What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm benching Palmer...Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

chocolate bomber

Footballguy
I''m in shock. I honestly can't trust this guy against a paltry D in good weather. Anyone else putting him on the pine? I never thought this day would come, but he's buried me in big games for two years in a row.

No other options for me. I kind of slept on picking up a viablr candidate to replace him, so I'll just ride him this postseason.

Hoping CJ wants the Prime Time stage, and has a nice game.

Carson is DUE man

I can't believe my team is still alive after his 2 stinkers but mfer is due for a big game. TJ housh should return to the endzone as well

He was been my QB from day 1 and the only time I benched him was during the bye week obviously. I have Bulger and Garrard as my backups, I know if I bench CP he will cut sick and no doubt I will lose my playoff game. Im not willing to take that risk. However my team is capable of putting up a nice score with or without Palmer scoring well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have benched Palmer for Favre as well.

SF strength is its corner backs. I don't like how Palmer has been playing against better matchups than this one offers. I trust Favre more than Palmer at this point.

He's been up to his ankles in mud the last to weeks. I think Palmer has a very good game tonight. The worst problem I see is they get too far out front and turn to Rudi for most of the second half. I never bench Palmer, but I'm in a 2 QB league so those guys are all at a higher premium.

On pace for 12-24 for 80 and no TD's through one quarter. Thanks Carson!
I got a text message from Carson. He told me to tell you, your welcome. He apologizes for the slow start and wanted to make sure you saw the nice TD. He said that was for you.

Played Palmer against my better judgement,I guess it could've been a lot worse. They just seem to really struggle in the redzone and look like they've given up on the season.

palmer = rex grossman but with better receivers :rolleyes:
If these better receivers held onto the ball maybe his stats would be betterI started him over Big Ben :rolleyes:
CJ dropped that last TD but Palmer missed CJ on a wide open potential 60 yd TD in the first quarter and had a number of other pretty bad misses, including one that killed a third quarter drive in the redzone. That entire team looks off and playing out the season. Not a reliable fantasy source for the balance of the year IMO.

If I had another option to play ,I would have sat him too. He isn't worth the 3rd rd pick I took him with. Damn Cincy's offense.

Users who are viewing this thread