What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacquizz Rodgers... What gives (7 Viewers)

Snelling may be the best rb on the current roster. I was a big fan of Quiz in college, due to his lateral agility, but it hasn't seemed to translate since turning pro. I have been hopeful since he was drafted after rostering him on several teams, but every time I watch him, he just appears short and slow.

'enfuego said:
Ray Rice looked pretty crappy his first year before coming on. There are many other examples...
Ray rice was a 2nd round pick who ran a 4.42 and had 130 touches his rookie year producing fairly well with those touches.

Rodgers was a 5th round pick who ran a 4.64 and had 78 touches last year and had a horrid YPC. He also looks horrible so far this year.

The love for this nobody 5th round pick who has shown nothing is mind boggling. He's not feature back material and comparing him to Rice is a huge insult to Ray.
Let me insult some more: Rodgers 40 time was 4.47, not 4.64.
His combine time was 4.64. Pro day times aren't near as accurate and always inflated.
That seems pretty damn slow for a tiny running back.

Snelling may be the best rb on the current roster.
If the Falcons decide to move away from Turner I could see Snelling getting the lead role. Rodgers has looked terrible and Atlanta seems in no hurry to completely move away from the power run game. Snelling can provide that. If I was looking for a roster stash in the Atlanta backfield right now I'd lean toward Snelling over Rodgers.

If atl could deal quizz for alex green that would fit both teams
Why would the Packers get rid of an RB they like who knows their system and is rehabbing for a guy who can't beat out a washed up Turner and has not done anything?What benefit does that give Green Bay?
'Washed up?' Come on man! WHile he may be slowing down a bit, Turner led the NFL in rushing last year!
Shaun Alexander led the league in 2005 with 1880 yards and 27 TDs. He was washed up the next year. RB's can come crashing down fast in the NFL. This guy is done. THis ferrari like passing game needs to get rid of the Edsel it currently has at RB.As a Rodgers owner, I'm not so sure he is the answer though.

'solorca said:
As ineffective as Turner has been, they just must not have any faith in the guy. I'd imagine that if Turner keeps playing so poorly (even if the line is at fault), he'll start to get more chances.

My guess is that he'll get a chance to take over in this game if the Falcons score again. It may be a chance to show what he's got.

(I have noticed him in the game quite a bit tonight, he's just not putting up any stats)
Rogers has been equally ineffective.The line has looked really really bad ... turner did a pretty good job getting anything at all since he was getting hit in the backfield every play.

Rogers when hit in the backfield got nothing at all

If atl could deal quizz for alex green that would fit both teams
Why would the Packers get rid of an RB they like who knows their system and is rehabbing for a guy who can't beat out a washed up Turner and has not done anything?What benefit does that give Green Bay?
'Washed up?' Come on man! WHile he may be slowing down a bit, Turner led the NFL in rushing last year!
Turner was 3rd in the NFL...with the 2nd most carries in the league.But yes...washed up.Have you watched him play? He is fat and slow. Running with no authority whatsoever.I have the guy on my FF team and can't play him.2.6 per carry looks pretty washed up right now.But my point stands on Quizz vs. Green. What benefit does GB have in trading Green who they like and knows their system for another guy who has not been able to step up for his team?

Quizz is tough and makes fantastic cuts. If he gets a chance to play a full game he could put up some surprising numbers.

But my point stands on Quizz vs. Green. What benefit does GB have in trading Green who they like and knows their system for another guy who has not been able to step up for his team?
I agree. Green may never amount to anything but Rodgers looks terrible. There's no benefit to that trade for the Packers that I can see. Besides, Benson is better than both of them right now.

'Chazzhawk said:
I understand if he isn't talented enough, I understand if he is missing blocks, I really understand if he is fumbling. However, all preseason and during the off season all we heard was how much more involved in the offense Rodgers would be. Now I admit I am not watching the game all that close but it seems like Turner is in there all the time, 3rd down, no huddle, and he looks horrible while out there. Anyone shed some light on this? For the wise guys, yes I own Rodgers in 3 leagues, 2 are best ball, 1 is a dynasty and I am not starting him. I am just surprised he isn't getting a chance, or is he and it just happens to be the time I am not watching the game?
short answer - you got taken.

So, in terms of fantasy this year; where do you put Jacquizz's value at?

Above/ Below the likes of:

Mark Ingram

David Wilson

Jonathan Dwyer

Honestly, coming into the year I had higher hopes for the kid. Personally didn't think he'd ever really be a RB1/2, but a decent flex and especially in PPR... sure.

My feelings are kind of turning on him at this point though...at least in redraft leagues

So, in terms of fantasy this year; where do you put Jacquizz's value at? Above/ Below the likes of:Mark IngramDavid WilsonJonathan Dwyer
I'd rank them:IngramWilsonRodgersDwyerThe only two I'd want on my roster right now are Ingram and Wilson and Wilson's stock obviously has taken a huge hit. I don't get the fascination with Dwyer. He hasn't impressed me at all.

The only two I'd want on my roster right now are Ingram and Wilson and Wilson's stock obviously has taken a huge hit. I don't get the fascination with Dwyer. He hasn't impressed me at all.
I agree, but as of now he's still in the mix for regular touches. So, while he hasn't really impressed, he still has "some" value IMO

The only two I'd want on my roster right now are Ingram and Wilson and Wilson's stock obviously has taken a huge hit. I don't get the fascination with Dwyer. He hasn't impressed me at all.
I agree, but as of now he's still in the mix for regular touches. So, while he hasn't really impressed, he still has "some" value IMO
Yeah, he's at least a hold until we find out of Turner will get benched for any amount of time due to the DUI.

Still have high hopes for the second half of the season in my PPR, return-yardage leagues. He could be huge value in that format later in the season. Or he could be worthless. The perfect bench RB.

Yeah, he's at least a hold until we find out of Turner will get benched for any amount of time due to the DUI.
When can we expect a decision on this?

When can we expect a decision on this?
I think the Falcons kind of did this weekend. According MFL Rodgers was on the field for 34 snaps, and Turner was on the field for 32, and a lot of Turners work came after the game was decided and he was closing the game out. I am not sure if it suggests that Rodgers playing time is going to increase, or if it was a small punishment dished out by the Falcons to Turner. Any Falcon fans in Atlanta got some info from the beat guys, or local press?

I assume since he wasn't benched this weekend, there won't be any official discipline from the team or the league until the legal process is completed, which I guess will be after the season ends.

As for Rodgers, it's one of those annoying situations where you're ready to cut a guy and he does just enough to stop you. Hard to cut a Falcon right now though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Quizz saw 34 snaps to Turner's 32. The changing of guards has begun. If you're ballsy enough, Quizz probably hold flex value (in PPR) against CAR this week.

So Quizz saw 34 snaps to Turner's 32. The changing of guards has begun. If you're ballsy enough, Quizz probably hold flex value (in PPR) against CAR this week.
Wouldn't call it ballsy-I have been forced to, due to injuries. Hoping he can squeek in a score.

Maybe this will help the Jacquizz people out. As bad as Turner may be ... He has been better at everything than Jacquizz.

Player

Michael Turner No 42 Yds 154 Avg 3.7 Long 25 TD 2

Jacquizz Rodgers No 20 Yds 57 Avg 2.9 Long 9 TD 0

And Turner is coming off of a very good game (not to mention 1300 yds last year) ... he is not going anywhere.

Rodgers was most definitely a bigger part of the game plan. I've seen nothing at all he's a threat running the ball, but does give the Falcons a dangerous option in pass game.

It wouldn't be surprising if Turner had a couple 10-20 snap games if/where ATL trails. Otherwise, I still see him as a big part of the game plan as he's far and away their best rusher.

Maybe this will help the Jacquizz people out. As bad as Turner may be ... He has been better at everything than Jacquizz.

