What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Opinions Wanted (1 Viewer)

Hey, I'm new to the site and am wanting a little help with your opinions. I inherited someone's terrible keeper league team this year in a league with IDP (my first time with IDP), and I'm currently have two rounds to go in the draft and was wondering what you thought of a few players.Note: In this league I'm in, scoring is pretty standard except that solo tackles are worth 2 points!Who I inherited and kept:Eric Barton (Is he still any good?)James FarriorD.J. WilliamsAdam ArchuletaChamp Bailey (will probably cut once season starts)Sheldon Brown (also will probably cut)Who I've drafted so far:Jonathan VilmaOdell ThurmanMike BrownWe keep 12 total, so I imagine that I'd never keep more than 5 IDP.I think I've done my homework, so let me know who you think the top 3 of this bunch is (who are all still available):Barrett RuudThomas DavisSean TaylorAndra DavisMike BarrowChanning CrowderMorlon GreenwoodLance MitchellIan GoldLemar MarshallCourtney WatsonOrlando HuffNiko KoutouvidesChris ClaiborneThanks. Any input would be greatly appreciated. You guys seem to know your stuff.

Hey, I'm new to the site and am wanting a little help with your opinions. I inherited someone's terrible keeper league team this year in a league with IDP (my first time with IDP), and I'm currently have two rounds to go in the draft and was wondering what you thought of a few players.

Note: In this league I'm in, scoring is pretty standard except that solo tackles are worth 2 points!

Who I inherited and kept:

Eric Barton (Is he still any good?)

James Farrior

D.J. Williams

Adam Archuleta

Champ Bailey (will probably cut once season starts)

Sheldon Brown (also will probably cut)

Who I've drafted so far:

Jonathan Vilma

Odell Thurman

Mike Brown

We keep 12 total, so I imagine that I'd never keep more than 5 IDP.

I think I've done my homework, so let me know who you think the top 3 of this bunch is (who are all still available):

Barrett Ruud

Thomas Davis

Sean Taylor

Andra Davis

Mike Barrow

Channing Crowder

Morlon Greenwood

Lance Mitchell

Ian Gold

Lemar Marshall

Courtney Watson

Orlando Huff

Niko Koutouvides

Chris Claiborne

Thanks. Any input would be greatly appreciated. You guys seem to know your stuff.
Out of this list I like:ADavis - Was a stud 2 seasons ago. Knee injury last year and change of D will have an effect, but he still could be a top 20 LB.

MGreenwood - Avg. LB, but in a great fantasy situation. Playing one of the ILB's in Houston all but guarentees huge tackle numbers. Huge sleeper potential here (top 15 finish possible).

CWatson - A couple OK games last year as a rookie and looks to take off this season. I don't believe he loses his MLB job to Fincher this year. However, even as a WLB in 2006, he still could be a top 30 guy for years to come.

TDavis - Lots of promise, but still has not seen the field. If you want to mix it up, there is nice upside here.

Out of this list I like:

ADavis - Was a stud 2 seasons ago. Knee injury last year and change of D will have an effect, but he still could be a top 20 LB.

MGreenwood - Avg. LB, but in a great fantasy situation. Playing one of the ILB's in Houston all but guarentees huge tackle numbers. Huge sleeper potential here (top 15 finish possible).

CWatson - A couple OK games last year as a rookie and looks to take off this season. I don't believe he loses his MLB job to Fincher this year. However, even as a WLB in 2006, he still could be a top 30 guy for years to come.

TDavis - Lots of promise, but still has not seen the field. If you want to mix it up, there is nice upside here.
:goodposting:

I'd go with:1.) Marlon Greenwood - great situation for a 3-down LB.2.) Thomas Davis - Huge upside potential.3.) Andra Davis/Ian Gold - Flip a coin on this bunch. Both have had serious injuries over the last year or two. I see top 20-25 finishes for both players.4. ) *Sean Taylor* Just missed the top 3 due to legal issues and possible miss games.RAPTURE

Sean Taylor - don't sweat the legal stuff. In all but the deepest leagues you can always find a decent DB off the waiver wire. Take a gamble on his obscene upside and just grab a FA if he ends up in the joint.Chris Claiborne - I grudgingly recommend him. The talent is there and the move MLB in the Rams defense make great upside. The downside is he's gone from underachiever to injury-prone, but at only 26 there's plenty of hope he can still put it all together and his best years are ahead of him.Courntey Wastson or Thomas Davis or Andra Davis - If CLE was still a 4-3, Andra easily makes the top 3. In a 3-4, he's no Ray Lewis. Still, last year was a wash due to injury, he's shown he's a good fb player. Similarly, if he hadn't been injured and then in Haslett's doghouse for a while last year, I'd like Watson better. It seems like he's back in at MLB, and he looked like a player when he started. The last guy covered TD well.

The latest reports out of D.C. say that Barrow's knee is OK. He is running and cutting on it. If he is healthy, and starts (somewhat still a risk, but not what it was) he could rack up a ton of points. Worth a late flyer.

Hey, I'm new to the site and am wanting a little help with your opinions. I inherited someone's terrible keeper league team this year in a league with IDP (my first time with IDP), and I'm currently have two rounds to go in the draft and was wondering what you thought of a few players.

Note: In this league I'm in, scoring is pretty standard except that solo tackles are worth 2 points!

Who I inherited and kept:

Eric Barton (Is he still any good?)

James Farrior

D.J. Williams

Adam Archuleta

Champ Bailey (will probably cut once season starts)

Sheldon Brown (also will probably cut)

I would rank these guys in this order Farrior, D.J Williams, I would dump Archuleta (Goddfantasy player but always hurt) Bailey( the more productive fanatsy option is the Walls the Brtoncos CB on the other side because team tend to avoid baileys side) I would had Parrish of 49ers to that list

Who I've drafted so far:

Jonathan Vilma

Odell Thurman

Mike Brown

Yhurman may be a reach but he has great potential

We keep 12 total, so I imagine that I'd never keep more than 5 IDP.

I think I've done my homework, so let me know who you think the top 3 of this bunch is (who are all still available):

Barrett Ruud

Thomas Davis

Sean Taylor

Andra Davis

Mike Barrow

Channing Crowder

Morlon Greenwood

Lance Mitchell

Ian Gold

Lemar Marshall

Courtney Watson

Orlando Huff

Niko Koutouvides

Chris Claiborne

tope three of these ar Andra Davis, Ian gold, and Thomas davis (If he plays Safety) and Greenwood if Thomas Davis doesn't play safety

Thanks. Any input would be greatly appreciated. You guys seem to know your stuff.

Thanks for the input guys. I drafted Thomas Davis last night. Morlon Greenwood is gone. Any thoughts on Sean Jones? I should be able to get Courtney Watson, Ian Gold, or Andra Davis in the last round.

I'd go with Andra Davis. Gives you a shot at having a few LB's who can post huge stats, plus he's young.

Any thoughts on Sean Jones?
Sean Jones should be a beast in Cleveland. His injury last year plus the fact he was a 2004 draftee has him flying under many folks' radar. I'd say he's worth as much (or more) as any guy you listed in your first post.The FBG sages have him projected as the #8 DB. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread