picking guys you wanted. Confirmed to me I was doing something right.

You and I are in agreement on the state of IDP coverage on FBG's the last couple years. For me the beginning coincided with the rise of DFS... and then Bramel's departure was a huge blow. We both know the value the IDP forum used to have. The traffic dwarfed where it stands now. Even the staff writers (Bramel, Rudnicki, Bloom and others) frequented the IDP forum then.

I think Tick can vouch that the IDP dynasty rankings/content is already better... he has been calling for more staff engagement and frequency in the dynasty rankings for years. I've already noticed better quality and more IDP articles. And I think the addition of Gary Davenport is an example of the renewed commitment.

Last edited:
As has been discussed a lot, the high increase is because the DD app was included in the subscription this year where in years past it was a separate item to purchase. That cost was $15-ish (If I remember correctly). So it's not just content that is raising the price. The management decided to consolidate and include the DD even if that wasn't something you normally used. Lot's of discussion over the pros and cons of this decision in various threads.
I love it when people give me **** I don't want and charge me for it.

Users who are viewing this thread