Player

And Turner is coming off of a very good game (not to mention 1300 yds last year) ... he is not going anywhere.
Stats can be deceiving. You aren't including receiving stats, where Quizz has four more receptions, 47 more yards and a TD.Turner has not been better at everything, one good 4th quarter where Turner ran through truck sized holes created against a absolutely gassed SD DL does not make a season. All someone has to do is watch the other 11 quarters he participated in to see he's all but done. What I think you meant to say is "Turner isn't going anywhere when it comes to GL touches". Quizz quite simply fits the offense better, and it showed when he was on he field last week. I'm assuming ATL's coaching staff notices this as well, or they wouldn't have given him more play time over Turner for the first time in his career.

As bad as Turner may be ... He has been better at everything than Jacquizz.

Player

Turner declining reeally doesn't matter one way or the other. Rodgers just isn't a good runner at this level. No matter who is or isn't there he'll never see significant touches because he flat out can't hang physically as an NFL RB. Small and slow.

Player

Stats can be deceiving. You aren't including receiving stats, where Quizz has four more receptions, 47 more yards and a TD.Turner has not been better at everything, one good 4th quarter where Turner ran through truck sized holes created against a absolutely gassed SD DL does not make a season. All someone has to do is watch the other 11 quarters he participated in to see he's all but done. What I think you meant to say is "Turner isn't going anywhere when it comes to GL touches". Quizz quite simply fits the offense better, and it showed when he was on he field last week. I'm assuming ATL's coaching staff notices this as well, or they wouldn't have given him more play time over Turner for the first time in his career.
I agree. What I'm thinking is a possibility that they both have a role in the offense. Turner getting more carries and goal line stuff & Jaquizz taking some carries here and there and being involved in the pass game. If they are planning on about equal snaps as they did last game, than Quizz has some value going forward especially in PPR.

Player

I agree. What I'm thinking is a possibility that they both have a role in the offense. Turner getting more carries and goal line stuff & Jaquizz taking some carries here and there and being involved in the pass game. If they are planning on about equal snaps as they did last game, than Quizz has some value going forward especially in PPR.
If Turner starts out hot or if Atlanta takes an early lead you will see less of Jacquizz. They could not get the running game going so they went with Jacquizz ... Turner has never been used as a receiver.Once they established the run it was all Turner and that's what you can expect.

If Turner starts out hot or if Atlanta takes an early lead you will see less of Jacquizz. They could not get the running game going so they went with Jacquizz ... Turner has never been used as a receiver.Once they established the run it was all Turner and that's what you can expect.
You could be right about that. There is definitely risk involved if someone starts him this week. But if people are desperate this week it might be worth the gamble and better than some other options. The RB situation this year is more chaotic then I ever remember it. There are very few teams in my league that have two really reliable healthy running backs and there is very little on the wire from week to week.

'Coeur de Lion said:
'monk said:

Player

Turner declining reeally doesn't matter one way or the other. Rodgers just isn't a good runner at this level. No matter who is or isn't there he'll never see significant touches because he flat out can't hang physically as an NFL RB. Small and slow.
Turner is big and slow and can break tackles. I've yet to see Rodgers break a tackle in the NFL.

'Coeur de Lion said:
'monk said:

Player

Turner is big and slow and used to break tackles. I've yet to see Rodgers break a tackle in the NFL.
I have watched Atlanta this year and a guy that big shouldn't be going down as easy as Turner does.

'Coeur de Lion said:
'monk said:

Player

Turner is big and slow and used to break tackles. I've yet to see Rodgers break a tackle in the NFL.
I have watched Atlanta this year and a guy that big shouldn't be going down as easy as Turner does.
I haven't seen them all year, but what I have seen, is that he's still huge...but he isn't running as hard or fast at the guys and so he's not knocking them over with that force that came from his size and speed. Instead I've seen him many times run straight ahead into guys and just get stopped or get a yard or two.

Rodgers is slow??
Watch him play. He has yet to show anything resembling "plus" speed or quickness at the NFL level. All the people still talking about Turner being done or Rodgers being a better fit are missing the fundamental issue -- Rodgers is just flat out ineffective running with the football.

