What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kansas City Jazz? (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
Right now, I'm watching the game between the Jazz and the 76ers on TNT, and I'm thinking to myself, the Utah Jazz; now that's a name that just doesn't seem right.  I'm going to propose an idea for NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to seriously consider: There's three markets where having an NFL or NBA franchise is kind of awkward, Oklahoma City, Sacramento, and Salt Lake City, Utah.  So here's my idea: send the Thunder back to Seattle, move the Kings from that hellhole in Sacramento and send them to Las Vegas, AND send the Jazz to Kansas City.  There's a lot of history of the NBA in Kansas City, and at one time they shared a franchise with Omaha.  But I just really haven't comfortable not having an NBA franchise in Kansas City.  Would having the Jazz in Kansas City me the right move for the NBA?

(Which means, if you live in Kansas City, and you remember having the Kings from 1972 to 1985, I want to hear from you!)

Last edited by a moderator:
and what about the lakers?!  There are no lakes in Los Angeles!

except Silver Lake, I guess.
The Lakers actually started in Minneapolis in 1947 and moved to Los Angeles in 1960.  Don't know why they kept the name "Lakers," but I just wanted to throw that bit of info out for everyone.

Would having the Jazz in Kansas City me the right move for the NBA?
SLC loves the NBA, or at least that's my impression.

Yes it's a shame NO lost the team name, it really belongs to us, but that's that. The real culprit here is old Sam Battistone who just wouldn't budge. I'm sure SLC and Utah would have much rather had a team name that resonated with their local flavor, like the Rockies or something, but they've obviously come to love the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegas lost their chance for a team when All-Star Weekend was in town.  I hear it was practically a done deal until that weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread