What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Anything or Anyone Popular (1 Viewer)

The General

Footballguy
Link - Supreme Court confidence hits all-time low. 

This got me thinking. Do we just hate everything now? Presidents are all hated. Congress? Them too.

This might be an “us” problem. 

People are extremely cynical about everything these days. To openly like or admire something is to admit you're not above it, even while everyone else denigrates it. Better to join the crowd in its chorus of sweeping denigration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our elected representatives do not and have not represented our interests for a long time now. How in the hell is this an "us" problem?

Stop accepting low standard candidates. Stop accepting blatantly unachievable campaign promises aka lies as "just how it is now" or "everyone does it". Up your standards.

Our elected representatives do not and have not represented our interests for a long time now. How in the hell is this an "us" problem?

Stop accepting low standard candidates. Stop accepting blatantly unachievable campaign promises aka lies as "just how it is now" or "everyone does it". Up your standards.
And more cow bell!

Link - Supreme Court confidence hits all-time low. 

This got me thinking. Do we just hate everything now? Presidents are all hated. Congress? Them too.

This might be an “us” problem. 
It's been us ever since the simpleton thought of "lesser of two evils" was sold and bought by the "sides" as a viable measuring stick.  This isn't news :shrug:  

It's been us ever since the simpleton thought of "lesser of two evils" was sold and bought by the "sides" as a viable measuring stick.  This isn't news :shrug:  
Is there some 3rd party that is popular? I am guessing they’d get hated as much as the same old flavors.

That might be a big part of the problem. No one really gets heard until they are popular. Once some is popular they get heard more. Once anyone gets heard more they become hated. 
This is where problem 1B comes into the picture IMO....the "media" in this country...social and "mainstream".

Well we do pick them. I mean you think there would be a few that are popular across the whole. But a few searches and the only ones I am seeing floating around 50 are people who are retired. 

Well we do pick them. I mean you think there would be a few that are popular across the whole. But a few searches and the only ones I am seeing floating around 50 are people who are retired. 

I think at this point DC just turns otherwise good people into grifting, money grubbing, power-hungry partisan hacks.

Think about this - lots of these people come in to office earning hardly nothing or maybe just a regular salary and a normal standard of living.  Once they get into DC, they suddenly find out that not only are they getting paid a high-end salary, but they can make millions more by selling themselves to the highest bidder under the guise of "representing the people".  Now not only do they have money and power, but they've upped their standard of living 1000%, have personal security and are setup in luxurious condos/apartments/homes and have a golden parachute for life with fantastic benefits.

You really think they're now going to give all that up?  No ####### way.  Now it all becomes a fight to keep what you have and accumulate even more.  And that fight is for themselves, not you.  They might throw out scraps to the common folk every now and then, but make no mistake, that's just to keep them at bay and distracted while they continue on their quest to enrich themselves even further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Panda Express is a yes from most everyone I know. It's not the best place to eat, but people rarely say no if you are suggesting eating there.

James Gandolfini

Last week was the nine year anniversary of his death. 

He was beloved by everyone of all political stripes. His dying struck hard on a universal level.

All military veterans used to be popular with everyone until recently when it became acceptable to attack the McCains, Vindmans and Muellers by some of our nation's more despicable folks.

Users who are viewing this thread