We'll know a lot more after Sunday. RBs vs. Carolina so far this year:

Doug Martin 24 for 95; 4 rec. for 23

Pierre Thomas 9 for 110; 4 rec for 33

Mark Ingram 16 for 53 and a TD

Sproles 13 receptions for 128 yds

Andre Brown 20 for 113 and 2 TDs; 3 rec. for 17 yds

'Coeur de Lion said:
'monk said:

Player

Lotta wrong in here.

Don't judge Quizz untill he gets the "feature" role. Just like any RB he needs some reps to get in a groove........give him 15 carries in a game and let's see what happens.

We'll know a lot more after Sunday. RBs vs. Carolina so far this year:Doug Martin 24 for 95; 4 rec. for 23Pierre Thomas 9 for 110; 4 rec for 33Mark Ingram 16 for 53 and a TDSproles 13 receptions for 128 ydsAndre Brown 20 for 113 and 2 TDs; 3 rec. for 17 yds
These are some very compelling stats to start Quizz if in a pinch this week. I agree with you, we will know a lot more of what we can expect from him after this week.

I'm on the fence about starting Quizz this weekend - in a close game, I can see him having a good day. If Atlanta opens up a 2 TD lead in the first half, we'll see a LOT of Turner in this game, just like last week.

Don't judge Quizz untill he gets the "feature" role. Just like any RB he needs some reps to get in a groove........give him 15 carries in a game and let's see what happens.
5th round picks who don't look good in limited action usually don't get a crack at being featured for an NFL team barring total disaster injury-wise.I'm seriously baffled as to why anyone sees this guy as more than a deep bench flyer. Dynasty-wise, a ton of people seem to think he's starter-quality and just waiting for his turn, but there's literally zero evidence outside of some pre-season coachspeak to indicate he's even average.

I said it in the game thread last week, but I really fear this is a case of Jerious Norwood 2.0 - where everyone on FFL boards was just waiting for him to become a PPR monster, and game after game it didn't happen. The significant difference, though, is Turner's age -

Although for Quizz, the 19 pts he put up last week made him RB8 in my main league - which I would say is more than sufficient evidence to characterize him as "even average".

I said it in the game thread last week, but I really fear this is a case of Jerious Norwood 2.0 - where everyone on FFL boards was just waiting for him to become a PPR monster, and game after game it didn't happen. The significant difference, though, is Turner's age - Although for Quizz, the 19 pts he put up last week made him RB8 in my main league - which I would say is more than sufficient evidence to characterize him as "even average".
Did Norwood ever see more playing time than Turner when Turner was healthy? I doubt that.

What Gives!?

Turner is slow and washed up!!!!!!

Why do they keep letting him get all those yards and TDs!?!?!?

What Gives!?Turner is slow and washed up!!!!!!Why do they keep letting him get all those yards and TDs!?!?!?
Don't let a game against Carolina fool you. While Turner's career definitely isn't over, he's not the same guy he used to be by any stretch.Lendale White could come out of "retirement" and run for 100 yards against Carolina this season.

I think the more concerning thing is that Jaquizz didn't do much with the carries he got. Granted, he only had 6 carries, but it would be nice to see him with more than 3 YPC. Until that happens I guess he won't soon be taking away as many carries as owners would like....

which really limits his value

What Gives!?Turner is slow and washed up!!!!!!Why do they keep letting him get all those yards and TDs!?!?!?
Don't let a game against Carolina fool you. While Turner's career definitely isn't over, he's not the same guy he used to be by any stretch.Lendale White could come out of "retirement" and run for 100 yards against Carolina this season.
I dont think Quizz is the reason that turner wont be getting carries though. While ATL is a passing team now, Turner will still get the touches. Even if he dont get much out of them due to fatness

The disappointing thing about Rogers is that he's doing worse than last year running the ball (3.6 YPC vs. 2.9 YPC) and Turner is doing better (4.5 vs. 4.7). I like Rogers in PPR but I can now see Turner hanging around and this being a RBBC for a couple more years.

Users who are viewing this thread