What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kashmir. The greatest song ever? (1 Viewer)

I find songs that are 8 minutes long tend to be drawn out and repetitive.

Think of it like a nice ribeye steak...I love them but if you gave me 40 ounces of delicious ribeye steak...it's just too much.

But like you say, it's all subjective.
Couldn't disagree more.  I've already mentioned In My Time Of Dying by Zep and Three Days by Jane's.  That's just the tip of the iceberg though.  I'm gonna wiggle with the 8 minute qualifier because I think it's kinda arbitrary.

Hurricane - Dylan

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen 

Jungleland - Bruce

One - Metallica

Wake Up - Mad Season 

Jesus of Suburbia - Green Day

Tannerhauser/Derive - The Refused

Aenima - Tool 

There are so many more - that's just a quick review of the play list I have going right now + the obligatory Tool throw-in.  You could build an entire catalog of just Tool.  And I don't feel that way because they're long.  It's because they have time to build multiple layers that shorter/normal length songs can't.  You don't even notice that they're long.  You get lost in them.  They begin to come to a close and you want even more.  Are there bad long songs? ones that get drawn out and would be better at 4-5 minutes?  Absolutely, but I think the best songs are the ones that also have length.  

Users who are viewing this thread