What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jones/Gibson Trade (1 Viewer)

eighsse

Footballguy
12-team, 20-man roster, full PPR, true dynasty, QRRWWFKD

I'm thinking of offering Aaron Jones for Antonio Gibson plus his first round pick (could be a higher pick). Part of me feels like I'm giving up too much potential in Jones, after last night. But hey, that's the point of selling high, right? What say you ... ? Offering too much? Asking too much?

My roster:

Hurts, Tua, Tyrod, (Fitz IR)

Mixon, Swift, Aaron Jones, Sermon, Gainwell, Ahmed, Dallas, Kylin Hill, (Etienne, Evans IR)

AJ Brown, Lamb, Godwin, Robert Woods, Bryan Edwards, (Gallup, Bateman IR)

Hockenson (note that it's a 0-1 TE league)

Succop+Saints

Picks: No firsts, 3 seconds, 1 third

I don't love it.  I am a Gibson owner and I wish the Aaron Jones owner would offer me a deal like this.  After watching a few WFT games - McKissic is cementing himself in this offense.  Heinicke seems to prefer downfield throws.  Do you have someone you are particularly fond of in the first round fo the draft?  Your roster doesn't seem to have any glaring needs and you look poised to compete for the Championship.  

The night Aaron Jones just had - has never been done by Gibson.  I realize, you don't get fantasy points for past performance, but Jones seems to have control of that backfield and Gibson (sadly) is in a timeshare.  

I don't love it.  I am a Gibson owner and I wish the Aaron Jones owner would offer me a deal like this.  After watching a few WFT games - McKissic is cementing himself in this offense.  Heinicke seems to prefer downfield throws.  Do you have someone you are particularly fond of in the first round fo the draft?  Your roster doesn't seem to have any glaring needs and you look poised to compete for the Championship.  

The night Aaron Jones just had - has never been done by Gibson.  I realize, you don't get fantasy points for past performance, but Jones seems to have control of that backfield and Gibson (sadly) is in a timeshare.  
Thanks for reply.

I do not have any specific draft target in 2022. I've heard it called a poorer-than-average class, but I always count on nice options to be available. And my philosophy is really to never stop getting stronger, for both current and future outlooks, so always looking for draft picks (whether to use, or to sell when that time comes and people are looking at the shiny toys they could get). Long story short, that's why I'd want a draft pick even with a strong team.

And yeah, I could definitely see the deal hurting my chances this year. But I've also been wanting Gibson for a long time, made some ridiculous offers for him this offseason, before I acquired Mixon and Jones. Feel like now would be the buy-low. But I see what you're saying. Might hurt my chances too much to be worth it.

The guy does have another first in 2022 (likely a very low pick). But I don't think it'd ever get accepted if I asked for 2, haha.

The guy does have another first in 2022 (likely a very low pick). But I don't think it'd ever get accepted if I asked for 2, haha.
I love Gibson - don't get me wrong.  I just think Jones is young enough you might have something for the next couple years.  Watching the WFT play - it looks like Heinicke is playing with house money and is never going to dump the ball into the flat for Gibson.  Could that change?  Gosh, I hope so - because I think Gibson can get 15-20 yards off a checkdown versus Heinicke trying to thread the ball downfield in tight holes.  I don't think it is a bad trade either way but I do think you have a proven commodity with Jones andt he owner of Gibson should be paying up (I would ask for both picks and see what comes of that.)

I love Gibson - don't get me wrong.  I just think Jones is young enough you might have something for the next couple years.  Watching the WFT play - it looks like Heinicke is playing with house money and is never going to dump the ball into the flat for Gibson.  Could that change?  Gosh, I hope so - because I think Gibson can get 15-20 yards off a checkdown versus Heinicke trying to thread the ball downfield in tight holes.  I don't think it is a bad trade either way but I do think you have a proven commodity with Jones andt he owner of Gibson should be paying up (I would ask for both picks and see what comes of that.)
Yeah, you're right about proven vs to-be-determined. It's risky since I feel very solid currently other than questionable/shallow at QB. But damn, if he went for it with the 2 picks, it'd be really hard to feel bad about it.

Would you do jones for Mahomes and Gibson? 

I'm stacked at WR

Hunt as my RB 2

stafford as my QB currently.

If I were offered that, I would definitely be tempted. Would hate to lose Jones but that's a good offer, in dynasty.

Users who are viewing this thread