What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Roundtable: Offseason / Preseason Editions (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Draft Review

We discuss Arthur Brown's ceiling, try to make sense of the second tier of linebackers, debate Ansah and Jordan, talk about how we'd approach the deep safety group and lots more.

We're recording our review of free agent movement, depth chart changes and scheme differences tonight.

:headbang:

Draft Review

We discuss Arthur Brown's ceiling, try to make sense of the second tier of linebackers, debate Ansah and Jordan, talk about how we'd approach the deep safety group and lots more.

We're recording our review of free agent movement, depth chart changes and scheme differences tonight.
thank God! Been waiting for this.

Good stuff, much anticipated and appreciated.

Per Barkevious Mingo. When he met the press he was asked his weight and his reply was 237 lbs. The local wags have been after Chud about how many pounds Keke needs to add but he's begged off the question in a way where it appears that he's probably going to have to add at least a few pounds.

Also it seems from OTAs that the position change will take some time.

Add in Kruger and Sheard as vet starters and it seems likely Mingo's best production is next year. A pretty good idea of where Mingo stands is last year's first round undersized DE from Seattle, Bruce Irvin. Irvin didn't start but played sub pressure packages. He wound up with 10 solos and 7 assists but filled his primary role with 8 sacks.

I'd project low for Mingo his rookie season.

I'm thinking next year he has a shot to make an impact.

So great to have the IDP roundtable back!

I was a bit suprised you guys were down on Alonso - he was one of the guys I was looking to target in upcoming drafts (though I do prefer Bradham), but nice to hear that you are high on Sio Moore - I thin khe's in a good situation there and am hoping his stock doesn't rise too much in the offseason. I had forgotten about Shawn Williams too - thanks for reminding us!

I guess I'm too late for this question, but with all of the changes are there any Front 7 players for the Jags that you think is rosterable in a shallow league? Supposedly Babin has the inside track at LEO and Geno Hayes has MLB sewn up but the rest of the group just seems a real question mark, especially with all of the substituting and different loks Gus' defense employs.

I guess I'm too late for this question, but with all of the changes are there any Front 7 players for the Jags that you think is rosterable in a shallow league? Supposedly Babin has the inside track at LEO and Geno Hayes has MLB sewn up but the rest of the group just seems a real question mark, especially with all of the substituting and different loks Gus' defense employs.
depth chart shows Pauluszny in the middle still, where did you here about Hayes moving inside?

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/depthchart.php#jax

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/13teamreport-jax.php

Offseason Review Part 1 -- Scheme Changes & Other Notes

We talk about what the changing roles and schemes in Dallas, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Cleveland and New Orleans could mean for Bruce Carter, Mychal Kendricks, Jabaal Shears and many others and also consider the offseason news on Daryl Washington and Desmond Bishop.

Offseason Review Part 2 -- Player Movement and Depth Chart Promotions

We debate the upside of Demario Davis, Brooks Reed, Da'Quan Bowers and others and also look at all the major free agent signings at every position.

Thanks for listening everyone!!

On the next show maybe discuss the fantasy shakedown of the Carolina lb'ers. A few blurbs have beason practicing at slb and I assume that would leave Thomas Davis at wlb. Other than the question if that could hold true is who plays nickel with Luke?

On the next show maybe discuss the fantasy shakedown of the Carolina lb'ers. A few blurbs have beason practicing at slb and I assume that would leave Thomas Davis at wlb. Other than the question if that could hold true is who plays nickel with Luke?
beason is a huge question mark, i think. he has been talked about at WLB but during the OTA he was at slb. i don't think there will be much clarity until training camp starts.

Thomas Davis was a safety coming out of college, and is very very good in coverage. Hard to imagine he isn't a 3 down guy. So that leaves Beason or Keuchly out.....I know who my money is on missing out on nickel snaps.

Latest IDP podcast is up.

Aug 23 2013
2013 Volume#119a - IDP Roundtable - Preseason News and Notes (#1915)
In This Episode: Sigmund Bloom, Jene Bramel, and John Norton discuss news and notes reviewing the second week of the preseason, and its impact on IDP leagues. Topics Include - How much to knock down Von Miller, Colin McCarthy and Desmond Bishop falling value, an endorsement of Justin Houston and Tyrann Mathieu, Deep dynasty prospects to add , plus more!

Aug 23 2013

In This Episode: Sigmund Bloom, Jene Bramel, and John Norton discuss news and notes reviewing the second week of the preseason, and its impact on IDP leagues. Topics Include - How much to knock down Von Miller, Colin McCarthy and Desmond Bishop falling value, an endorsement of Justin Houston and Tyrann Mathieu, Deep dynasty prospects to add , plus more!
Can someone provide a quick rundown about what was said about Colin McCarthy? Hard of hearing, but would love to know.

Aug 23 2013

Can someone provide a quick rundown about what was said about Colin McCarthy? Hard of hearing, but would love to know.
See if he can make it through the game (which he didn't) otherwise maybe pick up Fokou but don't expect the world, no endorsement from coach at all. Dynasty the jury is still out on McCarthy

Users who are viewing this thread