What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there a Backstrom thread yet? (1 Viewer)

I didn't think it was that bad, although I can see the "I am a ... and I ..." bit getting real old real quick.

Like several others I felt the first episode was kinda 'meh...'

I did like the plot twist at the end and for some reason the final 10 minutes or so seemed better than the beginning. Wife and I agreed to give it one more episode before we pull the plug.

Sucked more than I hoped.
I was the opposite. I enjoyed it more than I thought. Doesn't sound like the ratings were all that good, though, so unless FOX is really in Wilson's corner this may be not be around too long.

Big fan of the red-headed chick.

I was the opposite. I enjoyed it more than I thought. Doesn't sound like the ratings were all that good, though, so unless FOX is really in Wilson's corner this may be not be around too long.

Big fan of the red-headed chick.
:goodposting:

It won't be on my "Drop everything to watch" list.. But as long as it is on, and is as entertaining as the first episode, I'll watch.

I was the opposite. I enjoyed it more than I thought. Doesn't sound like the ratings were all that good, though, so unless FOX is really in Wilson's corner this may be not be around too long.Big fan of the red-headed chick.
:goodposting: It won't be on my "Drop everything to watch" list.. But as long as it is on, and is as entertaining as the first episode, I'll watch.
:goodposting:

I have the series set to record on the DVR. Will watch it on a slow nite.

This show does look pretty terrible. Every time I see the previews, I think it's a bad SNL skit. "Tell that to the smoking house behind me." Umm, what?

Again, my prediction is that it lasts as long as Rake did last year.
Watching the second episode now.

I concur.

The dialogue in the first 5 minutes of the second episode is some of the worst I've ever seen on TV. Couldn't watch anymore.

Loved Wilson on SFU and the Office and I was rooting for this to be good. :(

Had the first two episodes on DVR. Made it through 30 minutes of the premiere and bailed. I think Wilson is trying to hard to sell the character. Either it works or it doesn't. And this doesn't.

Didn't enjoy the "revenge" factor of episode #2.. just felt convenient that the only 2 that were stealing just happened to be the two who bullied him as a youngster ..

The previews for next week had some good :lol: moments so will watch and see If 2 was just a bad episode or if the premire was as good as it will get :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty disappointing. Bad writing, bad acting, questionable main character. And of course it has to have the agenda-driven gay guy.

It's pretty disappointing. Bad writing, bad acting, questionable main character. And of course it has to have the agenda-driven gay guy.
I'm an internet poster...pretending to be a TV reviewer. I need to complain about something, where do I go? IMDB, the place where most trolls go? Nope. Reddit where my posts will likely be ignored? Uh-uh. To footballguys. And what do I do there to stir up trouble? Talk about my issue with the gays. We know you're secretly bi-curious, the fingerprints are all over your post.

I'm an internet poster...pretending to be a TV reviewer. I need to complain about something, where do I go? IMDB, the place where most trolls go? Nope. Reddit where my posts will likely be ignored? Uh-uh. To footballguys. And what do I do there to stir up trouble? Talk about my issue with the gays. We know you're secretly bi-curious, the fingerprints are all over your post.
Just telling it like it is, Alice. :shrug:

Watched the first episode. Underwhelmed for sure. Ep 4 was set to record but there were 2 other things I wanted to record/watch so Backstrom episode got canceled. Suppose if eps 2 and 3 are decent enough I'll watch 4 online.

Was coming here to ask this... is it improving?

Rate the show 1 to 5 when it aired the premier. And rate it 1 to 5 now.

Thanks.

Watched the first 3 episodes. Not for me really. Seems like it's trying to be somewhat a spoof of a crime drama show. Ratings on IMDB do seem to agree with the "getting better" thoughts.

Was coming here to ask this... is it improving?

Rate the show 1 to 5 when it aired the premier. And rate it 1 to 5 now.

Thanks.
The first one awas two with a promise, now, likely a three with a promise.

If the writing/storylines gets trite it'll plummet

Finally got around to watching the "enemy of my enemies" episode last night. The guy who played Backstrom's dad was great. Pretty good episode.

I'm you, the fourth rated TV network. I have a show that was getting decent ratings and was different than other shows on TV. Instead of giving the show a second season to see if it could build viewers, I cancel it and renew the low rated 'Bones' for its 11th season. Then I wonder why I'm the fourth rated TV network.

Users who are viewing this thread