What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just completed this trade; thoughts and comments? (2 Viewers)

Who got the better of the trade?

• Team A (gave Bell/DJax) got over

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team B (gave Gore/Mason/Thomas) got over

• It's fair for both sides

• It sucks for both sides

• Total voters

Red Herring

Footballguy
Its the league/team in my sig; I gave up Bell $20 and DJax $24 to get Gore $4, Mason $19, and Thomas $13.

His team:

QB: Harrington $4, Hass $12

RB: KJ $46, Jordan $25, Gore $4 (Traded to Me), Bennett $1, Turner $1

WR: Boldin $20, Mason $19 (TtM), Wilford $18, Porter $7, BMW $1, Drew Carter $1

TE: Witten $21, Courtney A $1

K: Feeley $2, Peterson $1

DE: Ogun $9, Berry $5, Little $4

LB: Bulluck $28, Morrison $14, Z Thomas $13 (TtM), Pollack $1, Hill $1

DB: Reed $26, Tillman $20, Bailey $19, Archuleta $7, Shweigert $1

Cap/roster space had a lot to do with this, as he wanted to free up a slot for our current auction, and it freed up cap room for me so I can spend more in the next auction. I'll likely end up ditching Mason before the next auction (cap casualty, if you will), but he does have to stay on my roster until the current auction ends, effectively ending it for me (I'm currently bidding on another QB for my last roster spot)

I see Gore and Bell's situations as ~ equal, both will get some carries and have a shot at starting, Thomas was the guy i wanted, letting me start Barnett, Tatupu, Thomas most weeks, and I can think about letting go of Spikes (good player, high price).

edit: added (TtM) to indicate which players from team B's roster I am receiving

Last edited by a moderator:
djax at 24 is the best player in the trade. only way this works out for you is if gore wins the job and stays healthy.

Its the league/team in my sig; I gave up Bell $20 and DJax $24 to get Gore $4, Mason $19, and Thomas $13.

His team:

RB: KJ $46, Jordan $25, Gore $4, Bennett $1, Turner $1

WR: Boldin $20, Mason $19, Wilford $18, Porter $7, BMW $1, Drew Carter $1

LB: Bulluck $28, Morrison $14, Z Thomas $13, Pollack $1, Hill $1

Cap/roster space had a lot to do with this, as he wanted to free up a slot for our current auction, and it freed up cap room for me so I can spend more in the next auction. I'll likely end up ditching Mason before the next auction (cap casualty, if you will), but he does have to stay on my roster until the current auction ends, effectively ending it for me (I'm currently bidding on another QB for my last roster spot)

I see Gore and Bell's situations as ~ equal, both will get some carries and have a shot at starting, Thomas was the guy i wanted, letting me start Barnett, Tatupu, Thomas most weeks, and I can think about letting go of Spikes (good player, high price).
Bad trade for you in terms of talent, but if it helps you salary wise, then in the long run, it might be good. But to let a guy like DJax go, that would be hard for me to do for a aging WR on a bad passing team. Also, any Denver RB will excel in that running scheme, and Gore is on a bad SF offense.

His team:

RB: KJ $46, Jordan $25, Gore $4, Bennett $1, Turner $1

WR: Boldin $20, Mason $19, Wilford $18, Porter $7, BMW $1, Drew Carter $1

LB: Bulluck $28, Morrison $14, Z Thomas $13, Pollack $1, Hill $1

Bad trade for you in terms of talent, but if it helps you salary wise, then in the long run, it might be good. But to let a guy like DJax go, that would be hard for me to do for a aging WR on a bad passing team. Also, any Denver RB will excel in that running scheme, and Gore is on a bad SF offense.
I agree on all those points, but the key guy for me was Thomas. IDP points are HUGE in this league (see below) and the top LBs more than hold their own. for reference, the top 15 scorers in the league last year were: SA, LT2, LJ, Tiki, Edge, Vilma, Mike Peterson, Donnie edwards, Rudi, Lamont, Fletcher, Palmer, Z Thomas, Portis, S Smith. Mason ws essentially a non factor, just a guy to cut to go after a rookie RB or LB or 2. Not to mention, I dont think Bell gets more than 15 carries agame; it just doesnt seem like Skeletor thinks he can handle it. If he was a full-load Dener RB, this trade never would have happened. lol... all that to say the main trade was thomas for Djax, with the others to even it out a little.

zach is a top LB but for how much longer?

I think the real gem on your team is HILL at $1 he is gonna be a #2 or #3 type LB this yr...

DJAX is the man in Sea at WR he isnt flashy but he is a top 10-15 CONSISTENT(he was injured) scorer when he plays.

I would not have done the trade but thats my opinion...

also as I see it the Gore part of the deal is nothing but depth since i see you starting KJ and Jordan(read bell would have been on the bench but i think he had a higher ceiling value for future deals)

zach is a top LB but for how much longer?

I think the real gem on your team is HILL at $1 he is gonna be a #2 or #3 type LB this yr...

DJAX is the man in Sea at WR he isnt flashy but he is a top 10-15 CONSISTENT(he was injured) scorer when he plays. 

I would not have done the trade but thats my opinion...

also as I see it the Gore part of the deal is nothing but depth since i see you starting KJ and Jordan(read bell would have been on the bench but i think he had a higher ceiling value for future deals)
umm.... the team in my sig is my team, thats the guy that traded w/ me. Which is why I didnt mind trading bell so much, he was 4th behind Brown, Droughns, and DD. I do agree Zach wont be a world beater for more than a couple more years, but thats all I need for D Johnson to develop :) Also, we start 2 RB + flex, which I would like to be a RB if possible

Does the team change your opinion any?

edit: also modified the first post to clarify which team is mine

why do you even need zach thomas? Ioriginally though maybe he would be a much needed lb...but he isn't. Your very strong at LB.

why do you even need zach thomas? Ioriginally though maybe he would be a much needed lb...but he isn't. Your very strong at LB.
mainly because I didnt want to have to keep Spikes for 25. I'd like to spend a bit in this years rookie draft, possibly come out with a couple of the top 4 RBs and maybe a rookie LB. Not to mention there really isn't ANY talent left in the LB FA pool. probably only a handful that are even borderline starters. With LBs being almost on par with RBs in this league, it looked easier to make this area strong through trade and Rb through the draft, rather than vice versa. Guess I could be wrong though....

mainly because I didnt want to have to keep Spikes for 25. I'd like to spend a bit in this years rookie draft, possibly come out with a couple of the top 4 RBs and maybe a rookie LB. Not to mention there really isn't ANY talent left in the LB FA pool. probably only a handful that are even borderline starters. With LBs being almost on par with RBs in this league, it looked easier to make this area strong through trade and Rb through the draft, rather than vice versa. Guess I could be wrong though....
I must say, you are right about the inflated IDP scoring. most IDP leagues im in that have that kind of IDP scoring also have 1 PPR for WR and 1.5 for TE to balance out the offense.

I must say, you are right about the inflated IDP scoring. most IDP leagues im in that have that kind of IDP scoring also have 1 PPR for WR and 1.5 for TE to balance out the offense.
:D Yep, I love it too. I was leery about it when I joined the league, thought it was a bit high, but at least in this league it seems to have almost completely equalized the usual gap in usefulness between IOP and IDP. It really fits well with the auction/cap angle. Which is why I was drooling over Barnett/Tatupu/Thomas starting for me. Guess I'm going with the Stud LB theory? :lmao:

I voted fair for both sides, just because I don't think one side was overwhelmingly better than other, yet. The real winner won't be known until you see what Bell and Gore do over the next couple of seasons (I'm of the opinion that the nod will go to Gore). I'd say the Thomas/DJax part is a wash for this season with that IDP scoring.

You've got some nice young RBs and some boom-or-bust QBs (ETA: well worth the risks at those prices, though). Looks like your IDPs will keep you competitive until your RB/QB situations solidify.

Users who are viewing this thread