What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeep to invest 4.5 billion in Detroit. At least 6500 new jobs (1 Viewer)

Way too late for that, rent has been soaring in Detroit (at least the desirable neighborhoods) for awhile. Detroit likely isn't what most imagine it to be. It's probably one of the coolest, youngest and most exciting cities in the country right now. The labor force can't keep up with the demand for new restaurants, bars, etc. 
How much rent for a 1-1?

Way too late for that, rent has been soaring in Detroit (at least the desirable neighborhoods) for awhile. Detroit likely isn't what most imagine it to be. It's probably one of the coolest, youngest and most exciting cities in the country right now. The labor force can't keep up with the demand for new restaurants, bars, etc. 
My younger daughter lives in Mid-Town Detroit.  20 years ago I could not imagine anyone living there let alone letting my daughter live there.

We love going to visit and hang out.  It is all young people and vibrant..tons of bars and restaurants..plus the old dives have made a comeback as well.  Go there on a Saturday morning and you see tons of people running, biking, walking their dogs or whatever. I took a client from Cali to Detroit last year..he had never been there before and was a little scared..he was blown away by the energy around the downtown area. 

Another perk is she has 3 parking spots that is walking distance to Little Caesars Arena, Comerica Park and Ford Field.  No more 40.00 parking.

My younger daughter lives in Mid-Town Detroit.  20 years ago I could not imagine anyone living there let alone letting my daughter live there.

We love going to visit and hang out.  It is all young people and vibrant..tons of bars and restaurants..plus the old dives have made a comeback as well.  Go there on a Saturday morning and you see tons of people running, biking, walking their dogs or whatever. I took a client from Cali to Detroit last year..he had never been there before and was a little scared..he was blown away by the energy around the downtown area. 

Another perk is she has 3 parking spots that is walking distance to Little Caesars Arena, Comerica Park and Ford Field.  No more 40.00 parking.
Yep, Detroit is absolutely one of the best cities in the country. 

Yet another example of how people stuck on past stereotypes are not seeing how much things can change moving forward.

Yet another example of how people stuck on past stereotypes are not seeing how much things can change moving forward.
Glad things are different because I was there for the men’s basketball final 4 in 2008 since I’m UConn guy, worst place ever for tournament.  First year in football stadium, it snowed,  city looked looked like war zone, people very unfriendly. Etc.  I could get on....  

Glad things are different because I was there for the men’s basketball final 4 in 2008 since I’m UConn guy, worst place ever for tournament.  First year in football stadium, it snowed,  city looked looked like war zone, people very unfriendly. Etc.  I could get on....  
It snows in half the country.   In 2008 though it was just getting started. There are friendly and unfriendly people everywhere.  The young people are taking the city over and that is the cool thing.

Go Detroit.

I’m a Jeep owner, have been for some time now.
I get program vehicles every year from Jeep ,Ford and GM for very favorable lease prices. Right now I have a 2018 Jeep Overland.   I really did not want it but it stickers around 40K and I got it for under 200 a month for a year.

My last Jeep was 10 years ago..they have improved so much it blew me away. This Overland rides nicer and is faster than my friends Range Rover.  Plus has all the bells and whistles.

That's clutch.

My last job in the D was working for pwc in the RenCen (before GM moved in.) I lived in Grosse Pointe and then West Bloomfield, but often worked late. Sometimes I would talk friends into coming into the city (late 90s), and it was always hilarious when they did. "Wow I've lived in Oakland Country for 35 years, and only come downtown to go see the Wings. This is amazing." Downtown and Greektown, Corktown and MexicanTown were always fun, and that was before the current "renaissance."

That's clutch.

My last job in the D was working for pwc in the RenCen (before GM moved in.) I lived in Grosse Pointe and then West Bloomfield, but often worked late. Sometimes I would talk friends into coming into the city (late 90s), and it was always hilarious when they did. "Wow I've lived in Oakland Country for 35 years, and only come downtown to go see the Wings. This is amazing." Downtown and Greektown, Corktown and MexicanTown were always fun, and that was before the current "renaissance."
Well she has 2 roomates..they have to juggle their cars with their neighbors when they know people want to use the parking.  It is high rent area in Gilbertville.  One of her friends dads bought 3 places down there for pennies on the dollar before the LCA was built as an investment and he rents to them for probably half what he could get from anyone else.   It is all young doctors and nurses from the medical centers, some Red Wing players, JD Martinez lived 2 doors down from them before he was traded. it is a great thing to see. In fact we are heading down there today for brunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she has 2 roomates..they have to juggle their cars with their neighbors when they know people want to use the parking.  It is high rent area in Gilbertville.  One of her friends dads bought 3 places down there for pennies on the dollar before the LCA was built as an investment and he rents to them for probably half what he could get from anyone else.   It is all young doctors and nurses from the medical centers, some Red Wing players, JD Martinez lived 2 doors down from them before he was traded. it is a great thing to see. In fact we are heading down there today for brunch.
Nice where to?

Users who are viewing this thread