What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it Me, Or is this the Nuttiest Off-Season in Recent Memory? (1 Viewer)

Is this off-season just absolutely bonkers?!

i can’t remember a more eventful offseason, and it isn’t even the start of FA yet.

any other bombshells, or are we about done? Watson trade coming I guess. Anything else? 
And yes, this off-season has been crazy and quite entertaining.   I love it!

Is it me -or- do you post a lot? Seriously -- take a break -- for some of us it's not enough to simply put you on ignore.
Well if your 53 posts in 17yrs is the standard this place would be quite the bastion of football conversation wouldn’t it.  

Either way, despite being a 9ers fan @Hot Sauce Guyis a good dude with good SP contributions.  Post on HSG.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me -or- do you post a lot? Seriously -- take a break -- for some of us it's not enough to simply put you on ignore.
I'll stick up for you a little bit here.  I think he has lots of good contributions, and am fine with most of his topics, but this one feels like "making a thread just to make a thread".  

I guess I don't understand clickbait topic names that are vague and say "is it just me or"  or "does anyone else think".  Just put what you're talking about in the title already :P

Well I have been thinking to myself lately that what fantasy football has really been lacking is a certain amount of unpredictability, or chaos really. This seems to be the answer to that.
After this last season where the consensus was that we had to work harder at FF than seasons in recent memory because of COVID and Injuries, its like the chaos has just carried over.

Of course I love Chaos, I guess that's why I spent 20 years in the Military....lol! 

I'll stick up for you a little bit here.  I think he has lots of good contributions, and am fine with most of his topics, but this one feels like "making a thread just to make a thread".  

I guess I don't understand clickbait topic names that are vague and say "is it just me or"  or "does anyone else think".  Just put what you're talking about in the title already :P
I was just feeling some kind of mood over the NFL shenanigans of the last week. 

Wasn’t intentionally a click-bait headline. “Try this one easy trick for an exciting NFL off-season!” lol

There - I fixed the headline.  Still no excuse for the rudeness that person put on display.

Also, if he’s had me on ignore, how does he know I’m posting so much? Irony. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot Sauce Guy said:
thank you for your service.

:thanks:
Thanks, that wasn't fishing for anything, just more a comment on 20 years of chaos, imagine being on a roller-coaster, and people say that's not so bad......only the roller coaster is one of those old really creaky unstable sounding wooden ones....and oh its also on fire at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon.....that is what it felt like sometimes.

Still the best job I ever had in my life! 

Definitely feels like the NFL keeps trying to outdo itself with the news.  

Newsbreak:  RIDLEY SUSPENDED 1 YEAR

1 day later:  RODGERS STAYING IN GB

2 hours later:  RUSS TRADED TO DENVER!! 

2 days later:  BRADY UNRETIRES!! 

And sprinkled among those is Mack to LAC, Cooper to Cleveland, Cleveland releasing Landry, Seattle releasing Wagner, and probably several more I'm forgetting at the moment.  I love it personally, the NFL manages to captivate our attention on a random day in March and it's got us all talking on the messageboards for 18 pages about what Russ in Denver means for the rest of the league and for fantasy.  NFL is king, baby....

As their #6 FA WR actually available on the market (not counting tagged players), PFF had his value pegged at 4/$47M. OverTheCap had his value at $10.5M. This one seems like an uber reach at this point (AAV of $18-21M).
I mean, it was obviously terrible at a glance, but in this light? My god. 

I mean, it was obviously terrible at a glance, but in this light? My god. 
This is part of the reason bad teams with tons of cap room stay bad teams. It's really hard to overpay for players and field a competitive team. Even generally well-managed teams have a hard time loading up on free agents. Here's the situation NE is in this year with the crop of guys they signed last year. The first column is the cap hit NE is taking on for the player this year. The second column is the value that OverTheCap graded each player based on their 2021 season. The last column is the net value they got from the player.

Bourne 6.4 5.1 -1.3
Judon 16.5 13.9 -2.6
Anderson 3.7 0.1 -3.6
Godchaux 10.2 4.5 -5.7
Henry 15 8.8 -6.2
Agholor 14.9 4.5 -10.4
Smith 13.7 3 -10.7
TOTAL -40.5

Unless the Patriots get a lot more production from these players, they are in a world of hurt. They can't get off these contracts without taking on a lot of dead money. They won last year in spite of them. Judon was excellent the first half of the season but then faded the rest of the way. The Pats having to allocate $43.6M this year for Henry, Agholor, and Smith (21% of their cap) is deplorable for the 115-1370-13 they got from them last year. Cooper Kupp posted 145-1947-16 last year on his own for "only" $19 million.

Lo Neal on 95.7 the Game just said he thinks Brady is still going to the 49ers. That he y retired as the 1st step to facilitate a trade.

I think Lo Neal is smoking that good good jazz lettuce. 

This would be the craziest offseason in memory, yes. 

The game is just huge. It's at the top of something, not the least of which might be ridiculousness. 

This is certainly its offseason apex, that's for sure. 

Mediocre WRs have been getting stupid contracts for several years now.  It almost never works out, so I have no idea why teams keep doing it.

I get that RBs aren't exactly the most important position in the NFL, but you can have Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb for the same price as Marvin Jones or Nelson Agholor.  It's bizarre.

Mediocre WRs have been getting stupid contracts for several years now.  It almost never works out, so I have no idea why teams keep doing it.

I get that RBs aren't exactly the most important position in the NFL, but you can have Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb for the same price as Marvin Jones or Nelson Agholor.  It's bizarre.
I think it goes to show you where the NFL thinks the emphasis is and how wins above replacement stack up for WRs and RBs. It's got to be that, because the best at the RB position aren't getting paid anywhere near mediocre guys at WR. 

Lort i hope this happens, just for the wtf factor. 

It would add chaos to the league & I’d love to see if. L

”In an Instagram post, Colin Kaepernick was seen working out with Tyler Lockett. 

It's notable a week after ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Kaepernick, unofficially blackballed by the NFL after his 2016 protests against police brutality, is "in the best shape of his life" and wants to return to the league. The workout with Lockett is noteworthy because Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said in a 2020 interview that he regretted not signing Kaepernick in 2017. Seattle, meanwhile, is without a viable starting quarterback after dealing Russell Wilson to the Broncos last week. Now 34 years old, Kaepernick could be a no-risk signing for a QB-needy team like the Seahawks in the coming months.”

:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread