What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP - Only my second season - advice appreciated (1 Viewer)

Mauler16

Footballguy
Sharks - help me out with my weaknesses. I am uncertain about the Texan safety situation? Does CC Brown establish himself enough to keep Glenn off the field? Who will prove to be the best Free Agent value plays? etc.....?????Here are a few Free Agents I have my eye on - anyone of these better than what I drafted - also our Keeper situation changes for 2006 as we can keep 2 offensive players, 1 defensive player, and 1 Rookie (Off or Def):Tyler BraytonLofa TatupuColby BockholdtChanning CrowderBradie JamesLemar MarshallStuart SchweigertNick FergusonNick CollinsWill DempsCC BrownTank WilliamsKen LucasRyan Clark Here is my Defense:Coleman, Rod ATL DTHenderson, John JAC DTHargrove, Tony STL DEUmenyiora, Osi NYG DEDarling, James ARI LBNguyen, Dat DAL LBUlbrich, Jeff SFO LBVilma, Jonathan NYJ LBWatson, Courtney NOS LBWilson, Eugene NEP CBBoulware, Michael SEA SEarl, Glenn HOU SPolamalu, Troy PIT SHere is my offense:Brady, Tom NEP QBLeftwich, Byron JAC QBWarner, Kurt ARI QBAnderson, Mike DEN RBBlaylock, Derrick NYJ RBJones, Kevin DET RBMartin, Curtis NYJ RBTomlinson, Ladainian SDC RBTurner, Michael SDC RBChambers, Chris MIA WRHolt, Torry STL WRKennison, Eddie KCC WRNorthcutt, Dennis CLE WRSmith, Rod DEN WRSmith, Steve CAR WRToomer, Amani NYG WRWilson, Cedrick PIT WRAnderson, Courtney OAK TEKinney, Erron TEN TEPutzier, Jeb DEN TEThanks in advance for the help!

Sharks - help me out with my weaknesses. I am uncertain about the Texan safety situation? Does CC Brown establish himself enough to keep Glenn off the field? Who will prove to be the best Free Agent value plays? etc.....?????

Here are a few Free Agents I have my eye on - anyone of these better than what I drafted - also our Keeper situation changes for 2006 as we can keep 2 offensive players, 1 defensive player, and 1 Rookie (Off or Def):

Tyler Brayton

Lofa Tatupu

Colby Bockholdt

Channing Crowder

Bradie James

Lemar Marshall

Stuart Schweigert

Nick Ferguson

Nick Collins

Will Demps

CC Brown

Tank Williams

Ken Lucas

Ryan Clark

Here is my Defense:

Coleman, Rod ATL DT

Henderson, John JAC DT

Hargrove, Tony STL DE

Umenyiora, Osi NYG DE

Darling, James ARI LB

Nguyen, Dat DAL LB

Ulbrich, Jeff SFO LB

Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB

Watson, Courtney NOS LB

Wilson, Eugene NEP CB

Boulware, Michael SEA S

Earl, Glenn HOU S

Polamalu, Troy PIT S

Here is my offense:

Brady, Tom NEP QB

Leftwich, Byron JAC QB

Warner, Kurt ARI QB

Anderson, Mike DEN RB

Blaylock, Derrick NYJ RB

Jones, Kevin DET RB

Martin, Curtis NYJ RB

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

Turner, Michael SDC RB

Chambers, Chris MIA WR

Holt, Torry STL WR

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR

Northcutt, Dennis CLE WR

Smith, Rod DEN WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Toomer, Amani NYG WR

Wilson, Cedrick PIT WR

Anderson, Courtney OAK TE

Kinney, Erron TEN TE

Putzier, Jeb DEN TE

Thanks in advance for the help!
Tank Williams and Will Demps are much better options than Eugene Wilson and Glenn Earl IMHO. I also like Lemar Marshall beter than Darling or Ulbrich.

<Bump>Any other opinions?Does C. Crowder present significant upside now that he has been named a starter or does Zack still get all the tackles?

I think Zach gets his no problem, but there were a number of people who think he loses his job later this year to Crowder. I don't see how that happens, when Thomas has been their best LB for a while, and I don't see the 3 LB's on the roster right now who are better than Thomas.

I think Zach gets his no problem, but there were a number of people who think he loses his job later this year to Crowder.

I don't see how that happens, when Thomas has been their best LB for a while, and I don't see the 3 LB's on the roster right now who are better than Thomas.
LBsI am a crowder owner and a fins fan and there is just no way that crowder starts over Zach. That is just absurd. However Zach Thomas missed 4 games (i think) last year due to injury and has a hurt ankle right now so there is a very good chance that crowder will see playing time due to a Thomas injury this season.

Definitely dump Darling and probably Ulbrich

I would go after Crowder/Buckwoldt/Marshall to replace

DBs

You have 2 studs but should dump Wilson and Earl and grab Demps and Williams

DLs

You have DLs like mine and I am very nervous about starting Henderson and Coleman but Osi will probably be starting instead of one of them so you are ok. I don't think Brayton is a very good option but you should see if Robert Geathers (sp?) is available as he is a good upside guy and is flying under most radars.

Your D looks pretty solid all in all.

Users who are viewing this thread