What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Flacco is a Top-10 Quarterback right now in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
The NFL Quarterback play is awful.
All the NFL Rules created and enforced to protect the QB and they can't keep starting QBs upright.

Bryce Young 13 for 36
Carr 17 for 25, 75 yds, add 1 more comp/att and 44 yds...but that's what he mostly did all day

CJ Stroud, 10 out of 23, 91 yds and a pretty nasty concussion
Mayfield 14 of 29 and the Bucs won largely because he actually hit a couple targets late in the game.
Dobbs 10 of 23, 60 yds
AOC managed to lead his team to a 3-0 defeat
Mullens was All World in the 4th Q managing 80 yds passing. Vikings 4th QB of the season?
Herbert 9 of 17, 96 yds and a broken finger on his throwing hand
The Easton Stick Show opened in L.A. at the Pantages Theater

-What weekend observations do you have about the QB play you watched?
Stafford was one of the better performances and the Rams still lost

Looking forward to the weekly overreaction next week when Flacco goes 18-37 for 125 yards with 3 INTs.

It was a down week for offenses. They were all pretty bad. Many will bounce back as they always do.

Honestly, I think Flacco was just ok. I think these plays have been there all year for Cleveland, and its more that everyone else sucked than Flacco is great. He's been throwing to wide open guys that the day 3 rookie and the XFL refugee couldn't hit.

Browning on the other hand, has basically picked up where Burrow left off.

I was lucky enough to pick up Flacco in my SF and I’ve been rolling with him over Carr.
I also had picked up Boyle, Devito and Lock thinking they might be useful. With middling results there.

Watched all of the Ravens/Rams game, and honestly, I didn't think Stafford or Lamar played all that well, they both just had guys running wide open. I expect that against the Rams D a little, but against the Ravens was a surprise. Is Kyle Hamilton that important? Did McVay call an amazing game?

I also felt a little bad for Josh Dobbs, not saying he played well obviously, but his WRs were horrible (Osborn especially) with at least 5 drops that were easy catches. I didn't really think Mullens played any better, he just was luckier.

Speaking of guys let down by drops, Russell Wilson almost had a MONSTER game, with 2 dropped TDs by Jeudy 1 of which was a 40+ yard pass.

Every eligible college QB should opt for the draft and not the portal. NFL needs starters and backups all over the league.

Flacco or Browning for the playoffs?
I like Browning if he truly wasn't injured this past weekend
That guy is ascending and making bank right now for the next team he is going to sign with

Flacco is Top-10 because of injuries and attrition, that was why made the thread title as a joke of sorts.

With the numerous injuries to QBs over the last few weeks, why did no NFL team grab this guy on Monday? Is it a salary cap issue? If I am Minnesota, I am giving him anything he wants to finish out the rest of this season as their QB. Was his performance smoke-and mirrors and MIN thinks Mullens gives them a better chance to win moving forward?

He was moved to the PS on Monday which exposed him to any team picking him up.

Yeah, wow. That's what I assumed from your post about picking him up on Monday. If that's the case, it would seem that some teams slept on the job. Then again, Flacco was with the Jets in previous years and hadn't done much, so maybe teams were lulled to sleep by those performances. The league might think he's done.

I personally do think he's done and am surprised by the success he's having with the Browns.

He was moved to the PS on Monday which exposed him to any team picking him up.

Yeah, wow. That's what I assumed from your post about picking him up on Monday. If that's the case, it would seem that some teams slept on the job. Then again, Flacco was with the Jets in previous years and hadn't done much, so maybe teams were lulled to sleep by those performances. The league might think he's done.

I personally do think he's done and am surprised by the success he's having with the Browns.

Wow. Seems like Hou or Cin should have picked him up if for nothing else to prevent playing against him as they try to make the playoffs.

Flacco was asked yesterday if anyone had tried signing him off the practice squad. He said no and he wouldn't have signed anyway

All the NFL Rules created and enforced to protect the QB and they can't keep starting QBs upright.

Bryce Young 13 for 36
Carr 17 for 25, 75 yds, add 1 more comp/att and 44 yds...but that's what he mostly did all day

Mayfield 14 of 29 and the Bucs won largely because he actually hit a couple targets late in the game.
Dobbs 10 of 23, 60 yds
Mullens was All World in the 4th Q managing 80 yds passing. Vikings 4th QB of the season?

oops

Bryce Young 13 for 36

Dobbs 10 of 23, 60 yds

oops
oops oops?

Bryce Young 13 for 36

Dobbs 10 of 23, 60 yds

oops
? What does this mean?

Bryce Young 13 for 36

Dobbs 10 of 23, 60 yds

oops
oops oops?
I just walked in from Hard Rock and I clearly remember the Browns winning at the after party but in defense of my bud Deamon, Flacco might have still laid an egg,
i saw none of this game.

Last edited:

Bryce Young 13 for 36

Dobbs 10 of 23, 60 yds

oops
oops oops?
I just walked in from Hard Rock and I c;early remember the Browns winning at the after party but in defense of my bud Deamon, Flacco might have still laid an egg,
i saw none of this game.
The score in the 4th quarter was

Bears 3
Flacco -7

Bryce Young 13 for 36

Dobbs 10 of 23, 60 yds

oops
oops oops?
he looked horrible today

Users who are viewing this thread