What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interesting Draft Trivia (1 Viewer)

Cowboys...Aikman and Walsh

Walsh was a supplemental pick, but they gave up their first to get him - thus they used their first 2 years in a row on a QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboys...Aikman and Walsh

Walsh was a supplemental pick, but they gave up their first to get him - thus they used their first 2 years in a row on a QB.
Got me on a technicality. :thumbup:

What are the only 2 players from the same high school to be drafted #1 overall in consecutive years?
FlawedAlex Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in 2005, and Reggie Bush were teammates at Helix High School in San Diego.

If Reggie Bush becomes the No. 1 overall pick, it would be the first time in NFL draft history that two players from the same high school were picked No. 1 in back-to-back years.

What are the only 2 players from the same high school to be drafted #1 overall in consecutive years?
FlawedAlex Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in 2005, and Reggie Bush were teammates at Helix High School in San Diego.

If Reggie Bush becomes the No. 1 overall pick, it would be the first time in NFL draft history that two players from the same high school were picked No. 1 in back-to-back years.
:hifive:

Only player drafted in the first round who never played on a college football team.

I think this is easy, we'll see.

Only player drafted in the first round who never played on a college football team.

Eric Swann
:thumbup: Pretty amazing. Even more amazing how good he was until injuries took him out of the league.

Remember how dominating the Cards' DL of the late 90s appeared like it could be?

Andre Wadsworth, Eric Swann, _______, Simeon Rice. I remember the other DT was also very good...just cant remember his name. Mark something.

Eric Swann
I'm not 100% certain of this, but you may be able to guess it anyway:Only player drafted who never played college OR high school football?

Carl Lewis?
No, I don't think so. It's been 4-5 years since I read his autobiography, but I'm pretty sure that Dave Winfield stopped playing football after grade school and just concentrated on Baseball and Basketball in high school.

Forgot about Winfield being drafted. I threw Carl Lewis out there because I did not think he played football in college. Don't know about High School.

Found some info about Carl Lewis.

Brooklyn, NY: When did you know that you had a passion, a talent, and a gift for the various track and field events?

Carl Lewis: That is something that evolved. For me it started in high school. However, I didn't play other sports in high school. My intested just started to grow at that time.
Interview

Users who are viewing this thread