What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets TE situation (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
Jolley, Baker, and Dreesen

Who starts in 2006?

Grabbing any of them in redraft leagues? Dynasty?

some stats

|Chris Baker | 8 | 18 269 14.9 1 |

| Joel Dreessen | 13 | 5 41 8.2 0 |

| Doug Jolley | 16 | 29 324 11.2 1 |

You left off James Dearth!

Seriously though, I don't have a handle on this situation. I thought Baker was starting to put together a career year, and I was impressed with some of his skills. Without a doubt, he is the starter, and the most well-rounded TE of the bunch.

Only thing is that when he re-signed, Mangini was all about how he is a good blocker, and nothing about his receiving ability. Baker also considered signing in other places, but people only wanted him as a #2-type blocker.

As for Jolley, I think he has receiving skills, but he can't block, and TEs who can't block don't get much PT. Dreesen is a project who will see some time at TE2, but won't be a factor this year. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets drafted a TE and let Jolley go. He remains a shining symbol of the mistakes of the last administration.

Baker also considered signing in other places, but people only wanted him as a #2-type blocker.
not really....well it's a weird story. On his NFPA journal he writes how he wanted to test the free agent market then went on a trip travelling to Europe to see the sights.

Users who are viewing this thread